New "caiso" Bulkfiller Revealed !

fountainbel

Hi zaddick,

Installing a MB139 or MB149 nib in combination with the new designed HR Caiso feed is no problem,I've already done this.

We will always use the dedicated Caiso feed, we can't use any other feed.

No extra installation cost if you send the nib to Conid.

Francis

Hi Francis, do you know if any Pilot nibs fit into the regular Bulkfiller? If not, what MB, Pelikan, or other brand nibs do fit? It would be great to try a few different nibs!

Congrats on getting the CAISO pens out there, they look fantastic and demonstrate your marvellous engineering!

Conid R DCB DB FT Ti & Montblanc 146 stub nib | Lamy 2000; Vista | Montblanc 90th Anni Legrand | Pelikan M800 Burnt Orange; M805 Stresemann | Pilot Prera; VP Guilloche | Visconti Fiorenza Lava LE; Homo Sapiens Bronze

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountainbel

• glassjaw003

• Tojusi

• mongrelnomad

Hi sidewinder,

The numbered Kingsize FPR CAISO demonstrator series will become available for sale January 25.

As far as i remember there will be 60 flat top versions and 60 streamline versions, so there are surely still CAISO"s available

Prices and details will be implemented on the CONID website this week.

Francis

Hi Francis, I'm not seeing the prices and other details yet on the CONID website...

Hi Francis, I'm not seeing the prices and other details yet on the CONID website...

Sorry Tojusi , somewhat delayed, but CAISO details and prices will surely be on the Conid website this week!

Francis

Hi Francis, do you know if any Pilot nibs fit into the regular Bulkfiller? If not, what MB, Pelikan, or other brand nibs do fit? It would be great to try a few different nibs!

Congrats on getting the CAISO pens out there, they look fantastic and demonstrate your marvellous engineering!

The regular Bulk filler uses a feed with a diameter of 6mm, so any classic nib which is used on a 6mm feed can be installed on the regular Bulkfiller.

Francis

CAISO is up for order!

On the Hunt For:

1) Atelier Simoni ID Demonstrator Natural Rhodium (As if it existed.)

2) Moresi 2nd Limited Edition Delta Demonstrator

3) y.y. Pen Club #4 and #10

Francis, how easy is it for an ordinary user to exchange a nib on the CAISO? Is that at all possible, or is it easy or difficult?

EDIT: I mean, of course, if one purchases to CAISO nib units of varying sizes.

Francis, how easy is it for an ordinary user to exchange a nib on the CAISO? Is that at all possible, or is it easy or difficult?

EDIT: I mean, of course, if one purchases to CAISO nib units of varying sizes.

Hi Tojusi,

No problem at all to exchange nib units on the CAISO, nib units screw in and out just as on a normal Kingsize

Still not decided ,but Conid is evaluating the possibility to include a CAISO plunger in each individual nib unit.

Doing so the plunger - which sides in the feed - can remain in place

Only drawback being a nib unit will become more expensive…...

Francis

PS : As mentioned above by kenshiro - thanks kenshiro ! - CAISO is now available on the Conid site, see

http://www.conidpen.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=collections&cat=kingsize

And now the waiting game begins... I went for the streamline with a rhodinated bold nib that gets to be ground to more interesting line variation.

CAISO is up for order!

Thank you by the way. I got the email from the forum post before I checked the website (it might have been days!)

Hi Tojusi,

No problem at all to exchange nib units on the CAISO, nib units screw in and out just as on a normal Kingsize

Still not decided ,but Conid is evaluating the possibility to include a CAISO plunger in each individual nib unit.

Doing so the plunger - which sides in the feed - can remain in place

Only drawback being a nib unit will become more expensive…...

Francis

PS : As mentioned above by kenshiro - thanks kenshiro ! - CAISO is now available on the Conid site, see

http://www.conidpen.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=collections&cat=kingsize

What do you mean by plunger? Do you mean including the rod that closes off the ink chamber when the pen is capped?

At first I thought you meant some sort of syringe attachment (the rod from the feed does remind me of the Sheaffer Snorkel) like the Visconti Mosquito attachment.

And now the waiting game begins... I went for the streamline with a rhodinated bold nib that gets to be ground to more interesting line variation.

Yup!

