The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Montblanc 242 Piston Leaking

montblanc repair 242 piston leak knob vintage

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 FundFacts

FundFacts

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 February 2015 - 18:17

Hello FP Masterminds,

I recently purchased a Montblanc 242 that is in overall good shape.  However a few hours after inking I started to write and noticed my hands were covered in ink.  It appears to be leaking from the piston knob. I got a partial refund and now I'm looking into the best way to have the pen repaired.

It is quite old so I'm not sure if Montblanc will take it for repairs.  I was wondering if there was an easy repair someone inexperienced like me could do or if there was someone in the US who could repair it for a fair price.  The pen only ended up costing $100 so obviously I don't want to spend more than that to repair it.

Thanks

Sponsored Content

#2 Algester

Algester

(´Д⊂ヽ

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,694 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 February 2015 - 15:36

ask Ron Z... normally he's guy to ask for stuff like this but I'm not sure the piston looks similar to the ones found on Noodler's... hmmm I cant say to be sure

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: montblanc, repair, 242, piston, leak, knob, vintage

Sponsored Content

|