Fpn Inks, Continued ....

wimg

FountainPenLady, you changed your Avatar! I think you will like the Voltaire Red ink. As soon as I see it, I'll post pictures.

Having too much fun and love for the Iroshizuku inks. :lticaptd: Can you tell? Hope you are feeling much better.

Ea Alis Volat Propiis, per/Repletus Fontis Calamus!
She Flies by Her Own Wings, with filled Fountain Pen

Delta DolceVita, F-C Intrinsic 02, Pelikan M800 red/black striation, Bexley ATB Strawberry Swirl, Red Jinhao 159, Platinum 3776 Bourgogne. :wub:

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wimg

• amberleadavis

• AAAndrew

• mudman

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The thought plickens! The Voltaire is a really interesting color idea; I'm really curious to see it next to Red-Black. Excitement!

Girl Sam

(It used to be Sammi with a heart drawn over the I, but I stopped because absolutely everyone was doing it)

I have been enjoying FPN and the contribution it and its members have made to me. Once this is all set up I will do my best to provide a donation. I think the work everyone does to make this happen should be rewarded with a THANK YOU.

So, THANK YOU to all involved.

Regards,

Be Happy, work at it. Namaste

We'll have to se ehow things go. If people like the 4.5 oz. bottles with pen, maybe we can get more. And they may not sell out, IF we get them there in time. Currently, no courier or postal service does any deliveries or collections in large parts of MA.

I ma afraid we will have to wait and see.

BTW, if you don't have it, and haven't seen it, if it is anything like Vespucci red, I am sure you'd want it ;).

Warm regards, Wim

Nope, don't know Vespucci Red at all. Doesn't help me.

Yeah, heard on the radio this AM that Boston is bracing for another two FEET of the evil white stuff. So glad we moved away from there....

Our house in MA was set in behind other houses, because the previous owners sold off lots along the edges of the property on three sides: we had a shared driveway with the two houses on the side street, while our legal address, on the main road, was impossible to find without directions -- our frontage was a stream and a couple of feet on either side of it. The owners of the houses we shared the driveway with only dug out their little sections -- and the people to our immediate south had a big privacy fence around their back yard. So we had a LONG expanse to dig out, even *with* a snow blower.... And the owners of the property on the *other* side of those people, whose yard backed onto ours behind until the stream, had large evergreens planted so we didn't get a lot of sun at the best of times.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Because I don't know much about FPN's inks. Just a question are these inks new or are they repackaged inks that Noodler's normally sells.

#Nope

These inks are made exclusively for FPN by Noodler's, IOW, unique to FPN only. You can't get them anywhere else :).

The labels are designed by the community here. We normally have a design competition for these labels prior to bringing out the ink, just that in case of the Voltaire Carmine Red this was impossible due to the extremely short time period between offer and production. Therefore we created a label specially for the LA Pen Show, and will start a competition once we have some samples in our own hands :).

The inks are shipped and handled by one of our own volunteers here, a moderator or admin.

HTH, warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

I am new here. Can you explain the details of how to order? I would be happy to preorder ink and/or donate to FPN but I can't figure out from the posts how to do that...

Thanks!

I am new here. Can you explain the details of how to order? I would be happy to preorder ink and/or donate to FPN but I can't figure out from the posts how to do that...

Thanks!

:D - of course, with all pleasure!

As to the inks, that is simply because the ink ordering process hasn't been detailed yet.

We hope to say more about this within the next few days to a week.

As to donating to FPN, try the blue and metal Donors & Supporters button at the bottom right of the page, which is a permanent feature, or the same button in smaller format in rotation with other items at the top right, or the "Support FPN" tab underneath the header at the top, just to the right of "Forums", followed by a click on the item you'd like to know more about or indeed want to action, or, on the Home or Forum Index page, click on the appropriate link in the sidebar FPN Quick Jumps box (top right of sidebar), second section "Donations, Accounts, and Advertising".

Alternatively, here is a direct link:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/store/category/11-fpn-supporter-donations/

Do note that as a supporter you will be able to buy our inks at a discount.

