The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Pelikan Vs. [The World]

pilot twsbi lamy mont blanc

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Runnin_Ute

Runnin_Ute

Super Pinks member:

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,941 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 February 2015 - 05:19

The brands I have the most of?

Pelikan (4 - a 120 Merz & Krell from the 1970's I got as NOS with an EF, 2 M205's - one in Toledo Red, one in Black (M/F) and a M150 - M) The red one had been inked only once. I went fro 0-2 in the same transaction.

Parker - 3 45's - a Flighter (14k-M), a burgundy *Made in Spain"(F), and a desk set/pen(M) and a 51 Special (F) set with MP and an IM.

Mostly singles of other brands - Lamy, Waterman, TWSBI, Noodler's, Pilot,True Writer, and 2 Esterbrooks.

Why do I like Pelikan? Good question. Well made, I can post if I want, but I don't very often with any of my pens. The ones I post most frequently? My 51 and my 45's. The 45's for the aesthetic, the 51 for more practical purposes. Classic design that works well.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

Sponsored Content

#22 jmccarty3

jmccarty3

There is no "c" in Sheaffer

• FPN Supporter - Platinum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,359 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 February 2015 - 21:16

I agree with all the wonderful things that have been said about Pelikan in this thread, but there are a couple of things that bug me. First, Pelikan has never made a truly extra-fine nib. I honestly can't tell much difference between their fine and their extra-fine. Second, they have stopped making their specialty nibs, such as double and triple broads, obliques, and the like. (I have discussed this on another thread.) If you are happy with a medium or fine nib, it would be hard to find a better writing pen.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

#23 Joe in Seattle

Joe in Seattle

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 February 2015 - 23:13

I prefer my M800's to: Montblanc 146 & 149, to Parker (vintage & modern), to Delta Dolce Vita, to Nakaya, to Edison Herald, to just about everything except my Palladium nibbled Homo Sapiens E F ( which is too heavy to write with constantly). I grew up with Esther Brooks and Shafer school pens. In college I migrated to a Pelikans 120; I've always loved their designs. My Grail is a Toledo.
"how do I know what I think until I write it down?"

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pilot, twsbi, lamy, mont blanc

Sponsored Content

|