The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

"frosted" Oliver Karma Fp. Self Customised Finish. (Eye Candy Images)

oliver karma indian pen indian fountain pen demonstrator frosted eyedropper flex finish customised

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cjpandya

cjpandya

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 March 2015 - 12:30

Hello fellow FPNers,

So it was a lazy Sunday afternoon and i was in front of my laptop with a cup of freshly brewed coffee.

Beside my laptop was lying the Oliver Karma demonstrator. I had bought it quite a while ago and used it quite a lot. As a result. The clear acrylic barrel had developed scratches that scratched the eyes of the viewer. Also, it had not been factory polished from inside the barrel when i had bought it. It had the marks of lathe machine in it. 

As i sipped my coffee, an idea struck me like a bolt. Perhaps the result of my strong brew! I thought, why not try and give it the "frosted" finish that has recently gained quite some popularity. And off i went to convert my thought into action. Here is the result... 

16721998181_0908c1dabc_c.jpg

16515976307_f96fe19d13_c.jpg

16697369886_6784575b54_c.jpg

The original finish.

16721902691_f7deee5794.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 Rakshit

Rakshit

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 March 2015 - 02:11

I have two of these Karma demonstrators. I'd like to do this to one  :)

So, how did you do it? and more importantly, what brew of coffee was it?

EDIT: Never mind, I found your technique written about it in your post in general Fountain pen reviews sections.

Regards

Rakshit

Edited by Rakshit, 06 March 2015 - 06:05.

#3 cjpandya

cjpandya

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 March 2015 - 07:13

I have two of these Karma demonstrators. I'd like to do this to one  :)

So, how did you do it? and more importantly, what brew of coffee was it?

EDIT: Never mind, I found your technique written about it in your post in general Fountain pen reviews sections.

Regards

Rakshit

:D Thanks for the appreciation and comment. As for the brew it was mysore royal! :wub:

Edited by cjpandya, 06 March 2015 - 07:15.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: oliver, karma, indian pen, indian fountain pen, demonstrator, frosted, eyedropper, flex, finish, customised

Sponsored Content

|