Parker Sonnet Firedance- (Indian Members)

vikrmbedi

a good deal from Luxor (the indian distributor of parker)

an old model parker sonnet firdance

(probably new old stock with 18kt gold nib...but please check with them....I have bought NOS sonnet fougere and Chinese lacquer from there okhla headquarters)

for 6500 rs.... on top of it they have a site wide coupon for 20%off valn20 (a valentine's day coupon)

in essence a 18kt gold nib parker sonnet for 5200 rs...

here is the link...

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rohit1974

• mitto

• hari317

• mehandiratta

Link is working, but you come to an empty shopping cart.....

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

I guess I should have checked the link before posting.... :blush:

thank you hari for providing the correct link. :)

Hi,

just purchased the pen

Thanks vikrmbedi and hari ji

Hi, rohit1974:

Be sure to tell us how the pen performs. I look forward to your review.

I just missed picking up a Sonnet Firedance Rollerball today, to which I would have attached a fountain pen section. I DO like my Sonnets! There are sure to be more Firedance FPs up for bids on eBay in the near future. In the meantime, patience is a virtue, I guess. An aunt of mine used to say, "It never gets easier to be patient!" I think I agree with her.

Don

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." (Jim Elliot, Christian martyr)

If I remember correctly the same pen was for 50% sale during stock clearout from luxor (Indian distributor of parker pens) FOR INR 1750 !! about 4 years back. Did not purchase it then as had a sterling ciselle and black laque. However did not leave it this time.

Will be updating as soon as I get it.

Edited by rohit1974

If I remember correctly the same pen was for 50% sale during stock clearout from luxor (Indian distributor of parker pens) FOR INR 1750 !! about 4 years back. Did not purchase it then as had a sterling ciselle and black laque. However did not leave it this time.

waiting for your review.... and close up images....

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

waiting for your review.... and close up images....

No, you are mistaken. The Luxor was selling its' double tone steel nib version that time. The current one is 18K solid gold.

I found the steel nib version much better than the solid gold one. The steel nib has little flex and feels springy while writing. I got my sonnet nib modified by none other than Mr. Nobuyosi Nagahara when he visited India almost three years back. It writes like charm.

Edited by bk123

"It's simple to be happy but difficult to be simple"

dear binod,

afaik the firedance old mrp was 3500 with monotone 18k nib. luxor cleared lot of stock 4 yrs back at 50%. fougere, lacque ambre and firedance. meine khoob kharida tha us samay.

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

dear binod,

afaik the firedance old mrp was 3500 with monotone 18k nib. luxor cleared lot of stock 4 yrs back at 50%. fougere, lacque ambre and firedance. meine khoob kharida tha us samay.

Yes, you are right about the MRP of the pen. I too bought three pens Ambre with dual tone at 50% and had an extra special 10% discount from Mr. Rakesh, Manager of Sales department that time. I still doubt that those were 18K solid gold. Eventually, I gifted these to my school days teachers from hometown.

But I cannot question your acumen on fountain pens. If you are saying that those were solid gold 18K, then I have no doubt over it now. I'm more happy to know that I have passed the 18K version of it to my teachers :) .

Edited by bk123

"It's simple to be happy but difficult to be simple"

Yes, you are right about the MRP of the pen. I too bought three pens Ambre with dual tone at 50% and had an extra special 10% discount from Mr. Rakesh, Manager of Sales department that time. I still doubt that those were 18K solid gold. Eventually, I gifted these to my school days teachers from hometown.

But I cannot question your acumen on fountain pens. If you are saying that those were solid gold 18K, then I have no doubt over it now. I'm more happy to know that I have passed the 18K version of it to my teachers :) .

solid 18k. no doubt about it. best, Hari

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply

I received the pen and well , my happiness was very short lived.

The nib was very scratchy and had to return the pen

Seems that the qc at parker has gone down. My 2 other sonnets have very smooth nibs.

Had to return the pen and with lot of effort had to convince luxor to refund my money.

Another thing about the parker was that it had no marking as to the country of origin ( probably being made in India as stamped in the warranty booklet )

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply

I received the pen and well , my happiness was very short lived.

The nib was very scratchy and had to return the pen

Seems that the qc at parker has gone down. My 2 other sonnets have very smooth nibs.

Had to return the pen and with lot of effort had to convince luxor to refund my money.

Another thing about the parker was that it had no marking as to the country of origin ( probably being made in India as stamped in the warranty booklet )

oh sad to hear that

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter