The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Can You Get A Pen Serviced By Montblanc In Australia?

service montblanc sydney boutique reapir

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 FoszFay

FoszFay

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 January 2015 - 06:13

Hey All,

Just wondering if anyone has had experience getting a Montblanc pen ''serviced'' at a boutique in Australia, specifically Sydney? Do they do it ''in shop'' or are the pens sent overseas?

Lastly, what timeframe and were the charges similar to international ''services''?

Thanks,

Tom.

Sponsored Content

#2 Chu0009

Chu0009

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 January 2015 - 10:14

Hi tom,
I had a nib change at the mb in Brisbane. They had to send it down to Melbourne. For the simple stuff, the Brisbane mb can do, for more complex they send it down.

The basic service is aud 140.00 and onwards.

It takes about 1-2 weeks.

Hope this helps

#3 FoszFay

FoszFay

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 January 2015 - 22:39

Thanks Chu,

I thought they might have to send it around...

Tom.

#4 Tritonus

Tritonus

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 January 2015 - 23:20

I think there is a different tier to the pricing of their services - for the most basic service such as lubricating pistons etc. they charge around $80.  Best to invest in a piston knob removing tool for the 146 and 149 (same tool) in my opinion.  If you are sending in the pen for a general service, I'd strongly recommend that you tell them to keep the original feed if it is ebonite - they have a tendency to replace them with this modern plastic feed as part of their service.

#5 Jindalee

Jindalee

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 June 2015 - 20:53

I have found the service provided by Montblanc Australia most satisfactory. My 149 handed in to the Brisbane boutique to have ink flow adjusted and nib smoothed was completed in four working days. Montblanc did a level 1 service with a new feed for A$115. The nib performance is now equivalent to the pens I bought from Richard Binder. On a another occasion I had a cracked 146 barrel replaced, the pen came back good as new.

#6 Pen Economics

Pen Economics

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 June 2015 - 04:15

This is useful, thanks for sharing. 

#7 Nathanb

Nathanb

Meisterstück

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 June 2015 - 09:40

I too have had recent success with the repair centre in Melbourne, excellent communication! 

#8 mrchan

mrchan

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 June 2015 - 14:52

MB will tell you that they will send it to Melbourne to see what their team can do but usually it ends up getting sent back to germany anyway. Or HongKong depending which is busier etc..

Fountain pens are like weapons. They just make your pocket bleed so much.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: service, montblanc, sydney, boutique, reapir

Sponsored Content

|