The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Aristotle - Organics Studio

organics studio

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 visvamitra

visvamitra

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,463 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 January 2015 - 21:38

As most of you know Organics Studio will be coming back with some of their inks. Aristotle didn't make it and won't be resurrected. A pity, because it's quite unique grey, greenish/yellow one. 

Sadly I lost Ink Splash of this one. I have like 80-90 reviews to scan. Text is in the Oxford notebook but ink splashes and drops of inks weren't stored as safely and I just can't find them anywhere. So there'll be ink splash / kitchen towel gaps in some of the reviews I'll post. A pity, cause I remember Aristotle splash to look funky. Sample's long gone as the ink itself.

DROPS OF INK ON KITCHEN TOWEL

3wRzeg.jpg

SOFTWARE IDENTIFICATION / COLOR RANGE

Jmvjrg.jpg

0u50RM.jpg

Oxford Recycled, Kaweco Sport Classic, B

rhlX4f.jpg

ZsxRZ6.jpg

MTDbkm.jpg

snMMLA.jpg

Comparison

rnYo4x.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 tinta

tinta

otthon vagyok

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 January 2015 - 23:23

I bought a bottle of Aristotle so that I could add it to my growing collection of ferrogallic inks. 

Maybe because I'm not overly fond of grey (or even slightly grey-ish) inks, I found Aristotle disappointing. :(

For me it also did not darken, like all of my other IG inks have:  Akkerman #10, MBMB, Salix, Scabiosa, Registrar's & Platinum blue/black.  My wide, wet italic nibs brought out Aristotle's ability to shade, but......

If anyone wants a full bottle, I would love to pass it along.

Visvamitra, did your Aristotle darken at all for you,  as it oxydized?

Thank you for your usual innovative review.  You've brought out the best in this OS Aristotle.

Edited by tinta, 29 January 2015 - 23:25.

*Sailor 1911S, Black/gold, 14c. 0.8 mm. stub(JM) *1911S blue "Colours", 14c. H-B "M" BLS (PB) *2 Sailor 1911-M Burgundy/gold pens: 14c. 0.6 mm. "round-nosed" CI (MM) & 1.1 mm. CI (JM) *Sailor Pro-Gear Slim Spec. Ed. "Fire",14c. (factory) "H-B" *2 Kaweco SPECIAL fountain pens: 14c."M" "B",-0.5 mm & 0.7 mm stubs (PB) *Kaweco Stainless Steel Lilliput, 14c "B" -0.6 mm. stub (PB) *Montblanc 254, 14c. "BB" (1.1 mm?) flügelfeder factory stub

#3 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,425 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 January 2015 - 04:27

I had the same problem with Aristotle that tinta had -- it didn't seem to go black, just grey.  Not what I was expecting.  OS Blue Merle turned out to be the more color I had been expecting from Aristotle -- now THAT ink I'm hoping to see resurrected -- I didn't get a full bottle of it fast enough.

But thanks for the review of Aristotle nonetheless -- it's as useful to see reviews of inks I *don't* want as it is for ones that I do.  A review of an ink I don't like could very easily change my mind -- or at least get a different perspective to consider.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

#4 Brian C

Brian C

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,581 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 January 2015 - 04:30

I love Aristotle. I think the grey green is beautiful.

#5 Cyber6

Cyber6

Extremely AWESOME !!!

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,424 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 January 2015 - 16:03

I haven't use my Aristotle for a long ... long time...  but I am pretty sure it has a strong blue component.    :huh:

I will have to dig my bottle out and tested it ...    I'll post swabs tonight.

C.

P.S.  Just a thought... could this be Arsenic Grey and NOT Aristotle?? 

Edited by Cyber6, 30 January 2015 - 16:45.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

#6 visvamitra

visvamitra

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• 4,463 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 January 2015 - 20:01

@C - you were my dealer ;) But in the sample I've seen more green than blue. And it haven't changed color. For me it's OK. I don't really like gall inks. COlor change may well look specrtacular but for me it's often too much.

#7 Cyber6

Cyber6

Extremely AWESOME !!!

• 6,424 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 January 2015 - 20:07

@C - you were my dealer ;) 

Oops... did I label it wrong??... :unsure:  ...   I might have given you the good stuff.. instead of the cheap stuff...  The "good" stuff is the one that makes you come back for more....   :lol:

C.

