The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Baoer 701 With Hooded Nib

baoer review china cheap 1 dollar dollar hooded nib baoer 701

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 phillieskjk

phillieskjk

Drowning in Impulse Buys

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 January 2015 - 03:19

First Impressions (8)
For a dollar forty, I wasn’t expecting much, but this pen proved to be a great value for the price.  It is a true fine nib, and I have not had any problems with it thusfar.

Appearance (9)
The design of this pen is a gold gridded body with a black cap, black section, and a steel hooded nib.  The pen feels less wide in person than it appears in the photos.

Construction (8)
This pen has seemingly very good build quality for a Chinese pen.  It is made of metal and is a little heavy, I don’t have an exact weight but it feels like it is about the same weight as my Jinhao x450.

Nib (5)
The nib on this pen is a fine hooded steel nib. It has no flex, and is a little bit scratchy, but it is still usable, and I was able to make it a little bit smoother after a bit of tweaking. (Brown paper bag).  Although this is not very descriptive, this nib did not seem very wet or very dry, and is in the middle.  If I had to pick one side I would say that it is just a little bit wet.

Filling System (4)
This pen takes standard international cartridges or a converter.  It ships with a screw converter.  I am not sure whether it is my pen or my converter, but I can never fill the converter more than about 2/3 full, which makes it a lot less practical as it needs to be filled much more often. I will update this once I get a chance to see whether it is the pen or just the converter.

Cost and Value (10)
This pen is about as good of a deal as you can get, I got mine for 1.40 USD shipped from EBay.  The buy it now price is around $7, but you can easily get it for cheaper in in auction with patience.

Conclusion (7)
All in all, this is a great pen for the price.  The nib is a little scratchy, but it is not that bad.  The design is excellent and the build quality is great for a pen of its price.  For $1.40, it is all you could want and more.

Pictures Below (Sorry for small size)

$_14.JPG$_14.JPG$_14.JPG$_14.JPG$_14.JPG

Check out more of my reviews at my website

Sponsored Content

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: baoer, review, china, cheap, 1 dollar, dollar, hooded nib, baoer 701

Sponsored Content

|