The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Bock 250 Titanium Nibs.

11 replies to this topic

#1 kataro.miamoto

kataro.miamoto

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 February 2015 - 17:09

I fount Bock 250 titanium nibs  in Namisu site for  £30.00

DSC03601.jpg

I buy one fine nib and will put on a Ranga 4C... wating

Sponsored Content

#2 pepsiplease69

pepsiplease69

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 992 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 February 2015 - 17:16

Where can I find bock italic nibs. Can someone tell me.

I've been looking everywhere

#3 Randal6393

Randal6393

Love italic handwriting.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,518 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 February 2015 - 21:32

Best of luck to you, hope the titanium nibs do well for you.

Enjoy, and Welcome to FPN! :W2FPN:

Yours,
Randal

From a person's actions, we may infer attitudes, beliefs, --- and values. We do not know these characteristics outright. The human dichotomies of trust and distrust, honor and duplicity, love and hate --- all depend on internal states we cannot directly experience. Isn't this what adds zest to our life?

#4 Russ

Russ

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 01:59

I love titanium nibs . . . if I could fine one in stub or bold I would be very pleased.

#5 kbrede

kbrede

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 02:25

I love titanium nibs . . . if I could fine one in stub or bold I would be very pleased.

What do you love about a titanium nib?
Kent

#6 terim

terim

Antique

• Premium - Ruby

• 1,890 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 February 2015 - 14:11

I fount Bock 250 titanium nibs  in Namisu site for  £30.00
DSC03601.jpg

Are you having the Ranga 4c made to accept Bock threaded units, or are you just installing the nib in an eyedropper model w original feed? We've swapped the nib out of JoWo assemblies and installed Sheaffer Balance 2 nibs, but we've found that only certain nibs are the right thickness for the threaded units.

Teri
Teri Morris, PEYTON STREET PENS

Visit the Peyton Street Pens web site.

Instagram for Peyton Street Pens
We list new pens on the web site daily ....here's a link to the very latest additions.

#7 kataro.miamoto

kataro.miamoto

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 February 2015 - 19:26

I will use a ranga 4c eyedropper, I has one Gama supreme with bock 250 steel nib  and works fine, all you need is a little of boiled water...  

https://www.youtube....h?v=9rhfXcBoM_Q

#8 Russ

Russ

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,974 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 00:20

What do you love about a titanium nib?
Kent

They are softish with a feeling like softer 14k and 18k nibs yet in a way many on FPN have had difficulty describing.  The feel IS different than gold yet quite pleasing.  I have one from Stipula and one from Delta, and I enjoy them both very much even though I have more than enough gold nibs to satisfy me. 

#9 Tweel

Tweel

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• 2,291 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 11:16

I fount Bock 250 titanium nibs  in Namisu site for  £30.00...

I hope you'll like the nib when it arrives.  I bought the same one and installed it a few days ago in a Gama Hawk.  The matte grey metal looks much better with the brushed ebonite pen than did the gold-washed steel of the nib that came in the pen.  As you can see in a clip of the photo that you posted, it doesn't have a big ball of tipping like most modern nibs:

fpn_1424774765__titan_clip.gif

In that respect, it's more like a vintage nib.  It also seems to have been finished with a great deal of care -- the tipping is clean, symmetrical and very smooth, both in the normal orientation and inverted.  No baby's bottom, sharp spots or other problems.

The nib proper has good, even ink flow after opening the tines slightly -- they were pinched a little too tightly as delivered.  And it is moderately flexible, although I haven't used it long enough to try to qualify how the flex might be different from that of a gold nib.

Incidentally, I didn't use the whole 250 point unit, I just pulled the nib and put it into the pen's section.  The Bock feed was too small in diameter; I used a Sheaffer NoNonsense feed, which works very well after heat-setting it to the nib.

fpn_1375035941__postcard_swap.png * * * "Don't neglect to write me several times from different places when you may."
-- John Purdue (1863)

#10 Tweel

Tweel

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• 2,291 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 02:34

And it is moderately flexible...

After some use, I'll amend that to "springy".  It goes from fine to perhaps medium without undue pressure.

fpn_1375035941__postcard_swap.png * * * "Don't neglect to write me several times from different places when you may."
-- John Purdue (1863)

#11 kataro.miamoto

kataro.miamoto

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 April 2015 - 20:38

Finished :lol:   with some adjusts   :lol:

ran4cbock-1_zpslesnhzw5.png

My next project will be a gama supreme with integral bock tripe system.

#12 PingleiHe

PingleiHe

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 April 2015 - 17:45

very helpful,thanks.

Reply to this topic

Sponsored Content

|