HTH, warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

I look forward to donating- though I'm only holding off until the details have been put forth to everyone regarding how certain donation levels may differ when it comes to acquiring inks. My assumption is that things may vary from tier to tier. Unless I can always upgrade my donation somehow later/pay the difference between the two? Seems like that might be complicated which is why I figure I should just wait a bit. :lol:

- The poster formerly known as HollyGolightly

I look forward to donating- though I'm only holding off until the details have been put forth to everyone regarding how certain donation levels may differ when it comes to acquiring inks. My assumption is that things may vary from tier to tier. Unless I can always upgrade my donation somehow later/pay the difference between the two? Seems like that might be complicated which is why I figure I should just wait a bit. :lol:

It is quite simple, actually. In principle Rhodium Supporters get 1 bottle with a discount, annually, and Platinum Supporters 2, also on an annual basis.

At the moment, at the LA Pen Show, you get a double discount when you become a Supporter (or Premium Account Holder for that matter).

We may extend this offer till a little after the LA Pen Show, for everyone here, amongst others because we did not receive the special LA Pen Show ink yet, due to the bad weather conditions in MA.

We will make an announcement about this soon enough - considering the speed with which everything had to be organized, and the little time we had, not everything worked out the way we planned it. Weather happens :).

However, as an FPN Rhodium or Platinum Supporter, you will receive a discount on our inks no matter what.

HTH, warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

I'm a little confused (what else is new). I set up an automatic yearly PayPal donation for once a year. This was done back in May. It will automatically deduct from my account and donate again this coming May. On my profile it says I am not a contributor/donor. Do I need to adjust something?

Chris

Carpe Stylum!

You have the choice to become a silent supporter (nothing shows, but be assured of our thanks) and overt: you get the Iridium badge etc, plus our thanks, of course.

If you want to reconsider changing that donation to a Rhodium or Platinum,I suggest sending Wimg a PM....

Whatever, thanks for your support.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

I'm a little confused (what else is new). I set up an automatic yearly PayPal donation for once a year. This was done back in May. It will automatically deduct from my account and donate again this coming May. On my profile it says I am not a contributor/donor. Do I need to adjust something?

Yes, as D.ick suggests, please do contact me. I am going through our list of donors/sponsors, but it takes a lot of time, especially considering all the other stuff that is being done right now. IOW, I am contacting members who donated before, when there is a little bit of spare time left, from present day further back in time. I am still in January right now.

BTW, we do have a semi-stealth option as well for Supporters, which will only show the Rhodium or Platinum badge in posts on the right hand side.

If people want super stealth, but like to receive the extra options as a thank you, please do contact me, as that requires a bit more work.

Summary, in order to become an FPN Rhodium or Platinum Supporter, and:

1. Stay a very visible FPN Supporter: donate via the normal options for Platinum or Rhodium Supporter

2. Go semi-stealth, but still receive the same extras as a thank you - choose the Anonymous/Stealth Platinum or Rhodium Supporter option

3. For even more stealth, but still receive the extras as a thank you - contact me by PM or email

4. You are a donor/sponsor already, who did donate the equivalent more or less of a Platinum or Rhodium Supporter, do contact me as well

HTH, warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

Another quick question- supporters who receive a discounted bottle annually (or two bottles, depending on your level)... does that mean you are restricted to one bottle or two bottles to purchase? Or are you able to purchase more than that?

Thank you so much for all the clarification above, as well.

Another quick question- supporters who receive a discounted bottle annually (or two bottles, depending on your level)... does that mean you are restricted to one bottle or two bottles to purchase? Or are you able to purchase more than that?

Thank you so much for all the clarification above, as well.

Hi Christina,

You will still be able to buy more bottles of ink than those for which you receive a discount, yes :).

Once the dust settles after the LA Pen Show, we will see where we stand and how we will proceed from there, the best way forward and all that :).

We have ordered an extra case of ink already for after the show, and the one which was to arrive at the show will also only materialize after the show :). That's two cases to start with, besides the little bit of stock which Amberlea presides over at the show ;)

HTH, warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

Hi Christina,

You will still be able to buy more bottles of ink than those for which you receive a discount, yes :).

Once the dust settles after the LA Pen Show, we will see where we stand and how we will proceed from there, the best way forward and all that :).

We have ordered an extra case of ink already for after the show, and the one which was to arrive at the show will also only materialize after the show :). That's two cases to start with, besides the little bit of stock which Amberlea presides over at the show ;)

HTH, warm regards, Wim

Many thanks Wim, for your answers as well as everyone's hard work!

Just curious - how many bottles in a case?

144 3 oz. bottles, in the case of the VGSNB, 90 (may be 93) of 4.5 oz. bottles, in the case of VCR :).

HTH, warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

Many thanks Wim, for your answers as well as everyone's hard work!

Thank you for your kind words!

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman