The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Alternatives To Hp 24Oz?

hp laser paper printer alternative europe white printable fp friendly

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Plume145

Plume145

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 02:44

Hi guys, I'm in the market for paper of consistent stock that is suitable for both printing AND writing with a fountain pen (think marginalia, forms, and ink reviews). Since joining the forum I've heard lots of rave reviews for that HP laser paper, but unfortunately, that won't work because I can't get it: it's not available in local shops, and I can't seem to find it online unless maybe it's from the US, and that won't do because it's bound to cost a ton to ship (paper is heavy, maaan). 

So: what other papers with similar traits can you think of? (Double the points if you know for a fact they're available to the european market!)

Here's what I need:

- A4/letter

- printable (inkjet - doesn't have to be fantastic, printing quality's where I can compromise)

- FP frisky (there's FP friendly, and then there's FP frisky...geddit?) I like mine smooooth (don't care about drying...love Clairefontaine & Rhodia) and heavy (at least 80gsm)

- white (for the odd ink review). No need to go OTT and make it blinding white, but still, white, not cream/ivory.

Usual bribes refreshments and/or rewards available - cookies/bacon/booze, kittens/puppies/wabbits etc ;)

I'm not affiliated with ANY of the brands/retailers/shops/ebay sellers/whatever I mention or recommend. If that ever changes, I will let you know :)

Looking for a cheap Pilot VP/Capless - willing to put up with lots of cosmetic damage. 

Sponsored Content

#2 Parse Error

Parse Error

Not broken... yet

• Member - Gold

• 889 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 February 2015 - 03:45

Most 90 gsm papers multipurpose/laser papers behave well enough. I use Xerox premium multipurpose myself, and although it feathers for Noodler's Navajo Turquoise, it doesn't go out of the original lines. Dry time is also good. As always, buy a ream before committing yourself to a case.

Ink review papers -- get a pad of Rhodia for that.

Visconti Homo Sapiens; Lamy 2000; Unicomp Endurapro keyboard.

Free your mind -- go write

#3 jasonchickerson

jasonchickerson

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 February 2015 - 08:35

Hi guys, I'm in the market for paper of consistent stock that is suitable for both printing AND writing with a fountain pen (think marginalia, forms, and ink reviews). Since joining the forum I've heard lots of rave reviews for that HP laser paper, but unfortunately, that won't work because I can't get it: it's not available in local shops, and I can't seem to find it online unless maybe it's from the US, and that won't do because it's bound to cost a ton to ship (paper is heavy, maaan). 

So: what other papers with similar traits can you think of? (Double the points if you know for a fact they're available to the european market!)

Here's what I need:

- A4/letter

- printable (inkjet - doesn't have to be fantastic, printing quality's where I can compromise)

- FP frisky (there's FP friendly, and then there's FP frisky...geddit?) I like mine smooooth (don't care about drying...love Clairefontaine & Rhodia) and heavy (at least 80gsm)

- white (for the odd ink review). No need to go OTT and make it blinding white, but still, white, not cream/ivory.

Usual bribes refreshments and/or rewards available - cookies/bacon/booze, kittens/puppies/wabbits etc ;)

Where are you located?

#4 Plume145

Plume145

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 820 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 22:06

Most 90 gsm papers multipurpose/laser papers behave well enough. I use Xerox premium multipurpose myself, and although it feathers for Noodler's Navajo Turquoise, it doesn't go out of the original lines. Dry time is also good. As always, buy a ream before committing yourself to a case.

Ink review papers -- get a pad of Rhodia for that.

Hey, sorry I kept your waiting, wanted to follow up on your suggestions before replying. 

Right, so it sounds like laser/copier paper can be used for inkjets, it's the other way 'round that won't work. I kind of ran with that and found Clairefontaine Digital Color Paper, and it seems like just the ticket! There's also a Clairalfa paper that seems suitable, I like what it says about having a satin finish. I haven't sourced either yet, but all CF papers are produced in the EU, so I'm sure it won't be long. 

Your other suggestion was Rhodia for reviews. That surprised me because I didn't think Rhodia made blank paper, at least not in pads, and lines would interfere with printed review forms. But it gave me the idea to look for pads from other Clairefontaine group brands, and sure enough - there's a white Triomphe pad and it's even available from one of my go-to stationery shops! Yay :-)

Now I figure I'll go on looking for the DCP/Clairalfa, but no pressure because in the meantime I can try the Triomphe or some other CF group pad.

All in all, you did help me figure it out even though I'm not using your suggestions to the letter, so: time to pick your reward! Puppy, kitten, or rabbit? (other animals are okay, except snakes. If you want cute pics of snakes, you're on your own. Weirdo ;)).

Where are you located?

Any online store in the EU works. 

I'm not affiliated with ANY of the brands/retailers/shops/ebay sellers/whatever I mention or recommend. If that ever changes, I will let you know :)

Looking for a cheap Pilot VP/Capless - willing to put up with lots of cosmetic damage. 

#5 BetwixtTheLines

BetwixtTheLines

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 February 2015 - 22:15

I recommend Double A copy paper.  I love it and use it daily. :)

letterji9.png

I want all the things x_x

#6 Plume145

Plume145

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 820 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 23:26

thanks, will keep that under considerations although so far CF papers are still in the lead :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hp, laser, paper, printer, alternative, europe, white, printable, fp friendly

Sponsored Content

|