The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Announcement: New Privacy Policy
Please note that as of today, May 25, 2018, a new Privacy & Cookie Policy is in force, compliant with the GDPR. By continuing to use FPN, you accept this new policy.
You may find the new policy by clicking the button or link at the bottom of each page called "Privacy Policy", or alternatively by clicking below:

New Privacy Policy
***** The FPN Admin Team *****

Photo

Cross Nibs

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 adamselene

adamselene

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 18:04

The Cross Website used to sell lots more nibs than they do now, and had great pictures of the nibs. The engraving psttern was specific for each type nib, and there were excellent photos. Anyone have a copy of that photo chart?

I am not sure, but I think gold content was "coded" with the rngraving, but could be wrong.

Sponsored Content

#2 sharmon202

sharmon202

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 January 2015 - 22:39

Since Sailor is making their nibs now things may have changed.

Grace and peace to you

:) 

#3 RMN

RMN

Ancient Artifact

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,711 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 January 2015 - 21:44

Not sure Sailor is making ALL their nibs.

Reportedly they do the Peerless nibs.

D.ick

~

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

#4 whoelse

whoelse

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 January 2015 - 08:13

Sailor and by Pelikan.

#5 Poision Pen

Poision Pen

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 December 2017 - 15:01

My Townsend medium writes like my never used Pelikan......way to heavy!
Nakaya Aka-tamenuri Long Cigar, standard fine two tone nib/ Nakaya Aka-tamenuri Piccolo, soft medium stub in two tone/ Nakaya Aka-tamenuri Neo Standard, medium cursive italic/ Sailor Pro Gear fine/ Sailor Pro Gear medium cursive italic/ Pelikan M800 extra fine/ 1954 Monte Rosa medium left oblique/ Nakaya Naka-ai, medium left oblique, Heki-Tamenuri/Sailor Realo ll, medium left oblique/ Cross Townsend “Year Of The Rooster” medium/ Pilot Vanishing Point, fine.

#6 Poision Pen

Poision Pen

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 December 2017 - 16:35

Looking at the Nib’s website I see that the Townsend nibs come from Germany, so that confirms it for me. If it writes like a Pelikan, it is a Pelikan!
Nakaya Aka-tamenuri Long Cigar, standard fine two tone nib/ Nakaya Aka-tamenuri Piccolo, soft medium stub in two tone/ Nakaya Aka-tamenuri Neo Standard, medium cursive italic/ Sailor Pro Gear fine/ Sailor Pro Gear medium cursive italic/ Pelikan M800 extra fine/ 1954 Monte Rosa medium left oblique/ Nakaya Naka-ai, medium left oblique, Heki-Tamenuri/Sailor Realo ll, medium left oblique/ Cross Townsend “Year Of The Rooster” medium/ Pilot Vanishing Point, fine.

#7 adamselene

adamselene

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 06:43

Maybe someone with better photography than myself could post photos of the engravings on the different Townsend nibs please?

I like the two-tone 18k rhodium very well.

Sponsored Content

|