The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Finding The Best Paper For A Specific Letter...

paper letters letter help stationary

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Tootles

Tootles

Donor Pen

• Away
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 04:39

EDIT: I removed what I wanted to say when I realised - somewhat tardily - that nothing I write here will have any impact on Rhodialover's intentions. Which is a genuine shame really.

Edited by Cardboard_Tube, 03 March 2015 - 04:39.

Sponsored Content

#22 LeonW

LeonW

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 March 2015 - 10:22

EDIT: I removed what I wanted to say when I realised - somewhat tardily - that nothing I write here will have any impact on Rhodialover's intentions. Which is a genuine shame really.

+1

#23 no7fish

no7fish

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 16:54

It's only a genuine shame if you truly believe you know better than Rhodialover how they should carry on through life.  I don't believe their actions were offered up for help in the decisionmaking, merely a framing for the question of paper.

edit: that wasn't meant to be curt.  I hope it wasn't received that way.

Edited by no7fish, 04 March 2015 - 18:15.

#24 cattar

cattar

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 17:26

Ooooo, drama! Where's my popcorn?

Rhodialover, consider writing the whole experience as a telenovela.
Some people enjoy living the drama.
Some enjoy watching it
Get paid well for your experience.

#25 Tootles

Tootles

Donor Pen

• Away
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 17:35

no7fish, that's a fair point. My apologies for being so presumptuous.

#26 prf5

prf5

Permanently absent from this board

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 19:18

1) It's only a genuine shame if you truly believe you know better than Rhodialover how they should carry on through life. 

2) I don't believe their actions were offered up for help in the decisionmaking, merely a framing for the question of paper.

I agree with your first point and disagree with the second. The OP offered a lot, I believe a surfeit, of information about the situation and the purpose of the letter. Several folks made recommendations that ranged from a paper bag to options in 100% rag content. My recommendation was to focus on the message and not to waste fine paper on people who don't deserve it. That's not an appeal for using a paper bag, but rather for standard quality typing or photocopy paper, unless the paper will also be used for other purposes, 

I suppose all of us have been in situations that bear some similarity to what the OP depicted. In retrospect, the lingering thought, the thing that frames my memory, isn't what others did but how I responded and what I gained. There are bad people in the world, too many I'm sure, and I try to encourage them to bite one another.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: paper, letters, letter, help, stationary

Sponsored Content

|