Toronto Pen Meet Ups 2015

saskia_madding

Okay, let's stay at F&F then. I prefer it because there is more room, for sure. I'll be there 100% in April, so I'll see you guys then! I'll have pens inked with the fancy new Usagiya Sailor inks too. :) And I'll talk about organizing another group TR paper group buy. And maybe even a Sailor ink one too?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cyber6

• saskia_madding

• Mags

• BadHobbit

Okay, let's stay at F&F then. I prefer it because there is more room, for sure. I'll be there 100% in April, so I'll see you guys then! I'll have pens inked with the fancy new Usagiya Sailor inks too. :) And I'll talk about organizing another group TR paper group buy. And maybe even a Sailor ink one too?

I am currently organizing a BungBox one... but I think you have all the BungBoxs series... :lol: ...

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

too true! :P I was thinking of the 88 and LE pink (which looks like it might be too red for my tastes), but I have decided to wait for an in person writing sample instead. Do you have the 88, cyber6? Could you ink it up for the meet?

I was thinking about organizing a KN group buy, actually, so people can get some Tanna Japonensis.

too true! :P I was thinking of the 88 and LE pink (which looks like it might be too red for my tastes), but I have decided to wait for an in person writing sample instead. Do you have the 88, cyber6? Could you ink it up for the meet?

I was thinking about organizing a KN group buy, actually, so people can get some Tanna Japonensis.

Nope... Vanness has 88..... but prices are prohibitive with our weak Canadian dollar. I will be ordering with the Group Buy for sure.

KN... I have samples of the whole series and bottles of the only two I really like... Tanna Japonensis and the Blue-Black Mushroom.. (Tremes Versicolor??) :lol:

C.

Edited by Cyber6

**** BauerInks.ca ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

I thought it was time for a change to a smaller venue after a couple of very low attendance meets, But the last one proved me wrong, we did have plenty of room, brought some tables together and there was enough room for Food and pens. Parking is not an issue for me. I'm in favour of staying at Fox and Fiddle for the time being, unless something better comes up. I will be bringing a guest to the meet in April.

Does your guest have a preference for a fountain pen brand or a general interest?

Did you find your 90th Anniversay model?

Rob Maguire (Plse call me "M or Mags" like my friends do...)I use a Tablet, Apple Pencil and a fountain pen. Targas, Sailor, MB, Visconti, Aurora, vintage Parkers, all wonderful.

Does your guest have a preference for a fountain pen brand or a general interest?

Did you find your 90th Anniversay model?

He has all kinds from no-nonsense pens to a couple of Mont Blancs. Like me he appreciates great Ballpoint and Roller Ball pens.

I exchanged my 90th Anniversary for the Daniel Dafoe writers edition, this seems to be the year of Ruthenium for me! I think I need to sell my Stipula Cracked Ice to help pay for it, such is the way of my addiction lol!

Edited by BadHobbit

BadHobbit:

I definitely want to try the writer's edition. Too bad you decided not to keep the 90th Anniversary but you have picked a nice one.

Rob Maguire (Plse call me "M or Mags" like my friends do...)I use a Tablet, Apple Pencil and a fountain pen. Targas, Sailor, MB, Visconti, Aurora, vintage Parkers, all wonderful.

Turns out that i've got volunteer training on April 18th, so I'll be there at 11 am, but I have to leave at 12:30. Just letting everyone know in case they want me to bring anything. does anyone want me to bring anything specific?

Turns out that i've got volunteer training on April 18th, so I'll be there at 11 am, but I have to leave at 12:30. Just letting everyone know in case they want me to bring anything. does anyone want me to bring anything specific?

Shucks... :(

Do you mind bringing your ink sample notebooks... specifically the Japanese ones. If possible.

**** BauerInks.ca ****

Do you mean my review journal or my notebook with just lists of all the inks I've tried?

I only need to see the color.... not the full reviews. I guess your notebook with the one-liners is good enough. :lol:

Thanks,

C.

**** BauerInks.ca ****

• 3 weeks later...

May 16th is coming up and we could use a theme. Ideas or thoughts everyone? I was thinking it could be new member meeting where past visitors who have been once or twice are encouraged to come back and everyone else tries to invite new people also.

Scriptus, volunteering, latest acquisitions and what's new in ink and paper to round out the 2 hours.

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't been to a meeting in ages and want to meet the gang tomorrow. Who else is coming?

Things have been stagnant FP and ink wise but I would love to see what others have been busy with.

Also, please put me down for a 1000 sheets if there is a TR paper group buy happening.

Salman

I will not be able to attend. Duty calls for family obligations.

I totally missed that the meet was this weekend. The long weekend meant tons of chores and yard work. When is the next pens and pints?

Pens and Pints are the first Friday of the Month... (unless some Holiday creeps in there) ... next one will be Friday June 5th.

C.

**** BauerInks.ca ****

• 4 weeks later...

I am not able to make the June 20 meeting due to baseball scheduling. Sorry, I do hope to meet with you all soon.