The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Asa I Can - Beyond Bang For A Buck

asapens fountainpen ebonite eyedropper indianpen

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 hari317

hari317

Classic

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,678 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 February 2015 - 16:11

ha ha ha....

r & K ink is now transferred to plastic vial.... and is in secure place....

Also one query ... i read that u import ur diamine inks from UK... does it sot cheaper....?? Is it easier to get that from UK??

my last purchase was a few years back and I found it was cheaper to buy directly. I am not aware of the current situation.

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

Sponsored Content

#22 Stranger in town

Stranger in town

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 February 2015 - 06:53

In kolkatta i beleive there are lot of inks manufacturers... if i am not wrong then suleha inks ar ebeing manufactured in jadavpur area of kolkatta...

Sulekha inks used to be manufactured in Jadavpur many years ago. The factory has long shut and been redeveloped into apartment blocks.  A bit symptomatic of the FP industry in large I guess  ;) . I am not sure if Sulekha has other operation factories now.

:) Stranger no more :)

#23 Stranger in town

Stranger in town

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 February 2015 - 06:56

I also purchased the ICAN and just received it today. I got the same mottled light brown colour as the OP but opted for a broad german nib.

I must say that the pen looks very good and is better finished than my other Indian ebonite pens. ASA has definitely bought a level of polish to these pens that was missing most of the earlier Indian pens. The German B nib is very smooth and a great writer. Absolutely love the pen.

:) Stranger no more :)

#24 mehandiratta

mehandiratta

Museum Piece

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,677 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 February 2015 - 07:24

I also purchased the ICAN and just received it today. I got the same mottled light brown colour as the OP but opted for a broad german nib.

I must say that the pen looks very good and is better finished than my other Indian ebonite pens. ASA has definitely bought a level of polish to these pens that was missing most of the earlier Indian pens. The German B nib is very smooth and a great writer. Absolutely love the pen.

enjoy ur pen.... 

vaibhav mehandiratta                               

architect & fountain pen connoisseur 

blog | instagram | twitter

#25 Helen350

Helen350

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 March 2016 - 09:58

You do know that reviewing these beautiful pen blanks makes me absolutely jealous (LOL).   I would love to be able to pick out (5) beautiful pen blanks to cover a pen a month that I would like ASA Pens to make for me.  I love the eye catching looks of these pens.  One pen I would love to have is a purplish/cream ebonite swirl pen, 3-1 filling system and a 1.1 JOWO stub, without a clip, and 3-4 very exotic acrylics.

#26 mhguda

mhguda

Vulpenfanaat

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,835 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 March 2016 - 11:08

What's stopping you? Don't hold back!

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

#27 Helen350

Helen350

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 March 2016 - 04:58

What's stopping you? Don't hold back!

Purchasing the blanks here in the States and shipping them to India for ASA to make one of their line of pens.  I'll try to find an easier way to accomplish this.  ASA can make some beautiful custom pens.

#28 mehandiratta

mehandiratta

Museum Piece

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,677 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 March 2016 - 05:52

I prefer the ebonite... over the acrylic....

vaibhav mehandiratta                               

architect & fountain pen connoisseur 

blog | instagram | twitter

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: asapens, fountainpen, ebonite, eyedropper, indianpen

Sponsored Content

|