The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

FPN appearing slow

Dearest Member or Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to a continuing DDoS attack, FPN could be moving only slowly. Hosting Support is dealing with this. The earlier reported hardware issue has been fixed. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Warm regards, the FPN Moderator & Admin Team

Photo

Sacramento Area Pen Posse

sacramento group posse meet california

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Jay Bar

Jay Bar

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Away
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 February 2015 - 21:47

I have been thinking about starting a Sacramento area pen group and now that I skipped this semester of college I have more time to make it happen between now and September when I have to go back. I would like to see who would be interested. You don't have to be a Sacramento resident but I want to have an option for a group for people in and around Sacramento who can't make it to the bay area group get togethers. Who's in?!

Sponsored Content

#2 FarmBoy

FarmBoy

Brain freeze, mmm... got pens?

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,430 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 06:49

RayCornett

I'm in. We have a serious posse happening at Peters Cafe on the 22nd in Millbrae. Even this far in advance I know of cars with empty seats coming from Sacramento, Arbucle, Dixon, and Auburn. AltecGreen (yes he lives) will arrange a ticket for you to come. You might also be able to car pool with Jay Bar from the FPG group who has similar desires.

FarmBoy
San Francisco International Pen Show - They have dates! August 23-24-25, 2019 AND August 28-29-30, 2020. Book your travel and tables now! My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

#3 ac12

ac12

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• 9,449 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 February 2015 - 01:33

Tessy Moon had been trying to start one in the area.

Send her a PM.

San Francisco Pen Show - August 23-25, 2019 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com

#4 JonSzanto

JonSzanto

Looking for the next big thing...

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,069 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 07:10

Have this guy convene the meeting...

"When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick; and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."
~ Benjamin Franklin

#5 twojay

twojay

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Gold

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 February 2015 - 11:19

I'm in.And I had forgotten about Raymond Johnson. That was great.

twojay

#6 Ih8darian

Ih8darian

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 February 2015 - 20:43

Could anyone in the Sacramento area repair my Parker Duovac? More info in this thread http://www.fountainp...s/#entry3279463

#7 Terea

Terea

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 February 2015 - 21:20

I'm in!

#8 RayCornett

RayCornett

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 March 2017 - 21:14

Back to my regular account. I have FINALLY been able to put more thought into this and have started a Facebook group for this group and will soon have a Meet Up group for it which will draw more members since lots of people do not use Facebook but use Meet Up.

If those who expressed interest are still into the idea and have Facebook please join: https://www.facebook...orsAssociation/

#9 travberg

travberg

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 March 2017 - 01:21

Please keep me in the loop, may have vintage 100-200 pens to bring. Live in W. Sac.

#10 travberg

travberg

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 March 2017 - 01:27

If you still need a repair? We can import a repairman from the Bay Area.

He is over due for a visit to Sac.

#11 RayCornett

RayCornett

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 March 2017 - 04:03

I do professional repair and restoration. I work as a partner to Write on Time from the East coast. But I have no problem with others who repair coming to the Meet ups.

#12 RayCornett

RayCornett

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 March 2017 - 04:04

Please keep me in the loop, may have vintage 100-200 pens to bring. Live in W. Sac.

Join the FB group if you are on there. The more local area members we get the sooner we start getting together.

#13 RayCornett

RayCornett

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 March 2017 - 04:04

I'm in!

Woop!

#14 RayCornett

RayCornett

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 March 2017 - 04:05

I'm in.And I had forgotten about Raymond Johnson. That was great.

Yes!

#15 ac12

ac12

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• 9,449 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 March 2017 - 21:31

A Posse only needs one person to call it.

Whoever shows up shows up.

If you WAIT to get a GROUP together, you may never get it going.

Cuz most people want someone else to do the setup work of arranging for the place.

Then you don't get a Posse meet, cuz no one wants to arrange for the place.

San Francisco Pen Show - August 23-25, 2019 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com

#16 RayCornett

RayCornett

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 March 2017 - 22:45

Ive already arranged for at least one place. The only problem is it closes so early . I have a few members on the FB page already. Once I find the right place i'll set it up. I'm not going to leave that up to the members. I want them to just be able to show up and enjoy getting together without having responsibilities. I also don't want the dates I choose to clash with other group event dates.

#17 FarmBoy

FarmBoy

• Member - Gold

• 9,430 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 01:49

How about the Sacramento crowd car pool to the next PPPC meeting and then after that we have a party?

San Francisco International Pen Show - They have dates! August 23-24-25, 2019 AND August 28-29-30, 2020. Book your travel and tables now! My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

#18 ethernautrix

ethernautrix

Be the Pen Posse you want to see in the world.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,571 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 10:16

You don't begin a Pen Posse with the Pen Posse you want to emulate; you begin Pen Posse by calling Pen Posse and showing up, calling Pen Posse and showing up, calling Pen Posse and showing up... until it becomes the Pen Posse with a life of its own.

That's why you pick a place where you'd want to go anyway, in case you're the only one who shows up. Report back on what you did at Pen Posse, even if you were the only one who showed up, and keep calling them.

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

#19 FarmBoy

FarmBoy

• Member - Gold

• 9,430 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 00:48

You don't begin a Pen Posse with the Pen Posse you want to emulate; you begin Pen Posse by calling Pen Posse and showing up, calling Pen Posse and showing up, calling Pen Posse and showing up... until it becomes the Pen Posse with a life of its own.
That's why you pick a place where you'd want to go anyway, in case you're the only one who shows up. Report back on what you did at Pen Posse, even if you were the only one who showed up, and keep calling them.

Are you making rules about someone making rules where no rules exist?

#20 Jerome Tarshis

Jerome Tarshis

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 00:59

Are you making rules about someone making rules where no rules exist?

No rules exist? No rules exist? No rules exist? This rather calls up memories of Somerset Maugham's (here I misquote a little, though not meaningfully) epigram that there are three rules for writing a novel, but unfortunately no one knows what they are.

Neither in novel-writing nor in Pen Posse affairs, among other affairs, has that stopped very many people from telling what the rules are. 

Edited by Jerome Tarshis, 13 March 2017 - 01:00.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sacramento, group, posse, meet, california

Sponsored Content

|