The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Desiderata Mercury Flex Pen

desiderata mercury flex flex pen wood purple heart cherry zebra g

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 PatientType

PatientType

Enjoying the Journey

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,886 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 March 2015 - 04:01

Very, very well written review.  Lots of detail on the pen.  A clear-eyed assessment (which is a lot more useful than the gushing, just-got-a-new-pen-and-it-is-wonderful-in-every-respect reviews that sometimes appear).  And, even a bit of explanation as to the special qualities of the pen that might make it an excellent choice for some and disappointing for others.  Thank you for investing the care and time to provide it.

Sponsored Content

#22 jasonchickerson

jasonchickerson

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 March 2015 - 04:01

Some lovely writing right there ^^

Thank you very much. I'm amazed at the progress I have made in a short time with the help of some fellow FPNers to show me the way.

#23 Tootles

Tootles

Donor Pen

• Away
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 04:05

Hmmm, I really don't like the Conklin pens.

And I thought - with the understanding that I am a monumentally unknowledgeable person - that no more wooden Desiderata pens were to be made?

Playing last night I found that Diamine Ancient Copper works quite nicely with a well-licked Hiro nib, as long as I do not try to be too expressive. Dip pen, for clarity.

#24 jasonchickerson

jasonchickerson

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 March 2015 - 04:09

I just finished a bunch of Delrin Daedalus pens that I posted about in the Instagram feed. Now, I'm waiting for parts to come in from one of my suppliers, and once I get them, the store can reopen. I'll send an email to people on the mailing list giving them an exact time when things will become available.

And I thought - with the understanding that I am a monumentally unknowledgeable person - that no more wooden Desiderata pens were to be made?

I'm sure Pierre can clarify, but I I would hope that the wooden pens will remain a staple of his business.

#25 PrestoTenebroso

PrestoTenebroso

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 04:53

I'm sure Pierre can clarify, but I I would hope that the wooden pens will remain a staple of his business.

Wood is my favorite material.

#26 jasonchickerson

jasonchickerson

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 March 2015 - 05:40

Very, very well written review.  Lots of detail on the pen.  A clear-eyed assessment (which is a lot more useful than the gushing, just-got-a-new-pen-and-it-is-wonderful-in-every-respect reviews that sometimes appear).  And, even a bit of explanation as to the special qualities of the pen that might make it an excellent choice for some and disappointing for others.  Thank you for investing the care and time to provide it.

I'm glad you found it helpful.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: desiderata, mercury, flex, flex pen, wood, purple heart, cherry, zebra g

Sponsored Content

|