The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Replacement Nibs

jinhao 126 nib jinaho 126 nib replacement

3 replies to this topic

#1 kiraibz101

kiraibz101

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 22:25

Hello everyone, new poster here, purchased myself a Lamy CP1 a short while ago with Diamine Red Dragon for redlines at work. Since buying this setup I have fallen in love with fountain pens and hand writing. I went further and purchased a 1.1mm italic nib and Diamine Majestic Blue ink. I am completely torn between the 2 inks and it is way too inconvenient to go through the process of cleaning out the pens just to change ink colours. So I purchased a Jinhao 126 from a local shop. I don't like the look of the nib and was wondering about replacing it for a 1.1mm nib. I have found no information on this pen and switching nibs, and was told I can, cant, and can but only with expensive nibs, replace the nib. The nib's come off like a fountain pen would, I was wondering if someone could identify the type of nib I need to pick up which would fit the pen.

If anyone has any idea what kind of nib would be compatible I would appreciate it :)

Please see picture below.

Attached Images

• IMG_20150302_114405.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 jjlax10

jjlax10

Nib Maven

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 March 2015 - 02:23

It looks like what's called a number 5 nib. Size is based on the feed. There are a number of inexpensive options to try, look at xfountainpens or fountain pen revolution.
President, Big Apple Pen Club
Follow us on Instagram @big_apple_pen_club

"Let other pens dwell on guilt and misery."

J.J. Lax Pen Co.
www.jjlaxpenco.com On Instagram: @jjlaxpenco

#3 Jamerelbe

Jamerelbe

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,730 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 March 2015 - 06:22

I agree, this looks like a #5 Jinhao nib. JoWo make #5 nibs, but they're a little hard to source, and therefore a bit pricey ($18 plus postage from meisternibs.com, if you're in the US). Fountain Pen Revolution nibs are cheaper, and pretty good quality, but they don't do 1.1mm stubs. So maybe check xfountainpens?

#4 kiraibz101

kiraibz101

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 15:53

I see a lot of #5 nibs which include a feed in pictures - would those work with this pen or do I just need the nib itself. If I need just the nib, is it possible to separate the nib from the feed or would I have to put a fair bit of work to it?

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: jinhao 126 nib, jinaho, 126, nib, replacement

Sponsored Content

|