I went for the flattop with a rhodinated medium gold nib. I put suuuuuuupppppeeeeerrrr smooth in the comment section. :)

I live in the greatest country in the world....Texas

Hi glassjaw003,

Yes, with "the plunger" I was referring to the plunger which closes the barrel off when mounting the cap.

Update : we just decided NOT to include extra closing plungers with each nib unit.

The idea to include a closing plunger with each nib unit originated from the previous design, were we still had a return spring.

In the actual final design the spring was eliminated, and replacing the plunger became very straight forward now.

So when installing an other nib unit one pulls the closing plunger from the previous nib unit and installs it in the new one.

Francis

Thank you by the way. I got the email from the forum post before I checked the website (it might have been days!)

What do you mean by plunger? Do you mean including the rod that closes off the ink chamber when the pen is capped?
At first I thought you meant some sort of syringe attachment (the rod from the feed does remind me of the Sheaffer Snorkel) like the Visconti Mosquito attachment.

Yup!

I went for the flattop with a rhodinated medium gold nib. I put suuuuuuupppppeeeeerrrr smooth in the comment section. :)

I purchased as soon as possible, a streamline with an EF titanium nib. I can't wait to start enjoying it. The tough part will be to have patience to take photos before I fill it the first time. Patience is a virtue, and not for the faint of heart! As an engineer, I love the design and manufacturing of these pens, at least in photos!

Fountainbel - do you guys have any information to provide to those of us who purchased and are eagerly waiting in anticipation?

I purchased as soon as possible, a streamline with an EF titanium nib. I can't wait to start enjoying it. The tough part will be to have patience to take photos before I fill it the first time. Patience is a virtue, and not for the faint of heart! As an engineer, I love the design and manufacturing of these pens, at least in photos!

Fountainbel - do you guys have any information to provide to those of us who purchased and are eagerly waiting in anticipation?

You should be receiving notification soon. They have a very large number of orders coming in and they are working as quickly as they can.

You should be receiving notification soon. They have a very large number of orders coming in and they are working as quickly as they can.

Thanks for your kind reaction glassjaw003 !

As per your statement individual notifications will be transmitted shortly.

The CAISO being a novel system, it takes more time to check and fine-tune each individual pen.

And since Conid is always striving the deliver perfect pens, this takes more time compared to the standard Bulfillers.

Be assured quality control is not an idle word for Conid !

Francis

super , i would love to see it , looks great

http://www.secedu.net/stylebid.com/images/fpn/1.gif http://sweilems.com/2%20(1).png http://www.secedu.net/stylebid.com/images/fpn/letter.png

It's a very nice pen and a very interesting system. I've seen it in real life (protoptypes) at the last CONID day. Impressive (as is all there at the Conid/Helsen factory!)

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

• 2 weeks later...

Is anybody else getting anxious to receive the new CAISO? I recently ran across a Montblanc thread showing 149 demonstrators. There is no comparison between the Conid demonstrator and those from Montblanc! I understand that the Montblanc 149 demonstrators were not for sale, but they are nowhere close in quality to the Conid. The attention to detail on the Conid demonstrators is amazing! Detail photos of the Conid pens show that nothing is left unfinished. I have bought and sold thousands of dollars worth of fountain pens over the last 10 years, and fully expect the CAISO to be the first that compels me to write a review so that others can appreciate it as well.

Edited by brad7k

I as anxious as could be. I cannot wait!

So obviously, the waiting is killing me!

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone received their CAISOs yet? I have not ordered one myself but love my regular Bulkfiller (and planning for a Minimalistica demo next) and cannot wait to see more photos and hear what you all think of these new models! :D

Conid R DCB DB FT Ti & Montblanc 146 stub nib | Lamy 2000; Vista | Montblanc 90th Anni Legrand | Pelikan M800 Burnt Orange; M805 Stresemann | Pilot Prera; VP Guilloche | Visconti Fiorenza Lava LE; Homo Sapiens Bronze

Has anyone received their CAISOs yet? I have not ordered one myself but love my regular Bulkfiller (and planning for a Minimalistica demo next) and cannot wait to see more photos and hear what you all think of these new models! :D

I don't think they're shipping yet. They're working on improving the feed so that it can handle the additional ink burden if the pen is opened at altitude.

Trying to wait patiently for my CAISO... I support their pursuit of engineering excellence.