New "caiso" Bulkfiller Revealed !

fountainbel

The prototypes at the show sported hard rubber sections...

They have shown either. In the earlier prototypes previewed in this post, the section was Delrin. On their facebook and on youtube they have shown a titanium section.

I prefer Ti, but the Delrin is certainly nice.

I live in the greatest country in the world....Texas

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountainbel

• glassjaw003

• Tojusi

• mongrelnomad

Did anyone attend the WES London pen show? Wondering what the impressions of the CAISO were if anyone was able to see one there. Sure wish I could handle such a big pen but I just ordered a Regular Bulkfiller today and waiting to hear back from Werner.

Edited by Steelblue

Any news? The excitement is real.

As for nib work. I have a lovely Bulkfiller with a M Ti nib, and this time around I am looking for a gold nib. Would it be possible to increase the wetness and smoothness? I like a buttery smooth wet writer, no babies bottom of course. Of course it would be perfect if it had rotation forgiveness too. :P

Hi all !

Good news, CAISO production will start by the middle of next week.

The final design "First production Run" will be presented at the "Conid open door" - November 7 - and become available as from mid November.

After intensive tests by 4 frequent writers, their valued input and feedback

triggered a drastic redesign.

So we went back to the drawing board and made drastic changes to the CAISO system, and - as it looks now - we reached our goal, a perfect CAISO !

During my tests I've filled the pen completely two times, one time with Pilot black and the other time with Pelikan Kings bleu end wrote both fillings till the pen was completely empty.

I've written 24 A4 pages ( 12 small written pages with each filling ) and the new CAISO system proved to be perfect, no problems at all, constant ink flow, feed ink buffer grooves remained empty , and no bleeding at all over the nib vent hole.

As for the improvements, main improvement being the return spring inside the ink window is eliminated, hence much less flow restriction and anchoring risks for ink and air in and perfect ink/air exchange. This makes nib unit exchange also very easy and straight forward.

There are logically other changes to the design to retract the plunger and open the ink valve when taking to cap off, but these will be revealed shortly, after the final drawings are finished.

Ì've made the new prototype parts in my shop, and now Conid will make the final parts.

When interested you can already reserve on of the FPR Kingsize CAISO demonstrators, please contact : werner@conid.be

Francis

FYI :Below a writing extract from my "test report book" written with the improved CAISO featuring a fine titanium nib and using Pelikan Königsblau ink.

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h89/fountainbel/P1000968.jpg

Cool. Looking forward to meet you, and this new pen on the CONID day!

(absolutely LOVE my regular bulkfiller!)

Kind regards,

Jos

https://www.facebook.com/Blastmaster1972 : my facebook blog, mostly about knives, sometimes about pens!

http://blastmaster1972.blogspot.be/ : my blog about knives. Some pen related contend will be posted in the near future!

Hi Francis -

Great news! Will you / Werner be emailing the people already "on the list" for details of finalizing an order, payment, and so on?

Hi Francis -

Great news! Will you / Werner be emailing the people already "on the list" for details of finalizing an order, payment, and so on?

Hi Tojusi,

Sure, Werner will definitively contact all people which already signed in for the Caiso by mid November

Francis

Hi all !Good news, CAISO production will start by the middle of next week.The final design "First production Run" will be presented at the "Conid open door" - November 7 - and become available as from mid November.After intensive tests by 4 frequent writers, their valued input and feedbacktriggered a drastic redesign.So we went back to the drawing board and made drastic changes to the CAISO system, and - as it looks now - we reached our goal, a perfect CAISO !During my tests I've filled the pen completely two times, one time with Pilot black and the other time with Pelikan Kings bleu end wrote both fillings till the pen was completely empty.I've written 24 A4 pages ( 12 small written pages with each filling ) and the new CAISO system proved to be perfect, no problems at all, constant ink flow, feed ink buffer grooves remained empty , and no bleeding at all over the nib vent hole.As for the improvements, main improvement being the return spring inside the ink window is eliminated, hence much less flow restriction and anchoring risks for ink and air in and perfect ink/air exchange. This makes nib unit exchange also very easy and straight forward.There are logically other changes to the design to retract the plunger and open the ink valve when taking to cap off, but these will be revealed shortly, after the final drawings are finished.Ì've made the new prototype parts in my shop, and now Conid will make the final parts. When interested you can already reserve on of the FPR Kingsize CAISO demonstrators, please contact : werner@conid.beFrancisFYI :Below a writing extract from my "test report book" written with the improved CAISO featuring a fine titanium nib and using Pelikan Königsblau ink.http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h89/fountainbel/P1000968.jpg

Hi Francis,

Can't wait to see the rabbit you pulled out of your magic hat this time.

