First time poster here, hopefully here to be for a long time.
i just purchased this lovely Conway Stewart 759 lever filler from eBay.
Known issues with the pen
1. The tines are slightly misaligned
2. The feed looks quite dirty and solidified from bits of ink towards the bottom of the feed.
3. The pen body (presumably casein) has faded and has given the pen a more of a gray/green color
4. The tip of the cap has lost its black color completely
5. The plastic that holds the feed has faded slightly, going towards a yellow-ish color.
6. Internally, the sac has solidified and requires replacement
7. The nib is missing a tip and has become quite scratchy
Edit: 8. There is a crack at the bottom part of the pen cap,visible in the album
The pen is a bit of a mess in all honesty and I'm a bit unsure as to whether or not to keep it. The images aren't exactly the best quality so I'll try to include as much detail as possible.
I was considering sending this pen for repairs, however I feel it might be too costly and end up spending more restoring it than its value.
What do you guys think?
Edited by Smothier, 12 February 2015 - 13:29.