Kwzi Group Buy 3 - Here We Go Again... (North America And Uk) !

Cyber6

I'll have to try that. Thanks Amber!

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cyber6

• inkstainedruth

• amberleadavis

• TheRealScubaSteve

My inks arrived :D

But one leaked turning the label all green. Odd as the cap seems to be tight.

San Francisco Pen Show - August 28-30, 2020 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com

Azure Sky hates Pelikan M20xs. It's very sad. In fact, all the regular KWZIs I tried in my M200s had a bad attitude (one stained), but the IGs were amazing. Since I've decided (without any empirical evidence), that it must be the pen. So, try it in a TWSBI.

Violet #9 (aka Super Raspberry) was very dry in the Masuyama-tuned nib Visconti Voyager I tried it in. Love the color but must find a friendlier nib/feed combination. Possibly an Estie...

My three IG KWZIs that have found their way into pens were all very nice and well-behaved.

Dave Campbell
Retired Science Teacher and Active Pen Addict
Every day is a chance to reduce my level of ignorance.

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

When all else fails, try and Estie.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Initially tried in a P45 Flighter with 14k medium. Ok, not great. Figure I will go to a pen that is wetter.....

Pen #2: Pelikan M205 medium - actually got worse... weird.

Pen #3 as of a few minutes ago: Esterbrook LJ with 2464 ( B) I got from Cardboard Tube. So far so good. Seems much better so far. But I haven't used it a lot yet as I just filled it. (after a very solid flush of both pens)

Edited by Runnin_Ute

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

My normal turquoise wrote great in my Pelikan M205 with italic nib. It was very wet with lots of shading. The ink seems a bit slow to dry, so I used some blotting paper on it.

"I need solitary hours at a desk with good paper and a fountain pen like some people need a pill for their health." ~ Orhan Pamuk

My normal turquoise wrote great in my Pelikan M205 with italic nib. It was very wet with lots of shading. The ink seems a bit slow to dry, so I used some blotting paper on it.

Oh no, there you go adding real evidence.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I'm happy to report that I also received my order consisting of GummiBerry and IG Violet #3! I did a few quick tests and snapped a few pictures shown below. All I can say so far is

1) GummiBerry is so completely exactly the kind of purple I love!

2) IG Violet #3 is very nice too, with that ridiculously cool color changing and that reddish, dusty, dark, complex shade that gives it the same mystique I see in BSiAR or Diamine Damson; and

3) the packaging was completely ridiculous! Five layers of protection, count'em: tape around the cap, cling wrap around the bottle, taped foam padding, taped bubble wrap and taped black cling wrap. I'm not sure I would've thought of as many measures if I shipped a precious family heirloom made of crystal!

http://i.imgur.com/hpK8Lzfm.jpg

It seems almost exactly the color of your avatar's hair.

Here's an idea you might get some fun out of: mix the two together. I did a pretty random mix, more gummiberry than ig violet, and the result is similar to what I've seen IG gummiberry do...

I got these same colors straight from Konrad, although I was part of the group buy, too - my stuff has finally arrived, it's at the remailer's local office right now, and of course tomorrow is a holiday... so I can go and pick it up next saturday. Not that there's no ink in the house...

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

So, I didn't get around to posting, yesterday. Nobody has claimed the Old Gold who was not on a group buy already, so, it is now wide open. Anybody who wants the Old Gold I have still sitting boxed up, please let me know by week's end. First request gets the ink.

Be forewarned... I will eye-bang the bejeezus out of your pens...
Never play leapfrog with a unicorn...

So, I didn't get around to posting, yesterday. Nobody has claimed the Old Gold who was not on a group buy already, so, it is now wide open. Anybody who wants the Old Gold I have still sitting boxed up, please let me know by week's end. First request gets the ink.

WOOHOO... OLD GOLD !!!!!!!!!!!!!! ONLY ONE BOTTLE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

fpn_1412478154__kwzi_57.jpg

My favorite review here.... :wub: :wub: https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/272966-old-gold-kwzi/

Screenshot from review..... :puddle: :puddle:

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img909/8701/GGvm33.jpg

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Gone. Gone. Gone.

I am having a little problem with one of the inks I got in this latest buy, and am wondering if anyone else has had anything similar happen, and what to do about it? Don't get me wrong, so far, I love the ones I've tried, and I expect it will be the same with the as yet untried ones. But. IG Blue #4 is so light coming out of the pen, it's almost invisible. I am having trouble seeing what I write as the ink goes down. I did not notice this when I diptested earlier, but now that I've filled a pen, when I write the ink coming out of the pen is too light to see what I'm doing. It then darkens very quickly, to almost completely black.

I tried shaking the bottle, but this did not make any difference.

Is there anything I can do to improve the ink's visibility coming out of the pen? Has anybody seen this, either with this one or one of the other IG offerings? Hoping for your suggestions and ideas...

Is there anything I can do to improve the ink's visibility coming out of the pen? Has anybody seen this, either with this one or one of the other IG offerings? Hoping for your suggestions and ideas...

Nope, I have never seen anything like that with any of the KWZ Inks. My suggestions:

• maybe there was some water inside the feed, and what you see is a diluted ink. Try cleaning the pen one more time and filling it again
  • please try a different pen

The fact that you did not notice it when dip testing makes me think that some water got into the feed of that pen.

C.

**** BauerInks.ca ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

I filled through the nib - using the converter. So it was primed. But anyway, I've just confirmed it with a second pen, that I did not flush beforehand - it was clean and completely dry. Dipped it first - the ink is a little light but not too crazy. Filled through the nib and feed - this one's a piston filler - same very light, almost invisible. Once it's on the paper, it darkens very quickly.

Forgot to mention I also vigorously shook the bottle. Makes no difference.

I tried an experiment with a little bit of the ink: mixed in some other, non-IG blue. That works beautifully: I can see the ink as it goes down, and it darkens to almost the original hue. So probably only a little is necessary.

Further experiments to follow.

can we get the same in India

I don't see why not. You will have to calculate shipping/bottle to find the "sweet" spot where you get the best ROI.

Drop a line to the KWZI.Inks (at) gmail (dot) com.

**** BauerInks.ca ****

I find an addition of blue ink in the amount of between 1:4 to 1:3 gives me what I'm looking for: a blue ink that's clearly visible on the page as I write, and darkens to the beautiful dark hue of KWZI IG Blue #4. I don't see a difference with the end color - that may be because my color vision is not too sharp... but anyway I'm happy with the ink as it now is.

I don't see why not. You will have to calculate shipping/bottle to find the "sweet" spot where you get the best ROI.

Drop a line to the KWZI.Inks (at) gmail (dot) com.

Mail sent...

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter