The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Asa Patriot - The Classic

asapens asa patriot fountain pen fountain pen review pen review ebonite italic nib jowo indian pen

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 AD64

AD64

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 20:52

Thank you for another lovely and useful review of a beautiful Indian fountain pen. 

Do you have any news of how it is working for you as an eyedropper?

I am looking at the ASA Pens website and it seems that the 1.1mm italic is no longer available. Or does one need to write to them to ask for this? I also don't seen the option for engraving the cap.

Any help you can offer would be appreciated.

Thanks again,

AD

Sponsored Content

#22 drmukherjee

drmukherjee

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 May 2016 - 07:15

Talk to subbu sir for anything from clip to engraving to 1.1mm Italic he will help you out .. Email him any queries..
ALWAYS LOOKING FOR INDIAN PENS .. IF YOU HAVE ANY KINDLY PM ME..

#23 mehandiratta

mehandiratta

Museum Piece

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,695 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 May 2016 - 09:43

Thank you for another lovely and useful review of a beautiful Indian fountain pen. 

Do you have any news of how it is working for you as an eyedropper?

I am looking at the ASA Pens website and it seems that the 1.1mm italic is no longer available. Or does one need to write to them to ask for this? I also don't seen the option for engraving the cap.

Any help you can offer would be appreciated.

Thanks again,

AD

The 1.1 Italic is out of stock.. because all have been consumed in TransNauka group buy... it has been working perfectly for me...

vaibhav mehandiratta                               

architect & fountain pen connoisseur 

blog | instagram | twitter

#24 AD64

AD64

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 17:46

Talk to subbu sir for anything from clip to engraving to 1.1mm Italic he will help you out .. Email him any queries..

Thank you for this information. I will not be shy to email him then.

Regards,

AD

#25 AD64

AD64

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 17:46

The 1.1 Italic is out of stock.. because all have been consumed in TransNauka group buy... it has been working perfectly for me...

I see us consuming italic nibs for tea ...

Smiling

#26 Arkanabar

Arkanabar

Ain't I a stinker?

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 August 2016 - 06:18

Good review. I'm interested to know how the ink flow will be in ED mode near the end of the tank.

I'm looking forward to this information as well.

#27 mehandiratta

mehandiratta

Museum Piece

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,695 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 August 2016 - 11:37

Ink flow is just a lil bit more and increase as soon as tank nears end... 

but there was no burping at all...

vaibhav mehandiratta                               

architect & fountain pen connoisseur 

blog | instagram | twitter

#28 Dupontdelamare

Dupontdelamare

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 December 2018 - 17:44

The section of the pen is finished in black shiny finish which is quite okay and provides for sturdy grip. However i would have liked it even more if the section would also have been given a matte finish.

Your excellent account of your minimalist bakul Asa Patriot pen has captured my attention, I am enjoying my black Bakul Nauka at least partly because the texture underlines its sweeping lines and adds to the sensual feeling of the absence of any break between section and body, so I completely understand your wish to have this texture right down to the section, even if in this case the Patriots threads do break the sweep. Perhaps it is possible to ask for this specifically, unless for cost reasons, the section has to be common to all Patriot pens, bakul or polished?
Indeed, I enjoy this bakul texture so much I have also ordered a similarly textured Ranga 8b in the group buy, and I am hoping the matte quality will also carry on to the section. Now the minimalist design of the Asa Patriot cries out to me to add one of these every day writers to my still small bakul pen collection, if that is the section could also be similarly textured. Thank you anyway for pointing this out, and for a very interesting review.
Regards
Dupontdelamare

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: asapens, asa, patriot, fountain pen, fountain pen review, pen review, ebonite, italic nib, jowo, indian pen

Sponsored Content

|