New "caiso" Bulkfiller Revealed !

fountainbel

Has anyone received their CAISOs yet? I have not ordered one myself but love my regular Bulkfiller (and planning for a Minimalistica demo next) and cannot wait to see more photos and hear what you all think of these new models! :D

I don't think they're shipping yet. They're working on improving the feed so that it can handle the additional ink burden if the pen is opened at altitude.

Trying to wait patiently for my CAISO... I support their pursuit of engineering excellence.

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountainbel

• glassjaw003

• Tojusi

• mongrelnomad

I am glad Conid remain patient in the face of our impatience for the CASIO. Werner, Francis and the team are quite right to stick to the very high standards of excellence we so admire them for.

Despite the premature announcements of the CAISO's release, we must applaud Conid's refusal to compromise on their superb reputation. I have absolutely no doubt that our loyal wait for the CAISO will prove to have been worthwhile.

Once these unique pens land with us, I look forward to the sharing of reviews and seeing which types of nibs everyone has chosen. Please be sure to include a writing sample and the type of case you have selected to protect your CAISO :thumbup:

We know Conid are on it and I am sure that they will give us a situational update soon. Our investment and patience will soon be rewarded :).

Pavoni.

I'm still waiting for everyone who ordered a CAISO to sell their old Conid pens.

You won't find my regular bulkfiller up for sale!

I'll keep both!

I live in the greatest country in the world....Texas

I really hope you get one Mulrich but it might be a long wait! I'm also keeping my regular bulkfiller,

Pavoni.

I really hope you get one Mulrich but it might be a long wait! I'm also keeping my regular bulkfiller,

Pavoni.

Fortunately I can be patient on this one. I've bought a lot of pens recently so I'm on a buying hiatus unless I find the right deal (although I don't recall ever seeing a Conid on the used market so I might end my hiatus before finding one secondhand).

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Conid fans !

Good news, we finally succeeded to optimize the CAISO feed design to perfection.
This implies CONID will start making the feeds of the final design followed by finishing and assembling the pens.
Delivery of the CAISO's will start gradually as from April 11.
Our sincere thanks for your understanding and patience during this difficult but rewarding optimization process !
Best regards,
The Conid team and Francis
PS: Current reservation status :
Conid launched fabrication of a numbered series of 60 "Flat top" and 60 "Streamline" CAISO Kingsize "FPR" (First Production Run ) Bulkfillers
Up to this date 32 "Flat top" and 11 "Streamline" CAISO's are already reserved
Please contact Werner directly for availability if you have a preference for a particular number: werner@conid.be

I couldn't decide between the two models, so got one of each :D ;)

In use today: MB LeGrand Pettit Prince and Aviator, Pelikan M100N, Conid First Production Run demonstrator.

Has anyone gotten any kind of response from Conid in the last few weeks? It's radio silence for me.

On the Hunt For:

1) Atelier Simoni ID Demonstrator Natural Rhodium (As if it existed.)

2) Moresi 2nd Limited Edition Delta Demonstrator

3) y.y. Pen Club #4 and #10

I sent an email to them on 18 March and received a reply on 19 March, discussing CAISO and another order I made at the same time. In the email on 19 March (Saturday) they mentioned that more information on CAISO would follow "after the weekend": I did not hear back from them by email but Francis (fountainbel) posted the update in this thread above on 23 March.

A question, Francis, will the feeder be an ebonite one or will it be in clear acryl!

The CAISO FPR demonstrator will be equipped with a feed made from cast clear acrylic.

CONID tested both an acrylic and ebonite feed feed version and no differences in behavior were found.

Given one can see the closing valve plunger moving through the acrylic version, Conid finally opted for the acrylic feed version

Francis

Dear Conid fans !

Good news, we finally succeeded to optimize the CAISO feed design to perfection.

This implies CONID will start making the feeds of the final design followed by finishing and assembling the pens.

Delivery of the CAISO's will start gradually as from April 11.

I hope that the schedule still holds, and that the postal services will be speedy! :)

Hi all,

As you know, optimization of the CAISO feed took us some time.
For your information, these are the parameters we integrated in the final feed design:
Basic functionality requirements of a fountain pen feed :

- Feed buffer grooves should remain empty under normal writing and storage conditions

- Buffer grooves should get filled with ink when there's an overabundance of ink coming out of the barrel

- Buffer grooves should hold excess ink and - during writing - the stored ink should be used before more ink is drawn from the barrel.

If you would feel any other complementary requirements are necessary, please feel free to mention it !

Thanks in advance !
Francis

I remember hearing that shipment of the new CAISO pens was going to start on April 11th, hopefully everything is still going according to schedule! It's been a little bit of a wait, but it's all worth it.

Edited by DGH_Nomad

I remember hearing that shipment of the new CAISO pens was going to start on April 11th, hopefully everything is still going according to schedule! It's been a little bit of a wait, but it's all worth it.

Wilrijk or Conid Place is only a 45 minute drive from home, so next saturday I will collect my demonstrators ( yeah, I could not choose ) at the factory. I can assure you the people at Conid did a hell of a job in solving some teething problems with the CAISO concept. It was worth waiting.

Wilrijk or Conid Place is only a 45 minute drive from home, so next saturday I will collect my demonstrators ( yeah, I could not choose ) at the factory. I can assure you the people at Conid did a hell of a job in solving some teething problems with the CAISO concept. It was worth waiting.

When you get yours in, let us know how you like it. I'm definitely excited for mine, it was my "first" grail pen purchase.

Just received confirmation, via an email not official, of my order (#6 flat) being shipped next week.

I live in the greatest country in the world....Texas