Fpn Passaporto Question?

XtianApi

Hello, new FPNer here. I have always wanted a Stipula Passaporto clear demonstrator, but have never jumped on it due to that posting issue. I knew the FPN version had threads to post, so I went to the store and currently, the pictures show blue Passaportos, but it doesn't look like there are threads on the back for posting. Can anyone confirm this please? Also, sorry if anyone knows how I could get a clear Passaporto, rather than translucent blue, that also has the threads on the back, I would be interested to know. Thanks, sorry if this is in the wrong place.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• XtianApi

• AD64

• Calabria

• Ted A

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that only the limited edition Passaportos were threaded. FPN's and maybe Fahrneys. I think if you see a Passaporto at retail it will not be threaded.

But there is an upgraded version, the Bon Voyage, that is threaded.

To hold a pen is to be at war. - Voltaire

I believe that only the limited edition Passaportos were threaded. FPN's and maybe Fahrneys. I think if you see a Passaporto at retail it will not be threaded.

But there is an upgraded version, the Bon Voyage, that is threaded.

Thanks for the reply. So Passaportos from the FPN store should always be threaded? That was my understanding, but if you go look at the picture on the FPN store, it doesn't seem to be. I checked Fahmeys, no Bon Voyage or Passaporto at the moment.

I was looking to the Bon Voyage as an alternative, but it looks a good amount larger. I can never find a good picture of the Bon Voyage. I've the few that are on the internet, but no comparison pics. I am dying for a eyedropper pocket pen. I would consider the Bon Voyage if it was almost as short as the Passaporto. The Passaporto is just so nice looking.

The Franklin Christoph Model 40 Pocket is something to consider as well. I have an Model 02 in Ice, with an Emerald Finial on the way to me!

But yeah, check out the FPN store, it doesn't look threaded anymore.

Thanks so much!

You could also post a WTB in this forum.

"how do I know what I think until I write it down?"

I am not familiar with all with all these versions but I sure know what it is to be looking for something & have trouble finding it. Regina Martini (seller name: martiniauctions has one on her Ebay auction currently) that looks like it has the threaded ends to facilitate posting. Unfortunately it is NOT "clear" but might be of interest in determining which pens have this option.

I should restate I think.

I have never heard of a Passaporto that was not an LE that was threaded. That doesn't mean I have any knowledge about any of the LEs other than what I read a few years ago.

Whether the FPN is threaded you would need to ask someone in FPN - wim? - to see. Perhaps check the Italian pen forum.

To hold a pen is to be at war. - Voltaire

Thanks all! I looked up the Paparazzi and found what little I could on it. It seems to be basically a Passaporto with flatter ends. Someone has a youtube video showing three of them. Threaded posting comes stock. For some reason, I guess they weren't very popular.

I looked on FPN and people were buying them for like 40 dollars a year or so ago from this one ebay seller. That same ebay seller is still working through his stock of them except he has them at list, 140. I offered 75 and it was auto rejected. I offered 91 and it was auto accepted! Maybe it would auto accept 80. I got a clear one.

There are twelve colors. Seems like only a hundred were made of each color. He seems to rotate, posting a new color every month. You can call and reserve a color and serial number. The whole process seems very strange, and I wonder where the seller got them from.

Selling for 40, now selling for a lot more? Maybe they will go up in value above list? I don't know, that is not why I ordered it. Oh and I don't know what size nib it is. I requested a broad to grind, but whatever it is, I will make a cursive italic or needlepoint out of it, depending on the original size. I am excited and thanks to the forum. I know this could turn out to have some issues, but I got to have one of these stipula pocket pens, don't know why. I want to eat it, its so tiny.

I am still going to get a Franklin-Christoph Model 40 Pocket if I like my Model 02 Intrinsic Emerald and Ice, when it arrives.

For the last several weeks I have been all about demonstrator eyedroppers. I don't know why. I know what you are thinking. "Of course you are, you are new and are super into watching ink slosh around." But, that is not it, I've gone through that phase years ago. The last five pens I bought were non-demo.

I love the phases.

Thanks again. I post pictures and feedback when I get the little bugger, and the Model 02, if anyone wants to see.

Okay, so I got my Paparazzi and it is cool. It is small and the nib is small. I haven't used a steel nib for a while and forgot how blah they feel in terms of their stiff/flabby feel. However, the tipping is polished well and the nib is aligned perfectly.

