The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Unknown Laban Fountain Pen

laban unknown unidentified fountain pen help

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jacobratliff

jacobratliff

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 February 2015 - 22:13

Hi! 

I was in a local stationery shop today and picked up a Laban fountain pen at 50% the $82 price tag. The lady in the shop told me that she has had that pen forever and would give it away at that price since she has had it so long. 

My first reaction was that this must be a Laban Maya (http://www.penheaven...k-fountain-pen#), but if you look at the clip on the pen at the link and at the one I got, they are very different. 

I'm confused, as this is my first Laban and I don't even know what it is!! Any help would be GREATLY appreciated :)

Attached Images

• IMG_0911.jpg
  • IMG_0912.jpg
  • IMG_0913.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 MrThoth

MrThoth

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 February 2015 - 14:05

I have that same pen, and like you haven't been able to pin down a proper name for it. Hopefully a knowledgeable someone will come along with helpful info. ;)

MrThoth

Scribe, Master of Mystic Lore, Young Curmudgeon

#3 jacobratliff

jacobratliff

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 February 2015 - 15:38

I have that same pen, and like you haven't been able to pin down a proper name for it. Hopefully a knowledgeable someone will come along with helpful info. ;)

I hope! The shop had it for $82 and since the woman had the pen for a while, she told me she'd let it go for $41. I didn't know enough about the pen but I did know I'd have to be crazy to pass that up.

ALSO, there's a spring in the back of the barrel that prevents use with a standard converter. I emailed Laban and they told me that's for in case I wanted to use it with a rollerball front section. They said to just take the spring out with tweezers but I have definitely never seen a set of tweezers that skinny and long. Any suggestions for this if you have that pen as well?

#4 WateryFlow

WateryFlow

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 February 2015 - 18:53

Looks like a Laban Malla

#5 jacobratliff

jacobratliff

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 February 2015 - 01:27

Looks like a Laban Malla

THAT'S IT!! Thank you SO much!
Now to get that pesky spring out.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: laban, unknown, unidentified, fountain pen, help

Sponsored Content

|