New "caiso" Bulkfiller Revealed !

fountainbel

After thinking about this some more I have a better understanding for what's happening. I grew up near Detroit where a lot of cars are manufactured. Every year the auto factories would shut down for a couple weeks, giving the employees time off and allowing the factories to do maintenance and retool. This didn't change people's ability to buy cars or delay deliveries because people don't buy cars from the factory but from dealers. Komec is similar to an auto factory in that it isn't a direct to consumer company/dealer (I think).

Conid, being a hobby-shop of Komec, is likely basing decisions on the same manufacturer paradigm/business-model. The challenge is Conid is also acting as a direct to consumer dealer, where the expectations of the customer and business model are a little different (you also see evidence of this in how pre-orders are handled and charged). If the pens were sold through typical distribution channels I'm betting we as customers would be much more in the dark. A dealer could just say the pens are delayed from the manufacturer and leave it at that. As a customer I would probably assume the delay was due to high demand (common with Conid already). Having direct access to Conid the manufacturer is great but Conid's business model is not likely built around being a dealer so they don't have systems in place to act like a typical dealer (not saying that's good or bad, it just is).

When I think about the situation this way I can better understand where Conid's decision came from. I still empathize with the frustrations of those who've been waiting but I can at least better understand the problem. Shifting strategies and entering a new business (which Conid/Komec did) is hard and not without some bumps along the way. It takes time for an organization to learn the norms associated with the a business, especially when the managers might not have a lot of experience in the new strategy.

Good luck to Conid in the future. I hope to buy my first Conid soon.

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountainbel

• glassjaw003

• Tojusi

• mongrelnomad

oh (bleep).. why did I read this thread.. now I want one of these caiso.

No. Now you need one of these.

This is speaking from a Minimalistica owners point of view.

This is speaking from a Minimalistica owners point of view.

Do you have a demonstrator or black? I'm debating which one to get

I have the black Minimalistica right now and a demonstrator CASIO on order with extra nibs.

I really like the feel of the Titanium nibs they offer, so I ordered those for the one I'm waiting on.

If I were intending to order one of these pens, I would be waiting until all these issues had been resolved.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

Do you have a demonstrator or black? I'm debating which one to get

I don't have a Minimalistica (though I have regular flat top, torpedo, slimline and Kingsize); get the demonstrator. It's got a pizzazz that the delrin doesn't, and it's like a different pen every time you change the ink.

Too many pens; too little writing.

I went with the Demonstrator in the Slimline and the CAISO. The Slimline demonstrator is amazing, and watching the ink and bubble is terrific. Also, being able to see the internal mechanism is amazing.

Additionally, the material has this wonderfully soft, smooth feeling. I can't speak highly enough of it.

oh (bleep).. why did I read this thread.. now I want one of these caiso.

I feel your pain. I don't write enough to *need* a bulkfiller, but the engineer in me *wants* one.

If I start saving now maybe I'll have the $ when they're commercially available.

And kudos to Fountainbel for innovating Century-old tech.

Once our CAISO is filled with our favorite ink and putting down buttery smooth lines on our Tomoe', the wait will be quickly forgotten.

Let's be thankful the wait is not over something serious.

I'll be purchasing a Delrin Minimalistica after recieve my CAISO. I already have a demonstrator flat-top Bulkfiller. Love the feel, but I would really like to have a delrin pen. I bet it feels great in the hand, plus it looks like the Lamy 2000.

RISI SIMMS

I live in the greatest country in the world....Texas

Left to Right: Lamy 2000, Minimalistica, Nakaya Shu Portable Writer, ASA Nauka, Ranga Orange Ebonite, Ranga Black ebonite, Omas Ogiva.

http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m572/robertjwarren/IMG_0464_zpsf9blgqut.jpg

Edited by RobertJWarren

It's a small world......but I'd hate to paint it. -Stephen Wright

Minimalistica next to a Lamy 2000. Great writing pen!

http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m572/robertjwarren/IMG_0464_zpsf9blgqut.jpg

Awesome!

Edited by glassjaw003

Custom Edison Pearl Grande, Conid Bulkfiller, Delta Momo, Visconti Homo Sapiens Bronze, Franklin-Christoph Model 20, Lamy 2000.

http://i.imgur.com/3hxjoK4.jpg

This picture is huge!

Edited by glassjaw003

Nice! Thanks for posting!

It's a small world......but I'd hate to paint it. -Stephen Wright

Nice! Thanks for posting!

Thanks!

Unfortunately, the quality in that picture is not too good. I need to take a better photo with my new camera.

• 3 weeks later...

Word on the street is that CAISOs are now shipping. The wait is over!

On the Hunt For:

1) Atelier Simoni ID Demonstrator Natural Rhodium (As if it existed.)

2) Moresi 2nd Limited Edition Delta Demonstrator

3) y.y. Pen Club #4 and #10

Word on the street is that CAISOs are now shipping. The wait is over!

When you say they are now shipping, do you mean, to retailers? Or, is this a new model that's finally available to the public? Thanx😀

When you say they are now shipping, do you mean, to retailers? Or, is this a new model that's finally available to the public? Thanx

Preorders are getting filled.

On the Hunt For:

1) Atelier Simoni ID Demonstrator Natural Rhodium (As if it existed.)

2) Moresi 2nd Limited Edition Delta Demonstrator

3) y.y. Pen Club #4 and #10