I'm currently reviewing some of my favourite Diamine inks. This is Diamine Salamander.
I decided to review this particular shade because I know there are people who want an alternative to Montblanc Racing Green, and Salamander is a good contender. It's very slightly less saturated than MbRG.
However, it looks very slightly greyer on the scan than it does on the original review form. The comparison inks look the same on the scan as they do on the review form.
- Water test on the review form shows this isn't a waterproof ink.
- Bearing in mind the paper I use is very smooth, and I write with a stub nib, this ink took 15-17 secs to dry.
- It flows very well and lubricates the nib quite well. No start-up problems noticed. *Edited*
- It is currently available in 30ml plastic bottles and 80ml glass bottles.
- Diamine sell it directly to end-users on their web-site.
- It's reasonably priced.