rockydoggy

I’ve just received my first shipment from j-subculture.com and I wouldn’t hesitate to buy from them again. I found out about the site via this thread over in the “Japan” region focus:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/282480-great-prices-on-some-sailors-pilots-and-iroshizuku-at-j-subculture/

Here’s what I ordered:

*Pilot Iroshizuku Shin-kai Deep Sea

*Pilot Iroshizuku Tsukushi Horsetail Plant

*Pilot Iroshizuku Yama-guri Wild Chestnut

*3 packs of Platinum b/b ink cartridges (10 per pack)

*Platinum Plaisir

*Tombow Airpress ballpoint pen

The total cost (including shipping) came to $82.21 (9446 JPY).

I placed my order on January 23 and immediately received acknowledgement of the purchase. (I wasn't in a rush and thus opted not to go for the faster, most expensive delivery option.) On February 2 I was informed that the items had been shipped and I was provided with a tracking number. The box arrived on February 10. The packing was excellent, bubble-wrap around everything. Also enclosed was a nice, hand-written thank-you note and a small origami bird. Overall, a smooth, trouble-free transaction.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OakIris

• parnesh

• bbycrts

• Aetheric Continua

TIL:) Thanks! I'll probably get some Iroshizuku inks from here.

If only they had Pilot Custom 823s... And a more functional search feature.

"I have nixed all Noodler's inks in large part because of their feel, but also their behavior, etc. When I put Iroshizuku or Sailor ink into my pens, it's like the ink, pen, and paper are having a 3-some with smooth 'n sultry 70's jazz playing in the background." ~ Betweenthelines

It says that pen weighs 821 grams, almost a kilo.... Meant for weightlifters? :D

D.ick

I think that includes the package. Mine ( from elsewhere ) came with a bottle of 90ml Pilot ink as well.

I got a Pilot Custom 92 and a bottle of Kon-Peki for ~$120 shipped. Wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again.

I think THIS site utilizes a search factor for "impulse controlled" shopping. If more sites were this hard to use with I wouldn't have as many pens & inks as I do. I hope to attack it someday when I am "fresh & have my game on!" (And to think people seemed disturbed with the Goulet's new site design.)

I think THIS site utilizes a search factor for "impulse controlled" shopping. If more sites were this hard to use with I wouldn't have as many pens & inks as I do. I hope to attack it someday when I am "fresh & have my game on!" (And to think people seemed disturbed with the Goulet's new site design.)

What is the problem?

Can"t find the pens?

They are under computers..... logic, ain't it

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Ha--you're right:

"Computers" -> "Stationary & office supples" -> "Pens"

Maybe it's just as well. I'd not noticed that they have Lamy Safaris at good prices and Pilot Preras at great prices.

What is the problem?

Can"t find the pens?

They are under computers..... logic, ain't it

D.ick

Found the same issue to be the case. One would think that the search function might be of value when looking for a particular item.

Personally, I think every site posted that has multiple items for sale should be tested by the Webmaster AND the person/organization owning the site.

Don't these people - designers and owners - understand that the more difficult the navigation is the shorter the stay/visit, the less "stuff" is purchased and the fewer times the site will be revisited?

Commonsense is becoming LESS and Less common!

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

Trying to find what you're looking for on this site is kind of terrible. They have the Pilot Elabo listed as Elaborating, Eraborredo, Erabo, and Elabo, and one with just the part number. I found these while sifting through the 1153 results for "Pilot Custom 92" under computers, which changes to 1649 all-categories results when you sort by price. :D

Their prices, though, and especially shipping charges, do seem really good.

Did anyone get emails confirming their orders or shipping?

President, Big Apple Pen Club

Follow us on Instagram @big_apple_pen_club

"Let other pens dwell on guilt and misery."

J.J. Lax Pen Co.

www.jjlaxpenco.comOn Instagram: @jjlaxpenco

Did anyone get emails confirming their orders or shipping?

I got a message from PayPal and then two days later a message from j-subculture that my order had shipped.

Kent

I almost purchased some Iroshizuku inks from them but somehow with shipping my order total somehow doubled. Maybe I did something wrong and need to give it another try...

- The poster formerly known as HollyGolightly

I have found J-Subculture to have excellent prices, reasonable shipping cost, and very good service.

The only negative I found was the search function on their website ...in my experience very very poor...

If you are patient you can work your way thru the search but it may take awhile and lots of scrolling of pages.