I took it out of that huge box it comes in, flushed it out, and filled it with ink. I could not get ink to flow at all. I dumped the ink back in the bottle and put in a cartridge. I squeezed the heck out of the cartridge until ink dripped from the feed, but it still wouldn't write. The tine slit was nonexistent. So I worked on the nib. I did a little nib-shoulder squeezing, and tine separation until I got the flow how I like it. Not "Juicy" per say, but close to it. A nice line that shows the ink.

My next issue is, if I stop writing for 10 or so seconds, the pen will take a second to start. If I have it capped for over half and hour, it also takes a second to get started. Just like two or three strokes, but it is weird that the tip dries so fast. I would call it hard starts because it only does it at the start of writing, not anytime during. Weird. I can live with it if I have to, but I am going to check it out under the microscope and see if there is a baby's bottom.

Thanks for the help everyone. I am happy with my purchase. I can post pictures if anyone wants.

The FPN Passaporto IS threaded actually, and its threaded twice as long as any other Passaporto, just to make sure the cap will stay seated when writing. We insisted on this for our version.

The ones still in the store are the last few remaining from our limited production run with Stipula 2 years ago. Or was it 3 years already?

They actually are partly assembled, and QC-ed by undersigned in person, as well as checked for ink flow and a bunch of other things.

When you get one of our Passportos, it will write very well straight out of the box - I will personally see to that.

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

When you get one of our Passportos, it will write very well straight out of the box - I will personally see to that.

Warm regards, Wim

Does that include flushing or not?

Just a add on question. Would you (FPN) sell more of these in the future?

#Nope

The FPN Passaporto IS threaded actually, and its threaded twice as long as any other Passaporto, just to make sure the cap will stay seated when writing. We insisted on this for our version.

The ones still in the store are the last few remaining from our limited production run with Stipula 2 years ago. Or was it 3 years already?

They actually are partly assembled, and QC-ed by undersigned in person, as well as checked for ink flow and a bunch of other things.

Warm regards, Wim

Awesome. Thanks for confirming they are threaded. I have to get my head around the color blue, it's not my favorite, but having them at all in stock is awesome.

I have since bought a paparazzi, but the passaporto is the pen I originally wanted. I am happy with the paparazzi, but when I die, and future generations see my pens, the passaporto needs to be there, haha.

These pens are small and can be annoying to use,but I just got to have them, don't know why. Even though people are somewhat over them.

I am going to think about the blue. I'm probably going to buy it, but if anyone knows any other threaded colors available, let me know. Used is okay. Thanks

• 1 year later...

Fountain Pen Hospital currently has a stock of the demonstrators in clear, blue, and red with either F or M nib. I called to ask and their inventory of the Passaporto has the threaded posting. Their price is well below what I've seen on the auction house.

No affiliation, just passing on the information.

I got the Passaporto Neve from Martemodena as a gift along with a purchase - it's white and unthreaded.

I was disappointed, though, because it leaked on the airplane - so, not really a travel pen.

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang

I got the Passaporto Neve from Martemodena as a gift along with a purchase - it's white and unthreaded.

I was disappointed, though, because it leaked on the airplane - so, not really a travel pen.

So sad to hear of this leaking, Calabria.

How did you carry the pen? Was it nib up and mostly full of ink?

So sad to hear of this leaking, Calabria.

How did you carry the pen? Was it nib up and mostly full of ink?

It was full, to be sure. I can't say how I carried it, though. It's so small that it tends to wander to the bottom of the bag, so it was probably lying down.

Not a big deal - many pens leak in airplanes. I just found it odd to call the pen "Passaporto."

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang

It was full, to be sure. I can't say how I carried it, though. It's so small that it tends to wander to the bottom of the bag, so it was probably lying down.

Not a big deal - many pens leak in airplanes. I just found it odd to call the pen "Passaporto."

I don't think they meant it wouldn't leak when flying, just that it is a small travel pen.

I always travel with my pens nib up on planes, inside of zip bags, just in case. And, of course, the fuller the pen is with ink, the less likely to leak.

So, with a little care, your Passaporto is ready to fly!

Regards,

AD

I don't think they meant it wouldn't leak when flying, just that it is a small travel pen.

I always travel with my pens nib up on planes, inside of zip bags, just in case. And, of course, the fuller the pen is with ink, the less likely to leak.

So, with a little care, your Passaporto is ready to fly!

Regards,

AD

AD - Maybe it's meant for inner-European train travel? ;) But then, you don't need a passport for that.

Cheers

Derek

– Lin Yu-T'ang

AD - Maybe it's meant for inner-European train travel? ;) But then, you don't need a passport for that.

Cheers

Derek

Oh yes, quite. Or maybe between the USA and Canada by car? That does require a passport, of sorts, these days.

Best wishes and smiles too,

AD