The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Fair Price For Anniversary 75Th Pelikan

pelikan price anniversary

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 4pm

4pm

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 February 2015 - 13:52

Hi!

I'm about to put on sale Pelikan's 75th Anniversary LE in a mint condition (never used, all boxes etc) with a good discount and kind of can't decide on price.

It was sold at Bonham's for $6875 (http://www.bonhams.c...21816/lot/1304/) in December'14, whereas at Penporium it is listed for $18500 (http://www.penporium.com/product-p/574.htm). So, in my opinion $7K is pretty low, but at the same time $18,5K is quite a number. If I am not mistaken, the MSRP was around 7500 Euro initially, but after submitting the pen to the market, Pelikan managers stated that the initial MSRP suggestion was wrong (too low).

I guess that a fair market price would be somewhere between $12k–$17 (without discount). What do you think is the most appropriate figure?

Thanks!

Attached Images

• 2004AnniversaryPen.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 Arcadian

Arcadian

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 February 2015 - 14:15

Well, I don't know, but if I win the Eurojackpot this week, I will buy it off of you for sure :) :)

#3 sargetalon

sargetalon

The answer to life, the universe, and everything

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,045 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 February 2015 - 14:58

That's a pretty pen.  I've only seen pictures of course but what a treat.  I think it is tough to price something like this when it is not seen regularly offered for sale.  Your probably best off to pick a price and entertain reasonable offers.  That Bonhams auction was recent so might be a good benchmark of what the market will bare but I'm not sure what audience that auction targeted.  You can always accept less.  If you price it $12-15K, you'd probably be doing well.  Again, such a hard thing to judge when there is such a limited audience.  Good luck with it.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count.  My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

#4 4pm

4pm

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 February 2015 - 17:21

That's a pretty pen.  I've only seen pictures of course but what a treat.  I think it is tough to price something like this when it is not seen regularly offered for sale.  Your probably best off to pick a price and entertain reasonable offers.  That Bonhams auction was recent so might be a good benchmark of what the market will bare but I'm not sure what audience that auction targeted.  You can always accept less.  If you price it $12-15K, you'd probably be doing well.  Again, such a hard thing to judge when there is such a limited audience.  Good luck with it.

Thanks!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pelikan, price, anniversary

Sponsored Content

|