Amazon Glitch? Vendor Error?

Guernseytim

I spotted this, and placed my order.

For some reason a pelikan M600 is being marketed sub £10.

I've ordered one in the hope it's real, and in the knowledge it's through Amazon so there's some security.

Make up your own mind, but don't be too greedy :-)

Pelikan Fountain Pen Souverän M600 - Black & Blue - OM

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0043UWWFE/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_SH2Vub1JFAEBA

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0043UWWFE/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_SH2Vub1JFAEBA

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Guernseytim

• Chrissy

• stoof2010

• Left FPN

Oh, looked on my computer and there's an Amazon.com review. I bought from .co.uk.

Might cancel the order lol

Must be different on the U.S. site...

http://i57.tinypic.com/m93z1g.jpg

http://i57.tinypic.com/20i6plj.jpg

Somewhat similar is: ASIN B00D0Y7IBW

The decription says: 3776 West Lake Crystal SAI in character Purachinaman'nenhitsu # (M) PNB-18000 # 4-3 (japan import)

Albeit Platinum is not mentioned the model number correspond to a #3776 Sai. There are several vendors at around £15.

How do I report to amazon.co.uk?

Just checked again (at 1:00pm, EST - USA). Here's what it says & shows:

Link to American Amazon = picture and description are consistent. Retail price is wrong. One review/comment.

Link to UK Amazon = Title, description and retail price are of pen. Picture and Amazon price for converter.

The powers that be do not seem to have made the appropriate changes, yet.

Darn.

My ink-swap post(s) become out of date eventually. My signature is always current. If you want to swap some ink, here's what I have: Diamine: Ancient Copper, Oxblood, Poppy Red, Red Dragon, Sherwood Green; Iroshizuku: Kon-peki, Ku-jaku, Take-sumi; Noodlers: 54th Mass, BSB, Purple Martin, X-Feather, Widow Maker; Private Reserve: Blue Suede. I'm partial to highly saturated inks, but am open to suggestions. PM if interested.

Changes have been made - a pen is now photographed.

I'm wondering what the rules are when someone lists a pen, shows photographs of a pen, are they entering a binding contract to sell you a pen? I'm pretty certain they are.

It'd most likely just be a refund and a waste of steep postage charges

http://i60.tinypic.com/2exm0eq.jpg

Somewhat similar is: ASIN B00D0Y7IBW

The decription says: 3776 West Lake Crystal SAI in character Purachinaman'nenhitsu # (M) PNB-18000 # 4-3 (japan import)

Albeit Platinum is not mentioned the model number correspond to a #3776 Sai. There are several vendors at around £15.

How do I report to amazon.co.uk?

Get them to phone you. If you go on and click Contact Us, they will call you on a UK number.

Changes have been made - a pen is now photographed.

I'm wondering what the rules are when someone lists a pen, shows photographs of a pen, are they entering a binding contract to sell you a pen? I'm pretty certain they are.

It'd most likely just be a refund and a waste of steep postage charges

I have reported this to Amazon, and yesterday I was advised that the seller had promised to change it.

So the seller now knows what he is selling at what price and has had ample opportunity to change it if he wants to.

Edited by Chrissy

I have reported this to Amazon, and yesterday I was advised that the seller had promised to change it.

So the seller now knows what he is selling at what price and has had ample opportunity to change it if he wants to.

I had a similar email having reported the image discrepancy.

I'd like one of these but I'm dubious as to whether I'd receive it if I placed the order.

I had a similar email having reported the image discrepancy.

I'd like one of these but I'm dubious as to whether I'd receive it if I placed the order.

The only problem that I foresee is that if you received a converter whether you would have to return it with tracking to the US or not.

The seller has been given information that his advert isn't right, and he's had plenty of time to correct it. It takes less than 1 minute to change an ad on Amazon.

I wish I knew what would happen, and I am trying to find out. Someone is ringing me back

I've been reviewing the item, if it's materially different to the listing then I'd be entitled to both price and postage refund. Backed up by amazon's a-z guarantee.

I've been reviewing the item, if it's materially different to the listing then I'd be entitled to both price and postage refund. Backed up by amazon's a-z guarantee.

Absolutely you would. But would you have to return the item? To the US?

Absolutely you would. But would you have to return the item? To the US?

Yes, but that's not too expensive.

I'd like to think that the seller would double check the order before selling and cancel it if it's wrong, rather than sending out something totally incorrect.