New "caiso" Bulkfiller Revealed !

fountainbel

Great feedback Francis. I think you have just raised the excitement and expectation levels up another notch with this additional information and clarity. :thumbup:

Are you still looking at July 2015 for the possible release of the CAISO LE Kingsize?

Pavoni.

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountainbel

• glassjaw003

• Tojusi

• mongrelnomad

Thank you for the insight Francis, I'll be looking forward to the new pen. Hopefully I would have saved up enough by then :unsure: :blush:. is a stainless steel version in the offing ? All the best to team Conid :D

Thank you for the insight Francis, I'll be looking forward to the new pen. Hopefully I would have saved up enough by then :unsure: :blush:. is a stainless steel version in the offing ? All the best to team Conid :D

Thanks DanceOfLight !

As for a "stainless version", what do you mean, cap and body in stainless steel?

The pen would become very heavy when doing so!

Francis

Note CONID will not offer the pen in an expensive luxury box, but use their exclusive standard "home made" black anodized aluminum box.

Bravo Francis...

Too many pens; too little writing.

I know this is off topic a little, but i have a slimline and think its fantastic. I am however digging on the Minimilista, not sure if I love the all delrin no ink window thing, but I like Parker 51's and the whole slip cap idea. Anyone own one? What do you think? My perfect size pen is somewhere between a Pelikan 400 and 600 for reference. I know all the measurements are on line, but really the shape of a pen and how it all feels is really hard from measurements. Any comments would be appreciated. My only other hesitation is the #6 nib, I'm probably the only person on the planet that likes#5 nibs better.

Thank you!

I know this is off topic a little, but i have a slimline and think its fantastic. I am however digging on the Minimilista, not sure if I love the all delrin no ink window thing, but I like Parker 51's and the whole slip cap idea. Anyone own one? What do you think? My perfect size pen is somewhere between a Pelikan 400 and 600 for reference. I know all the measurements are on line, but really the shape of a pen and how it all feels is really hard from measurements. Any comments would be appreciated. My only other hesitation is the #6 nib, I'm probably the only person on the planet that likes#5 nibs better.

Thank you!

I am waiting for my Slimline so I am glad to know you like yours. I seem to remember that I read somewhere that the Minimilistca has threads and is not a slip cap. This is either incorrect or they are inside threads.

Either way I am anxious to join the club....

the Danitrio Fellowship

The slimline is about the perfect size in my book. I can get more than 2ml in mine as well without being full 100%. The minimilista has an o ring and no threads to hold the cap on. It sits in a little groove inside the cap. I spoke to Werner about it, who by the way must be one of the nicest people on our planet. Enjoy your pen, let me know what you think.I have an all clear oen, what was your poison?

The slimline is about the perfect size in my book. I can get more than 2ml in mine as well without being full 100%. The minimilista has an o ring and no threads to hold the cap on. It sits in a little groove inside the cap. I spoke to Werner about it, who by the way must be one of the nicest people on our planet. Enjoy your pen, let me know what you think.I have an all clear oen, what was your poison?

Black cap and section, clear section. Right now It is in LA in (I assume) customs....

the Danitrio Fellowship

You'll probably haver it tomorrow if not thursday, DHL is incredibly fast because they have contracted security companies to assist in getting things through customs.

You'll probably haver it tomorrow if not thursday, DHL is incredibly fast because they have contracted security companies to assist in getting things through customs.

Don't tease me.....

the bad thing is that they normally dont deliver when I am at home, and there is no local holding facility. The nearest one is one state over.

the Danitrio Fellowship

I can't believe it, but my Slimline is in!!!!! (apologies to captain1796-you were right, it was quick from LA).

I will not be able to ink until tonight, but first impressions are that it is incredibly well made and perfectly sized and weighted.

More to come....

the Danitrio Fellowship

Congratulations Doug.

Really looking forward to hearing how you get on once you get acquainted :thumbup:

Pavoni.

Like my wife tried to tell me, being wrong isn't always so bad. Which nib did you get? I just ordered a titanium and another gold nib from conid.

Shawn

Man oh man do I love this pen!

When I intially inked it up it would skip for the first hour of writing when I would first start. I don't know if the feed needed to be soaked more. For the last hour today it appears to be working fine, and fine it is. I got the fine Titanium nib and it is just a wonder to write with. I have about 200 or so pens from years of collecting (at one point I was at 400 to 500), but this has leaped right up to the top tier. It has a jewel like quality that just does not come across in the photos. The filling system is incredible and works as advertised.

I will try and provide more details later on, but for now, unlike a number of people that feel that this is a pricy pen, I feel like it is the bargain of the decade...

Edited by Doug C

the Danitrio Fellowship

I think with the #5 feed if you have the valve closed it takes a minute to start up. Also, 1.5 mm is more than you think. I used a caliper to measure it out and all the problems went away I leave the valve open most of the time. I ran a charter today and forgot to close it and with all the shaking and bouncing it never leaked. But I experienced the same thing, once it broke in a little and I filled it a couple times it was all good. I have an 18k rhodium on mine.

I will try and provide more details later on, but for now, unlike a number of people that feel that this is a pricy pen, I feel like it is the bargain of the decade...

You're not alone in that assessment...

Too many pens; too little writing.

The anticipation is too much... When will the first edition Caiso Conid design be revealed, when will the pricing be available, when do we get to fork over our money?