Midori Traveler's Notebook Blue Edition

migo984

Pre-ordered today. Not been attracted by the previous options of black, brown or tan, but love this shade of blue.

Verba volant, scripta manent

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jimhughes

• Cryptos

• pavoni

• Zdenek

Of course! Blue is my favorite color. Naturally, they release a blue edition a few months after I buy a brown one. Grrrrrrr!

Chris

Carpe Stylum!

I've had a brown one for a little over a year and really like how it wears. I cannot imagine what the blue one will look like after it's been scuffed around a bit. Like the colour though, very much.

I, too, Preordered today from The Journal Shop in the UK. Wonder if it'll have a Passport version, like the Star Ferry and the 5th Anniversary edition. Does anyone know?

Wow, that is a gorgeous colour. Do you know if it comes in the passport size too?

"Life would split asunder without letters." Virginia Woolf

You could have gone all day, all month without mentioning this new Midori. sigh

Pan-Am an interesting airline of the time when air travel was a glamorous adventure. Sad to see it go out of business late '80s.

I saw this in Patrick Ng's flickr feed when it went public. I've resisted the siren call of them until this pretty blue one was announced.

I am justifying the purchase because I am retired AF and I am pretending that Pan Am blue is the same as AF blue. :D

eta words

Edited by fireant

• 4 weeks later...

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword, obviously never encountered automatic weapons." – General D. MacArthur

“Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.” – W. Churchill

Great Video review thanks for linking this. I like the actual darker color. The photos I have seen make it look lighter than it really is. Wish Midori would come out with the passport size or maybe a whole new line that is in-between in size, for travelers wanting more portability like the passport but with a bit more room to write.

"Things men have made with wakened hands, and put soft life into are awake through the years with transferred touch and go on glowing for long years. And for this reason, some old things are lovely warm still with the life of forgotten men who made them." - D.H. Lawrence

I have had my blue for a week or so now and bought it from the excellent Journal Shop. I believe the blue only comes in the standard size.

I have three of the beautiful brown passport versions of the Midori, which I absolutely LOVE, so it took me a while to commit to buying this full-sized blue version. For me the passport version is a perfect size. I did want a full sized version even though I wasn't sure how I would use it. I just knew that I didn't want it in black.

If the truth be known, I went for this blue after being seduced by a single photo on the Net, which depicted the blue as an interesting deep turquoise colour. In truth, the colour isn't exactly as I had probably hoped. As stated in the video, it is a deep shade of blue, which I think will grow on me. Not a match for the brown however. Somehow the brown and the way the leather is turned make for a fabulous package. I do believe the blue will age well though.

I have yet to start using mine and in truth, whilst I have allocated dedicated themes to my three brown passports (and I will probably by more), I have yet to decide what I will use this blue for - probably for holidays! Not sure. Maybe this is because of the colour! I was very keen to get my brown passports marked up and showing their age. With the blue, I'm not sure I am so keen. I just don't have the same instant attraction to it as I did the moment I saw and touched the brown. Pretty but not attractive. Not must have but nice to have.

Thanks for providing the video Zdenek. Have to agree with all of the conclusions reached on this video about the blue. I look forward to catching the 'setup' video when posted. Perhaps that will encourage me to start using my blue!

Pavoni.

Edited by pavoni

Thanks for providing the video Zdenek. Have to agree with all of the conclusions reached on this video about the blue. I look forward to catching the 'setup' video when posted. Perhaps that will encourage me to start using my blue!

Pavoni.

I stumbled across the video by chance. ...

I understand your love for brown notebooks. Brown color looks more natural for leather than black and blue. I have been using my black Traveler's for 2 years and it has almost the same appearance as the new one. But the brown leather gets a nice patina by using during time.

Nice time with your new notebooks. :)

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword, obviously never encountered automatic weapons." – General D. MacArthur

“Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.” – W. Churchill

Hope it is with you in the next few days jimhughes. Once you are acquainted, it would be great to get your view and if you could share how you have it set up :thumbup:

At the moment mine contains just two unlined notebook refills. Considering the zipper pocket, and or the kraft file and probably some of the pocket stickers.

Pavoni.

Pre-ordered today. Not been attracted by the previous options of black, brown or tan, but love this shade of blue.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Me too!

Thanks so much for the informative video!

I actually tried to order from the Journal Shop but for some reason the web page would not load, but I was able to purchase one through www.mymaido.com

Best regards,
Steve Surfaro
Fountain Pen Fun
Cities of the world (please visit my Facebook page for more albums)
Paris | Venezia

Pan Am must have hit turbulence or had to close the airport. Tracking says it left USPS facility in Chicago, on 26 March. the trail then goes cold, no further updates. I've had that happen before on o/s items coming into La Guardia. They drop off the radar and then 5-6 days later they show up in the mail, at my door. I'm guessing it's backed up in Customs clearance. Just waiting, for the presence. Jim

I got my midori TN blue edition from Maido earlier this week - I am lucky enough to live down the street from one of their stores. I really like mine.

Don't forget or neglect your favorite pen and ink supplier and FPN supporter: Goulet.The blue Midori should be in their hands in May, 2015, and on its way to you shortly after. Price seems to be competitive.

http://www.gouletpens.com/midori-travelers-notebook-regular-blue-special-edition/p/TN1517006

I ride a recumbent, I play go, I use Macintosh so of course I use a fountain pen.