• mhguda

• deepak23

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hope i'm not late , i would like

10 Flex #5
5 FLEX #6
5 Gold tone #8 medium nib
5 Dual tone #6 fine medium nib ( if dual tone not available 5 chrome )

Thank you for all effort

Dear All International Friends

Please note that there will be currency conversion charges and convenience as levied by paypal to me on the amount that i will tell plus the shipping and packaging charges.

I will be sending the nibs via registered post with the tracking no. which will be shared with all.

And thereafter i will not be held responsible for anything if in case of any lost in transit and all. (though out of my 100 sent packages i have never experienced my friends not receiving them).

I am not a businessman and I am just trying to help.

I have said this because I do all this effort and at the end of this i don't want any bad blood between me and anyone else.

I hope its all clear and whoever is willing to go ahead please reply. I will tell you guys the amount.

Edited by mehandiratta

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

All Local friends (In India)

I will be sending this via registered post or Speed Post or DTDC courier as per your requirement.

There will be shipping plus packaging charges.

Also payment you will have to do via bank transfer to my account.

vaibhav mehandiratta

All Local friends (In India)

I will be sending this via registered post or Speed Post or DTDC courier as per your requirement.

There will be shipping plus packaging charges.

Also payment you will have to do via bank transfer to my account.

No problems with shipping method you mentioned. You can ship by any one method convenient to you. I will transfer the amount ( cost + packing + shipping) via bank anytime. Thanks for initiative and efforts for this group buy.

Dear All International Customers

Please note that there will be currency conversion charges and convenience as levied by paypal to me on the amount that i will tell plus the shipping and packaging charges.

I will be sending the nibs via registered post with the tracking no. which will be shared with all.

And thereafter i will not be held responsible for anything if in case of any lost in transit and all. (though out of my 100 sent packages i have never experienced my friends not receiving them).

I am not a businessman and I am just trying to help.

I have said this because I do all this effort and at the end of this i don't want any bad blood between me and anyone else.

I hope its all clear and whoever is willing to go ahead please reply. I will tell you guys the amount.

It is clear to me and I wish to go ahead.

I also do not want there to be any bad blood because of this group buy. You are doing us a tremendous service and I for one wish to express my gratitude.

I do hope in future you will refer to those of us participating from abroad also as "Friends"...

Anyway I am still in and hope we will manage to get to the minimum number for #6 flex nibs as well!

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

It is clear to me and I wish to go ahead.

I also do not want there to be any bad blood because of this group buy. You are doing us a tremendous service and I for one wish to express my gratitude.

I do hope in future you will refer to those of us participating from abroad also as "Friends"...

Anyway I am still in and hope we will manage to get to the minimum number for #6 flex nibs as well!

Oops.. I missed.. Friend thing is corrected... And also will try to get flex

vaibhav mehandiratta

Here is my order:

5 # 5 flex nib at 95 INR/each

5 # 6 Flex nib at 115 INR/each

10 # 6 35mm F/M Chrome finish at 65/each

5 # 8 40mm M Gold tone finish at 75INR/each

Total order: 2075 INR

Thank you Mehan

Please note that there will be additional charges as currency conversion and also packaging and shipping.

Plus paypal convenience charges.

vaibhav mehandiratta

My International/Overseas Friends

Also one thing i want to add here is that the DHL/FEDEX option also available if you all want.

Shipping as per actual.

But I am sure this one will be more than the cost of nibs.

Edited by mehandiratta

vaibhav mehandiratta

Also i request other members ...

that i will be creating a new groupbuy in PIF Section...

Kindly update there only...

Here is the LINK - AMBITIOUS GROUP BUY

Edited by mehandiratta

vaibhav mehandiratta

• 1 month later...

Are ambitious no10 nibs interchangeable with #6 nibs (like Jowo, or other German #6's)? I have a Gama Forever on the way that comes with an Ambitious no10 and I was wondering if I could fit #6 nibs in it.

Edited by tragique

• 2 weeks later...

Gama Supreme fitted with 35 mm chrome Ambitious nib

Gama_Supreme_35_mm_Ambitious_nib_1.jpg

First impressions

After opening the well packed nib consignment from FPN member mehandiratta I immediately noticed the 35 mm long and 8.75 mm wide Ambitious nib is made of thicker sheet metal than the (rather thin) Indian no. 10 OEM 35 mm long nib.

Mounting

The thicker sheet metal of the Ambitious nib resulted in having to apply a ridiculous amount of force to friction fit it in the section of my Gama Supreme. Luckily FPN member hari317 provided me guidance on how to correctly heat set the entire ebonite grip section and appropriately fit the feed and Ambitious nib. A bonus of traditional Indian eyedropper pens is that the user can tinker within limits with their feed and nib setup, so I opted to set the nib rather long compared to the OEM setup.

Gama_Supreme_35_mm_Ambitious_nib_2.jpg

Gama_Supreme_35_mm_Ambitious_nib_3.jpg

Gama_Supreme_35_mm_Ambitious_nib_4.jpg

The nib exposed length with the Ambitious 35 mm long nib firmly installed is about 23.8 mm. At that length the cap of my Gama Supreme can be fully closed without the longer nib setup touching anything leaving ample clearance. The achieved 1.8 mm exposed nib length increase over the OEM setup is an ergonomic improvement for people who grip their pens high like I do.