Congrats!

Hi Francis,

Can't wait to see the rabbit you pulled out of your magic hat this time.

Congrats!

You'll see it my friend, you'll see it at the Conid day, November 7

Look forward meeting you there and showing you all design details !

Regards, Francis

• 2 weeks later...

So did anybody attend Conid day over the weekend? I'm excited to see how the Caiso system worked out.

I was at the 3th Conid Day, which was a great success with special thanks to Werner, Francis and Wim. The Komec factory, of which Conid is a part, is the perfect location for the development and production of high end pens.First of all there was indeed the Conid Kingsize Bulkfiller Demonstrator with the Caiso. Well it works beautifully, let's say Francis thought out of the box and changed the working mechanism of the Caiso completely, he got rid of the spring that caused flow issues in the first prototypes and replaced it with a more simplified but ingenious valve opening system. The pen is gorgeous with both titanium ends.

But there was more,

Wim was there with the first of the FPN LE 2015, which is a normal Kingsize Bulkfiller but with a marvellous acrylic body and cap. The pen could be tested with various nibsizes, tuned by Wim. I was particulary fond of a crisp 13 cursiv italic.

The Conid Days are really becoming an event, not to miss.

Unfortunately, despite my best efforts, I couldn't afford the time to attend on Saturday so I was hoping that someone would give an overview of the day's events. Many thanks for the excellent feedback Opooh.

I am hardly surprised to hear that is was a great success, what with all the excitement around the latest models from Conid, in particular the new CAISO Kingsize. Now I really am looking forward to hearing when the orders will be released :)

Pavoni

I was there.

It was a very interesting visit! Good to meet Werner Helsen and his passionate "pen-making" team. The machine shop is impressive! Unfortunately I didn't come across Francis (Fountainbel), but I'm sure he was very busy! ;)

For people who want to see pictures: there's an album on the CONID facebook-page.

Kind regards,

Jos

https://www.facebook.com/Blastmaster1972 : my facebook blog, mostly about knives, sometimes about pens!

http://blastmaster1972.blogspot.be/ : my blog about knives. Some pen related contend will be posted in the near future!

Great products , great people , great future

Always a delight having spent an afternoon again at their site!

I very much agree. I recently saw their new demonstrator minimalistica and that will definitely be my next purchase after the Caiso.

I saw the picture of the new CAISO on the Conid website and that may simply be the most attractive looking pen I've ever seen. I understand that the first run will be a limited edition set, but what will the differences be between the first set and the main production CAISO's? I really like the titanium ends and section but I won't be able to purchase one until around March/April.

Edited by Starbuck

I saw the picture of the new CAISO on the Conid website and that may simply be the most attractive looking pen I've ever seen.

What what what? Where did you see that?

What what what? Where did you see that?

The front page of the Conid website haha. It has a close up of the transparent "CAISO" feed and another of the pen itself.

EDIT: It seems that the seal for the CAISO piston is now red. I'm not sure if it was like that on the earlier Kingsize pens but I haven't noticed it before.

Edited by Starbuck

I saw the picture of the new CAISO on the Conid website and that may simply be the most attractive looking pen I've ever seen. I understand that the first run will be a limited edition set, but what will the differences be between the first set and the main production CAISO's? I really like the titanium ends and section but I won't be able to purchase one until around March/April.

Hi Starbuck,

Glad reading you like the CAISO FPR design !

Conid will produce 120 pieces numbered CAISO FPR Kingsizes demonstrators, being 60 "Flat tops" and 60 "Streamlines".

So I expect you will still be able to buy one in March 2016, although I can't be 100% sure….

As for your remark concerning the color of the piston seal, the piston seal remains black, but the O ring on the shut-off valve is effectively a red silicone version.

Francis

Hi there,

this will be my first bulkfiller and I'm really looking forward to that flat top version.

I'm, however, still a little bit torn between the nib options (ie. titanium or gold), because I have not tried any bock nibs before.

I like nibs smooth and soft and wet, my current favourite beeing the one from the Homo Sapiens Bronze, followed by the Pelikan M1000 and the Sailor KOP.

Any recommandations for me? Just get both?

Thanks,

Andre