The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Video Of Pelikan Manufacture

pelikan video factory

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 henriklinden

henriklinden

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 February 2015 - 13:23

I just saw a nice video on the German Pelikan webpages showing how their fountain pens are made that might interest some of you here. I think the video is rather new. Check "Der Weg des Füllers" on this link:

http://www.pelikan.c...m-herunterladen

It's only available in German from what I can see.

Sponsored Content

#2 R. N. Dominick

R. N. Dominick

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 14:39

That was pretty cool. Thanks for the link!

#3 Ste_S

Ste_S

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 February 2015 - 17:47

That's great, thanks. Any German speakers care to pass on any interesting stuff from the video ?

I now want a red Pelikano. Great see they're made in the same factory as the Souverain pens. Loved the Pelikano testing machines

#4 Trebor

Trebor

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 February 2015 - 19:13

Thanks for sharing. I saw an older (70's? 80's?) video of Pelikan from these forums once (it's a pretty popular video, I think) but it's really cool seeing a more modern video. The thing that I found fascinating was the big contrast in manual labor from the Pelikanos and the Souverans. It looked like the Pelikanos were fully automated and didn't have any human assembly.

Regardless of how much one values a low-end product versus a high-end one, I think it's just interesting seeing what exactly the manufacturing differences are.

#5 cameron331

cameron331

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 February 2015 - 20:33

I love manufacturing videos, thanks for sharing. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pelikan, video, factory

Sponsored Content

|