The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Rotring Core Tecnor XS nib

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jhazelwood

jhazelwood

Inky Fingers

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 02:03

I purchased two of these pens, one for me and one for my wife. It is very modern to say the least. The design is odd but very nice.

It has an XS or fine nib that is steel. It is smoother than a Parker Vector fine point, that is my only other fine nib. It is stiff and writes very smooth and wet. It lays down a nice even line and the Rotring blue black ink does not feather on standard 5star paper.

The grip is unusual to say the least however it is better than any other pen I have used once you get used to it. It is very well balanced unposted. When posted it is too top heavy for my liking, this is due in part to the somewhat large metal slug in the top of the cap.

That is all I have for now, I suggest this pen to anyone who wants a nice writing inexpensive pen!

***Edit*** This pens also ejects the cartridge when you unscrew the nib section, now thats nifty! Also the cap snaps on to the pen when posted, no chance of it falling off.

Edited by jhazelwood, 30 March 2007 - 02:29.

Sponsored Content

#2 bdngrd

bdngrd

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 02:12

Thanks for the review, I have been thinking about one of those for a while. I am a big fan of the 600, and I like my initial almost as well.
The Danitrio Fellowship

#3 jhazelwood

jhazelwood

Inky Fingers

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 22:41

As an update, I have been through several carts of ink and it writes very well. It is as fine as a pilot varsity but no where near as scratchy. Overall I am very satisfied!

Sponsored Content

|