fountainpenlady

BarkingPig, if you ever make it to Las Vegas, come visit. I think we would get along great!

Miss Amber you would be the ONLY reason that could convince me to visit LV! In spite of the fact that a friend over over 30 years (that I have happily travelled from S. America to Europe with who used to live there & still regularly visits friends there) I have never felt the attraction. I have no interest in gambling & prefer "old" to "new." I stopped drinking many years ago & remember a friend of mine who used to go with a bunch of friends & LOVED the price of meals served BUT bemoaned paying more for her "cokes" than her friends were paying for cocktails. BUT to see your office & meet you would be an inspiration. ( Kinda like visiting Paris & visiting Jim Morrison's "resting spot!" only WAY better as I think you would be a lot more fun than I found him to be when visiting!)

After visiting here a few months before becoming a member (& then being afraid to post anything) it has been a pleasure to enjoy your contributions as a person who "returned to the pen" after almost 50 years! You combine knowledge, interest, encouragement all without pretension. That is one of the most valuable combinations I could imagine. Many persons know a great deal but sharing that knowledge in a manner that is welcoming is an ART. And you have it in SPADES! Besides great taste in ink ( I also like a good retinal SCORCH!) presentation & storage of same. I applaud a lawyer who "successfully SUES banks" AND manages to share her hobby so successfully with strangers.

Thank you for the invitation & I consider it an honor.

Your pen friend,

B. Pig

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountainpenlady

• amberleadavis

• inkstainedruth

• BetwixtTheLines

I've got a few inks on the way... :x and a pen show to attend this weekend. I'm in trouble! :P

You certainly are in trouble! Njoy, you only live once and it should be much fun, when you can make it so. :lol:

Ea Alis Volat Propiis, per/Repletus Fontis Calamus!
She Flies by Her Own Wings, with filled Fountain Pen

Delta DolceVita, F-C Intrinsic 02, Pelikan M800 red/black striation, Bexley ATB Strawberry Swirl, Red Jinhao 159, Platinum 3776 Bourgogne. :wub:

I've got a few inks on the way... :x and a pen show to attend this weekend. I'm in trouble! :P

Just thought of something....weren't you suppose to wait until the pen show to get any more inks? :yikes: You wil see this weekend you perhaps should have waited with the variety and amount of inks you will encounter. Yep! make sure the trunk is clean prior to this weekend and put something in there to eat and drink for the trip home. :lticaptd:

Delta DolceVita, F-C Intrinsic 02, Pelikan M800 red/black striation, Bexley ATB Strawberry Swirl, Red Jinhao 159, Platinum 3776 Bourgogne. :wub:

Just thought of something....weren't you suppose to wait until the pen show to get any more inks? :yikes: You wil see this weekend you perhaps should have waited with the variety and amount of inks you will encounter. Yep! make sure the trunk is clean prior to this weekend and put something in there to eat and drink for the trip home. :lticaptd:

I WAS! But then...I gave in. I only bought 30 mls, if that makes it any better. XD I just had to get some lovely pinks to write to a certain pen pal who is enamored with pink *Helllo, Hollygolightly* :lol:

I'm really excited after hearing about the FPN ink that will be premiered at the pen show. I'm definitely getting one! The red is gorgeous!

>>Trunk is prepped with water bottles and peanuts. The s/o says that anything more is unsuitable for a punishment. :rolleyes:

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

I want all the things x_x

The ink is still snowed in in Massachusetts.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

;_; Ah, well. I'll just have to get it online once it's in the store. :) Thanks for the update, Amberlea!

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

I want all the things x_x

;_; Ah, well. I'll just have to get it online once it's in the store. :) Thanks for the update, Amberlea!

See you tomorrow.