Writing

During writing I noticed that the 35 mm Ambitious F/M nib writes noticeably smoother when compared to the 35 mm OEM nib. The ink flow with ESS registrars iron gall ink is excellent. As a bonus the nib can also be used inverted without becoming vexatious scratchy. My Ambitious 35mm nib turned out to be approximately a European F equivalent as I hoped.

Final thoughts

This finer writing 35 mm Ambitious nib can to my delight be used for legible small writing. I think these nibs out of the box are a serious upgrade option for the Gama Supreme or other pens.

First impressions

After opening the well packed nib consignment from FPN member mehandiratta I immediately noticed the 35 mm long and 8.75 mm wide Ambitious nib is made of thicker sheet metal than the (rather thin) Indian no. 10 OEM 35 mm long nib.

Mounting

The thicker sheet metal of the Ambitious nib resulted in having to apply a ridiculous amount of force to friction fit it in the section of my Gama Supreme. Luckily FPN member hari317 provided me guidance on how to correctly heat set the entire ebonite grip section and appropriately fit the feed and Ambitious nib. A bonus of traditional Indian eyedropper pens is that the user can tinker within limits with their feed and nib setup, so I opted to set the nib rather long compared to the OEM setup.

The nib exposed length with the Ambitious 35 mm long nib firmly installed is about 23.8 mm. At that length the cap of my Gama Supreme can be fully closed without the longer nib setup touching anything leaving ample clearance. The achieved 1.8 mm exposed nib length increase over the OEM setup is an ergonomic improvement for people who grip their pens high like I do.

Writing

During writing I noticed that the 35 mm Ambitious F/M nib writes noticeably smoother when compared to the 35 mm OEM nib. The ink flow with ESS registrars iron gall ink is excellent. As a bonus the nib can also be used inverted without becoming vexatious scratchy. My Ambitious 35mm nib turned out to be approximately a European F equivalent as I hoped.

Final thoughts

This finer writing 35 mm Ambitious nib can to my delight be used for legible small writing. I think these nibs out of the box are a serious upgrade option for the Gama Supreme or other pens.

Oh thank you for the news.... i am glad that this worked out for you....

vaibhav mehandiratta

My gama supreme came with ambitious 35 mm chrome nib originally fitted and writes a very smooth and wet fine line

First impressions

Mounting

Writing

Final thoughts

How did you remove the previous nib/feed from that pen? I have a Gama Forever in need of a new nib (had an accident, the nib is bent out of shape) and I just can't get the feed and nib out of the section at all. I've tried rubber grips and it won't even move.

Soak first. A few days probably, in a soapy bath. Eventually it will budge. Take care not to break the feed... If you try and move it, after a while, and then put it back in the water, you have a better chance of dissolving dried ink in the section.

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

How did you remove the previous nib/feed from that pen? I have a Gama Forever in need of a new nib (had an accident, the nib is bent out of shape) and I just can't get the feed and nib out of the section at all. I've tried rubber grips and it won't even move.

You need a knock out block

vaibhav mehandiratta

You can make a cheap DIY knock out block to remove a friction fitted ebonite feed from a grip section. Just drill an appropriately sized hole for the nib and feed in a piece of wood and position the grip section you want to work on over the hole. The nib + feed you are working on should barely fit through the hole.

To prevent drama when knocking out nibs try to use a big sturdy glass jar to rest the drilled piece of wood with the nib + feed sticking through the hole and put a paper towel on the bottom of the jar to provide a non-messy soft landing for the nib and feed. As punch to tap on the feed out of the grip section I use a brass rod and for the actual knocking I use another piece of wood or the grip of a screwdriver. You will find out that you do not have to tap hard to (gently) move the nib and feed forward through the hole holding them in the grip section, so avoid using heavy potentially destructive tools like a hammer. If you opt to use a big glass jar to catch the feed and nib do not be afraid that you will shatter a big glass jar easily by tapping on the feed.

At https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22Z0zzl2enk you can see the basic method of knocking out nibs with a DIY knock out block.

After knocking out and (re)positioning the feed and nib in the pen according to your preferences the feed will probably need a heat setting to conform the feed to the nib to achieve a satisfying ink flow. Warm ebonite can within limits be deformed quite easily. Depending on the sulfur percentage ebonite has a thermoplastic transition or softening temperature of 70 to 80 °C (158 to 176 °F). Especially when dealing with old ebonite water will discolor it quickly, so I avoid the use of water/steam to heat even factory fresh ebonite. To provide dry heat I use a powerful hairdryer held just centimeters away to the ebonite feed and nib. Further I like to use a piece of cardboard with an appropriate cut hole that just lets the feed and nib look through the cardboard. Such a DIY cardboard insulation collar prevents the heat from unnecessarily reaching/deforming the grip section and barrel of the pen I am working on. After the ebonite is warmed up to about 70 to 80 °C (158 to 176 °F) press the feed against the nib for 10 to 30 seconds (this is the actual heat setting) and let the feed + nib cool down for about 15 minutes. Do not forget to use gloves a piece of cardboard/rubber etc. to touch the feed and nib during heat setting as they become unpleasantly hot.

Edited by Fuellerfuehrerschein

• 1 month later...