Kaweco Art Sport Fountain Pens 40% Off

PenChalet

We have a limited selection of the Kaweco ART Sport fountain pens at 40% Off while supplies last in the following colors:

http://www.penchalet.com/images/products/enlarge/10972-Aksehir.jpg

http://www.penchalet.com/images/products/enlarge/10972-Amecitrin.jpg

http://www.penchalet.com/images/products/enlarge/10972-Amethyst.jpg

http://www.penchalet.com/images/products/enlarge/10972-Granit.jpg

http://www.penchalet.com/images/products/enlarge/10972-Lapis.jpg

http://www.penchalet.com/images/products/enlarge/10972-Rosit.jpg

http://www.penchalet.com/images/logo-amazon.jpg

www.penchalet.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HollyGolightly

• Barkingpig

• Ayami_109

• PabloAU

I don't think the amber model ever made it to market. I ordered one from Europe pre-release, and had to be refunded when they didn't turn up at the retailer. :(

That makes 2 of us as I like the yellow as well....& after finally getting the amber (including a hefty $30 for shipping!) when it was discontinued..... I still look admiringly @ that yellow.........as long as they don't change their nib availability I should be okay. BUT having two of the regular Sports & the AL Sport I DO think these Arts are worth the difference in finish.

Confused here... I thought the "amber" and yellow were the same.. Is there another amber/yellow looking one???

and Yes.... I would love that yellow one... :wub: :wub:

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Confused here... I thought the "amber" and yellow were the same.. Is there another amber/yellow looking one???

and Yes.... I would love that yellow one... :wub: :wub:

C.

The amber pen is basically brown with chips/flecks of black and amber colored plastic, from what I can see from photos; here is a photo from the Kaweco site:

http://www.kaweco-pen.com/img/produkte/art-sport/kaweco-amber-fh.png

Too bad this color has been discontinued - or sold out, whichever the case may be; I think I like this color best of all of the choices. But, that is a great price from Pen Chalet for a Kaweco ART Sport.

Me, I am holding out for a vintage piston-filling Kaweco Sport; never have the $$ when one actually comes up for sale (mostly see them on German eBay, in my experience) so I imagine it will remain on my wishlist for a long time to come!

Holly

Edited by OakIris

Yes they are different models: the amber is a Tortoise/brown pen that was an earlier Art Sport edition & "sold out" by April 2014 when I first saw it. I got mine from SBRE Brown & he has since sold the second one! ( I believe it is probably still listed on his sale listings but as "sold.") The "yellow" pen shown on Pen Chalet's site is called "Amecitin" on the Kaweco home site. I had originally thought I would "settle" for it as my second choice when I couldn't seem to find the amber one for sale. Another posting here made reference to the Amber & said they believed it had in fact "sold out" in Europe & was not in fact sold in the US. I have no clue but have only seen the two for sale @ SBRE Brown's site.

It is ALL confusing but as long as we get all the pens we want after seeing them then I guess it is okay! I only hope I have the willpower to NOT order a yellow/amecitrin & then either order the BB nib from Jet Pens or try & get the 14KT nib they have recently released that even though they do not say it will fit the "SPORT" models SBRE Brown says can be used on them. THAT seems a bit more "confusion" than I am able to cope with!

BUT I still say you should have it to go with your purple one if you want it ( said the person who just bought a yellow pen case to provide a home for a yellow pen that I have not even received yet! ) I believe Ghost Plane signed a post recently: " Enablers-R-Us! " & I thought it was surely true. I just want to provide the support so many have done for me!

Edited by Barkingpig

Yes they are different models: the amber is a Tortoise/brown pen that was an earlier Art Sport edition & "sold out" by April 2014 when I first saw it. I got mine from SBRE Brown & he has since sold the second one! ( I believe it is probably still listed on his sale listings but as "sold.") The "yellow" pen shown on Pen Chalet's site is called "Amecitin" on the Kaweco home site. I had originally thought I would "settle" for it as my second choice when I couldn't seem to find the amber one for sale. Another posting here made reference to the Amber & said they believed it had in fact "sold out" in Europe & was not in fact sold in the US. I have no clue but have only seen the two for sale @ SBRE Brown's site.

It is ALL confusing but as long as we get all the pens we want after seeing them then I guess it is okay! I only hope I have the willpower to NOT order a yellow/amecitrin & then either order the BB nib from Jet Pens or try & get the 14KT nib they have recently released that even though they do not say it will fit the "SPORT" models SBRE Brown says can be used on them. THAT seems a bit more "confusion" than I am able to cope with!

BUT I still say you should have it to go with your purple one if you want it ( said the person who just bought a yellow pen case to provide a home for a yellow pen that I have not even received yet! ) I believe Ghost Plane signed a post recently: " Enablers-R-Us! " & I thought it was surely true. I just want to provide the support so many have done for me!

SO funny, I nearly purchased SBREBrown's other pen but when I went to email him the day after I saw it for sale, it said it was sold (and then I sulked about it). It's definitely my color of choice, and can't see myself purchasing any of the others, though they are lovely! They're just simply not for me! It's a shame there was such a limited run of them. Sometimes I think companies do those things on purpose. Boo!

I like the look of the purple and blue, for sure and the price listed seems like a great deal, as far as I can tell.

- The poster formerly known as HollyGolightly

I would love to buy one of these in either Amber or the Purple. Alas, Pen Chalet no longer has the purple available.