Baltimore Pen Show

Tasmith

I told my husband it was a good thing we were getting the snow tonight/tomorrow rather than over the weekend because that meant we could still go to the pen show this weekend. He was not amused.

Current Wishlist:

Visconti, Visconti, and...more Visconti! (And some ST Duponts too). (Ok fine, getting on the Omas and Montblanc trains now too. Toot toot.) (And maybe on the Montegrappa one too, but only for the Miyas.)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tasmith

• StrawberryJam

• inkstainedruth

• sargetalon

UPDATE- WE'RE SNOWED IN AND WON'T MAKE THE SHOW-UPDATE

I will be arriving late due to the weather over northern Virginia. I plan to arrive mid-day Friday and stay until Sunday. I'll have the usual range of Sheaffer plunger-fillers. Those who have contacted me about bringing me things to repair: I WILL be there!

Gerry Berg

Edited by gmberg

For those of you who made it out of the snow and down to the pen show, can you provide a list of which nibmeisters are there? I know Tim Girdler, Richard Binder, and Linda Kennedy are supposed to be there. Is Pendleton Brown there as well? Any others?

Current Wishlist:

Visconti, Visconti, and...more Visconti! (And some ST Duponts too). (Ok fine, getting on the Omas and Montblanc trains now too. Toot toot.) (And maybe on the Montegrappa one too, but only for the Miyas.)

I told my husband it was a good thing we were getting the snow tonight/tomorrow rather than over the weekend because that meant we could still go to the pen show this weekend. He was not amused.

LOL!! My husband is equally "thrilled" that we can still make the show too! Wish there was some kind of "bored husband zone" to leave them while we enjoy the show - someplace with beer and ESPN would do nicely.

LOL!! My husband is equally "thrilled" that we can still make the show too! Wish there was some kind of "bored husband zone" to leave them while we enjoy the show - someplace with beer and ESPN would do nicely.

There would have to be a bored wife zoned to compliment it because that's the situation that I'll be in. Making it work by spending a few hours at the show and then taking her and the baby to the aquarium. Hopefully it'll balance out.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

Jaco10017, on 06 Mar 2015 - 14:34, said:snapback.png

There would have to be a bored wife zoned to compliment it because that's the situation that I'll be in. Making it work by spending a few hours at the show and then taking her and the baby to the aquarium. Hopefully it'll balance out.

Uh oh. Bored husbands and bored wives all waiting around together. Pen shows could get a whole lot more expensive!

Edited by whichwatch

I am back from Baltimore and it was a lot of fun! Glad I went to this show - felt like there were a lot more people here than at Philly (because when I went to Philly, it was on Day 3 when we had the ice storm so I think a lot of people stayed home). Also, with Philly being my first pen show, I think I had a much better sense of what I wanted to get done and how to navigate through all of the options without it becoming too overwhelming.

Got four pens ground by Tim Girdler, one by Richard Binder, and one by Linda Kennedy, and Alan Hirsch managed to find my picky husband a Cross Townsend in Cardinal Red that worked for him. Met the Andersons, saw the new Franklin Christoph 20 model (which looks pretty cool), and met lots of other great people at the show. Oh, and bought some chocolates from Brandon Lee (which were delicious) that somehow managed to make it home with us, likely because they were in the bottom of my bag and I forgot about them.

Hope everyone else who went had a great time!

Edited by StrawberryJam

Current Wishlist:

I too have gotten back from Baltimore this evening. It was a nice show, my first time to the Baltimore show. I didn't bring any new Pelikan's home but had some great conversations, made some new connections, and had a chance to buy a few small acrylic displays from Toys in the Attic. Definitely a show that I would try to make again. Only took 2 hours to get there from Philadelphia which is a plus.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f282/jdanley/IMG_6183_zpssc4fkru2.jpg

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

Photos from the show in a neat imgur album,

http://imgur.com/a/Twl9Z

Anyone who finds themselves in a photo and would like me to remove it just ask, and if anyone is the subject of a photo they are free to use for any purpose so long as they give credit.

Edited by Binge

Photos from the show in a neat imgur album,

http://imgur.com/a/Twl9Z

Anyone who finds themselves in a photo and would like me to remove it just ask, and if anyone is the subject of a photo they are free to use for any purpose so long as they give credit.

Was there this weekend too. Very well attended! Thanks for sharing the great photos!

Great photos. Except that you made me totally jealous for not getting to go....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Great photos. Except that you made me totally jealous for not getting to go....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

The entire trip was a spur of the moment weekend plan. I've been in similar sorts over the LA show photos. There's nothing that I'd like more than to be able to make them all!