The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Which Hakase To Order ?

hakase

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 brahe

brahe

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 March 2015 - 21:08

Dear FPN friends,

Last week I received my first Hakase: NJ10B New Green Celluloid. WOW !

Having an Ohasido, two Nakaya’s, a Fred Faggionato, a Platinum Izumo and several MB’s, I thought I had some experience with good pens.  Was I surprise after filling my Hakase with their dark Sepia Ink: amazing. The smoothness is beyond believe.

Needless to say that the craftsmanship of Mr. Ryo Yamamoto is impeccable.  The pen is perfect from every angle, nothing and absolutely nothing I can find that might indicate even the smallest imperfection. I had the pen made 1 cm longer, for me the pen feels perfect for my hands: the balance, the weight, the smoothness when writing, well, everything actually shouts: Perfection.

I have shown it to a friend who is absolutely devoted to his Louis Cartier Fountain pen. After a minute I had to take it back when he started drooling over it.

Now I’m faced with a dilemma. I’m about to order a new Hakase and I can use some advice.

To make it clear: I’m not interested in a solid golden rings or clips. For me it is about the pen and it’s writing characteristics.  The Hakase should stay simple and straight forward. That said, this Hakase  should make mouths drop.

My two questions:

1) With a budget of app € 1.000,-- ( JPN 120.000,-) I am considering ordering either:

• Black water Buffalo Horn WB 10A
  • Rose Wood Burl Urushi Coating QB10A

2) What nib should I take: NX or DX ?

What should I choose? Does anyone have one or maybe even both fountain pens ?

Your help and advice will be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Bram

Sponsored Content

#2 Algester

Algester

(´Д⊂ヽ

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,786 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 March 2015 - 05:54

well this will be your pen and you have a Hakase decide on your own maybe you will find your own that would be your own

#3 rpsyed

rpsyed

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 March 2015 - 18:40

I really like the way the buffalo horn looks personally. Mongrelnomad posted a review of his Hakase made from buffalo horn that is just stunningly beautiful.

This is a bit off-topic but what Faggionato model do you have? What do you think of it?

#4 daintydimsum

daintydimsum

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 March 2015 - 01:16

I have the rosewood but not the Buffalo horn. I love the rosewood but honestly, the buffalo horn looks amazing and it'll likely be my next Hakase!

#5 mongrelnomad

mongrelnomad

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,414 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 13:16

Sorry to come late to this thread. I have a buffalo horn and a burl on the way; I will be happy to post impressions once it arrives if you have not yet made your decision.

Too many pens; too little writing.

#6 Frank C

Frank C

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,295 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 July 2015 - 15:36

I'm still thinking about a Hakase. I like reading all these topics. 

"One can not waste time worrying about small minds . . . If we were normal, we'd still be using free ball point pens." —Bo Bo Olson "I already own more ink than a rational person can use in a lifetime." —Waski_the_Squirrel
I'm still trying to figure out how to list all my pens down here.

#7 tenney

tenney

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,809 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 July 2015 - 08:14

What are those nib demarcations NX DX?
--
Glenn (love those pen posses)

#8 Dhruv_Sood

Dhruv_Sood

Gimme Inks

• Away
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 08:37

DX is the smaller sailor nib and EX is the bigger Pilot #15 nib.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hakase

Sponsored Content

|