Nothing fancy on a shelf behind a tissue box

attachicon.gif3.png

That's smart, then no one knows about the inking problem.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I have a big, beautiful hexagonal wooden case on my desk that my father made years ago that I use to store my smaller bottles of ink. It sits in one of the large alcoves with my boxes of paper and my cases of other writing supplies. My pretty bottles are displayed on the shelf above my desk, and the bottles that are too big for the wooden case and not pretty enough to display are tucked inside a closed cubby on my desk.

I stash mine in an empty closet in my office...

IMG_7119.jpg

:yikes: :puddle: b/c there are no appropriate words. In their original boxes!

Nothing fancy on a shelf behind a tissue box

attachicon.gif3.png

Front row, second from the left, who makes the one (s) in the rounded tins? Of course I see red.

The ink is still snowed in in Massachusetts.

Must be due to some red ink loving Northerner being kept hostage in the South, who loves red and could not dare get to the West Coast in time to be one to purchase a debute of the new color. I mean I am so disappointed along with many, I am sure :bawl:

Maybe, it will be available the next Pen Show location.

Front row, second from the left, who makes the one (s) in the rounded tins? Of course I see red.

That is J herbin Poussiere De Lune

Here is a better picture of my inks.

My ink, like virtually everything else I own right now, is in a cardboard moving box. =) Unlike many other boxes, I know where this one is!

I have some alcoves in the master bedroom with glass shelves in them and lights over them. I think I'll put the ink on one or more of those shelves, and get it out of the boxes so the lights will light it up all pretty.

Once I get them painted. (The alcoves, not the ink.)

--

Lou Erickson - Handwritten Blog Posts

attachicon.gifInks.png

attachicon.gifInks.png

Nice, I am trying to acquire the rhythm to feed my new passion for inks. I want an Omas Ogiva Alba and fighting to not purchase one. I am nearly content with my present writing instruments in rotation. Yet, now inks, believe I can assuage my passion for the accoutremenets instead of a pen. One day at a time. I am going to look into that brand of ink. I have yet to really try Diamine, or Noodlers.

I used to keep my inks and other items in a medium sized plastic bin from The Container Store. However, I got tired of digging in it and not being able to see everything. I convinced my wife to "consolidate" the Tupperware and odds and ends cabinet, so I now occupy two kitchen cabinet shelves with ink, one with empty pen boxes and the last cabinet holds paper, tablets, etc.

Yes, my wife happily gave me 4 entire shelves of a double wide cabinet. She likes looking at the inks almost as much as I do.

I enjoy MB 146 pens, Sailor, Pilot and Platinum pens as well. I have a strong attraction to dark red and muted green ink, colors I dislike for everything but FP ink. I also enjoy practicing my handwriting and attempting to improve it. I love the feel of quality paper under a gold nib.

I used to keep my inks and other items in a medium sized plastic bin from The Container Store. However, I got tired of digging in it and not being able to see everything. I convinced my wife to "consolidate" the Tupperware and odds and ends cabinet, so I now occupy two kitchen cabinet shelves with ink, one with empty pen boxes and the last cabinet holds paper, tablets, etc.

Yes, my wife happily gave me 4 entire shelves of a double wide cabinet. She likes looking at the inks almost as much as I do.

Why not put her favorite color up front so that when she looks at the inks, she will frst see her favorite color? Often, I have been known to smile when I see my red bottled inks. :)

:yikes: :puddle: b/c there are no appropriate words. In their original boxes!

I love storing mines in original boxes too! They just look alot better and it preserves the condition of the boxes! Nice collection igsoltek, I envy your ink collection :wub:

I personally just keep mines in a old post-box in their original boxes. Then store it on the lowest shelf of my computer table..

-RTMC

Favorite Ink and Pen Combinations:

Monteverde Jewelria in Fine with Noodlers Liberty's Elysium

Jinhao x450 with a Goulet X-Fine Nib with Noodlers Liberty's Elysium

Lamy Al-Star BlueGreen in Extra Fine with Parker Quink Black

Pilot Metropolitan in Medium with Parker Quink Black

"A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti."

- Dr. Hannibal Lecter