**** BauerInks.ca ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

#8 visvamitra

visvamitra

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• 4,463 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 January 2015 - 20:13

:lticaptd:

#9 Brian C

Brian C

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,581 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 January 2015 - 04:29

I contacted Tyler about this ink once. He told me that it was intended to have a strong blue content but  batch came out with the green component mentioned. Any bottle could be blue or green.

#10 Davros

Davros

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 07:18

Mine is sort of gray-teal-blue. I love it.

#11 Michael R.

Michael R.

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• 3,511 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 January 2015 - 09:44

Yes, looks like this is Arsenic Grey; my Aristotle looks like a slightly greenish blue-black.

Cheers

Michael

#12 valthon

valthon

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 February 2015 - 02:22

I've seen a lot of variety in Aristotle. It can also go bad -- I have a few bad samples that look more like a sepia. And the three bottle I have are each slightly different on the blue/green scale. I've found shaking the bottle to really improve the saturation of the blue component. Also, the ink looks significantly more green under florescent lighting.

#13 Cyber6

Cyber6

Extremely AWESOME !!!

• 6,424 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 February 2015 - 05:28

Forgot to shake the bottle...  but you can still see the blue in this Aristotle..  Added Arsenic grey for comparison.

fpn_1422941191__comp_aristotle.jpg

**** BauerInks.ca ****

#14 jasonchickerson

jasonchickerson

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 February 2015 - 06:54

I haven't use my Aristotle for a long ... long time...  but I am pretty sure it has a strong blue component.    :huh:

I will have to dig my bottle out and tested it ...    I'll post swabs tonight.

C.

P.S.  Just a thought... could this be Arsenic Grey and NOT Aristotle?? 

I second this. It looks exactly like Arsenic Grey to me.

#15 wastelanded

wastelanded

No affiliation.

• Member - Gold

• 2,117 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 June 2015 - 13:30

I accepted the bottle of Aristotle that Tinta so kindly offered, and it looks so: quite different from the above results! I quite like it.

IMG_0001.jpg

"I was cut off from the world. There was no one to confuse or torment me, and I was forced to become original." - Franz Joseph Haydn 1732 - 1809

#16 delano

delano

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 June 2015 - 14:26

OK, now I'm confused.  I really, really, really do not like the ink in the OPs samples and review.  But I do not mind, and could see myself using, the ink in the above sample.  wastelanded -- what paper are you using?

#17 wastelanded

wastelanded

No affiliation.

• Member - Gold

• 2,117 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 June 2015 - 12:29

OK, now I'm confused.  I really, really, really do not like the ink in the OPs samples and review.  But I do not mind, and could see myself using, the ink in the above sample.  wastelanded -- what paper are you using?

I'm confused too: Vis' samples look nothing like mine. However, I didn't shake the bottle, so maybe that made the difference. And I don't want to shake it now, as I like how it is!

The paper is Staples Sustainable Earth notepad paper. Very thin, maybe 20lb, but there is rarely showthrough and it shows an ink's shading very nicely. I should also add that the scan was several days after writing.

ETA: There are no more bottles of Aristotle to be had, anywhere: I've done an exhaustive search. :( Hopefully someone can prove me wrong on this.

Edited by wastelanded, 02 June 2015 - 12:31.

"I was cut off from the world. There was no one to confuse or torment me, and I was forced to become original." - Franz Joseph Haydn 1732 - 1809

#18 Pira

Pira

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 16:20

Oh wow...I did not know there was so much variety between bottles. Here is a tree drawn recently using this ink. What colour was it supposed to be? :huh:  

**All my trees are drawn on Stillman & Birn, Zeta paper

21444505679_af5be8a659_b.jpgOrganics Studio ~ Aristotle by Pira Urosevic, on Flickr

Edited by Pira, 24 September 2015 - 16:20.

#19 Cyber6

Cyber6

Extremely AWESOME !!!

• 6,424 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 September 2015 - 17:24

GORGEOUS TREE!!!!!!!!!!   :wub:  :wub:

But that one is nowhere near my color in Aristotle... yours has a strong teal ...  :huh:

Oh wow...I did not know there was so much variety between bottles. Here is a tree drawn recently using this ink. What colour was it supposed to be? :huh:  

**All my trees are drawn on Stillman & Birn, Zeta paper

21444505679_af5be8a659_b.jpgOrganics Studio ~ Aristotle by Pira Urosevic, on Flickr

**** BauerInks.ca ****

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: organics studio

Sponsored Content

|