Ink Review: Noodlers Park Red

white_lotus

This is a mostly hand-written review of the new Noodlers Park Red.

The images are iPhone photos. My scans came out "too electric" where the red simply appeared much brighter than it was in reality. So I did not include them.

post-111275-0-03385300-1423771203_thumb.jpg

"Perhaps this will become the infamous Park Red with the drawing of North Korea's leader Kim Jong-un firing fountain pens at the balloons of Park Sang Hak. While the supreme leader may not be very well behaved, the ink certainly is. It is not like Diamine's Oxblood, it is a cleaner red, but not a bright red. It sits well on the page. For me this is a good quality. Being able to read a full page of written text without burning out your eyeballs is important. Dries well on the inkjet paper. This is a red that I like. My usual colors are blues and blacks and purples. I don't know if it would meet the needs of those making corrections. My guess is it would show up well enough esp. with a medium or broad nib. If you like your reds searingly hot, this ink isn't it. But if you prefer them to be more subdued yet strongly red, you will probably like this ink.

I don't know how much of this ink was produced or how long it will be available.

post-111275-0-43319800-1423771221_thumb.jpg

post-111275-0-30598600-1423771238_thumb.jpg

post-111275-0-36945500-1423771251_thumb.jpg

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• white_lotus

• inkstainedruth

• TheRealScubaSteve

• Randal6393

Here is the page from the inkjet paper. Unfortunately a scan and the color comes out too hot. It's much more like what you see above.

post-111275-0-24853200-1423771837_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the review, white_lotus, been wanting to hear about Park Red. I am looking for a stable red to add to my stable of colors. Seems as if the old standby, Ottoman Rose, may be what I am looking for. Have you used Ottoman Rose? How does it compare to Park Red?

Thanks,

Yours,
Randal

From a person's actions, we may infer attitudes, beliefs, --- and values. We do not know these characteristics outright. The human dichotomies of trust and distrust, honor and duplicity, love and hate --- all depend on internal states we cannot directly experience. Isn't this what adds zest to our life?

I've never used Ottoman Rose Randall as reds are not typically in my lineup. I think Diamine Crimson and Susemai Red Cashmere may be the only other actual red inks I own.

Thanks for the review. I had been wondering what this was like. I haven't found a lot of reds I like, because I don't want the blood red ones, and I don't want the ones that lean orange. At the moment my favorite red is probably Ackerman #19 (but that's not all that easy to get) for a "true" red; the other red I like is De Atramentis Dante Alighieri/Ruby Red, but that leans a bit towards the pink side of the spectrum.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Thanks for reviewing this White_Lotus. The color reminds me of Susemai/Blackstone Red Cashmere diluted to 4-6%. Would you agree?

Life's too short to use crappy pens.  -carlos.q

I'll have to check ScienceChick, but it definitely seems in that direction color-wise. I don't think I ever diluted Red Cashmere that far, so can't be sure. And if I remember correctly Red Cashmere tended to be shady, and Park Red in my pens on these papers was not shady (extremely minimal). Not that kind of ink perhaps.

It's about time that Noodler's inks become available in Germany/Europe again :mellow:

I Hate all the shipping and custom fees and having to pick my orders up from the custom office but I'm afraid I have to order this one day :wacko:

Cheers

Michael

Thanks for the review. I had been wondering what this was like. I haven't found a lot of reds I like, because I don't want the blood red ones, and I don't want the ones that lean orange. At the moment my favorite red is probably Ackerman #19 (but that's not all that easy to get) for a "true" red; the other red I like is De Atramentis Dante Alighieri/Ruby Red, but that leans a bit towards the pink side of the spectrum.

This review comes perfectly timed.

You read like another red ink aficionado. To say I love red ink is an understatement. :wub:

One of my quest is to find the perfect shade of red ink according to my taste. Corn Poppy by MontBlanc is very nice, so far lately my favorite. A generous fellow Network Angel is sending some Park Red to me right now for me to enjoy. Think after this splendid review, it might be quite a nice shade. Also, noting one of the ones you mentioned and another red ink lover here. For now, trying not to become overwhelmed by so many choices in brands and shades. Although, one can never try enough red ink!

Aissatou Sunjata aka fountainpenlady

Edited by fountainpenlady

Ea Alis Volat Propiis, per/Repletus Fontis Calamus!
She Flies by Her Own Wings, with filled Fountain Pen

Delta DolceVita, F-C Intrinsic 02, Pelikan M800 red/black striation, Bexley ATB Strawberry Swirl, Red Jinhao 159, Platinum 3776 Bourgogne. :wub:

How does Park Red compare to Noodler's Empire Red? In Nathan's introductory video, it appears to be a similarly chalky, lighter red. The images here make it look darker than that, but I can't tell whether Park Red has any of the milky or chalky character of Empire Red.

Sorry arrScott but I've never tried Noodlers' Empire Red, so I can't compare them. I don't know what people mean when they say "chalky red". It's not a searingly bright red, but it has decent color I think. In looking online at examples of the English Red this seems more red than that. But it's always hard to tell as one never knows the lighting etc and how it compares with one's own situation.

Noodler's Empire Red is the "chalkiest" red ever.... Is red, but it looks like a heavily diluted red.

Park Red looks more saturated. If it is comparable to Red Cashmere, I might order a bottle. ;)

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

OK, so Park Red then isn't like Empire Red.

Ah, cyber6, the Park Red is not imitation Red Cashmere. They are fairly similar, but it's easy I think to tell them apart. I'm glad I have a little stash of Red Cashmere to hold me over until it becomes generally available. Assuming I don't have to wait until Hell freezes over. ;)

This review comes perfectly timed.

You read like another red ink aficionado. To say I love red ink is an understatement. :wub:

One of my quest is to find the perfect shade of red ink according to my taste. Corn Poppy by MontBlanc is very nice, so far lately my favorite. A generous fellow Network Angel is sending some Park Red to me right now for me to enjoy. Think after this splendid review, it might be quite a nice shade. Also, noting one of the ones you mentioned and another red ink lover here. For now, trying not to become overwhelmed by so many choices in brands and shades. Although, one can never try enough red ink!

Aissatou Sunjata aka fountainpenlady

Ironically, I'm not -- not really. I have very few red inks in the stash, compared to say, blue and blue-black inks, and the only ink bottle I flat out gave away was a "red": Platinum Mix-Free Flame Red (which to my eye looked more like freshly applied Mercurochrome :sick: -- and yes, I'm old enough to remember having it applied to skinned knees and such by my mom).

I'm more likely to gravitate towards pink. But I wanted at least one bottle of what I consider to be a "true" red -- not leaning pink or orange, not burgundy, and DEFINITELY no blood-red (fresh OR dried).

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."