• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• flummoxed

• joly1

• hari317

• mrmohitmishra

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Flummoxed, you may have a deal! Actually I have some lovely dip pen points if you're interested, not quite sure what I can lay hands on in the way of FP nibs.

Perfecto! Please do let me know what other things you might need from here, I'm pretty sure the price differential is currently very high and in my favour. Lets exchange details over a PM?

Could you please let us know when they respond?

sure ,I will but they seem to sell batches of 100 at minimum, which is a lot just for testing ! :)

sure ,I will but they seem to sell batches of 100 at minimum, which is a lot just for testing ! :)

update, I have just received two answers, I will tell you if they accept to ship just one set

I found a few stationery stores in Ahmedabad, but only selling ballpoint pens - including 'Fountain Pen Depot', which had no fountain pens! Yes, looked around Teen Darwaza but without much success. However I may have missed a few places as it was holiday time.

I had much more success getting really really good falooda and excellent lassi and juices. :-)

Too many pens, too little time!

http://fountainpenlove.blogspot.fr/

I've inked them and used them for a week now and they have a couple of problems,

- when it is fully inked, the pen drops blobs of ink onto the paper

- it skips a little after the blobbing

I'm guessing it is because there is too much of a gap between the feed and the nib. Would have liked to post a picture, but I'm not good at macro photography (or photography for that matter).

Here is a quick sketch instead,

fpn_1422100240__nibalighnment.jpg

I know it isn't the clearest of descriptions, but the problems as I visually inspect are,

1. The curvature of the solid, unfinned feed is not uniform on both sides.

2. The angles that have been cut at the edges are not the same.

3. The gap between the feed and nib is larger than the other pens I currently have.

Any suggestions?

Could you please let us know when they respond?

since my first inquiry to which they answered very fast, I told them I was only interested in one unit, they kept silent, clearly they do not want to go into retail sales, so no pen for european pen lovers :(

I ordered a couple of FPs from a manufacturer/brand called Khyati from Rajkot (Gujrat, India). They market the pens as sketching pens and as made from "ebony" (which I'm guessing is ebonite). The pens are priced at ₹80 (approximately 1.3 USD) per pen, I bought two of them that were sold as a pack on Ebay India.

Only $1.3 USD. I guess they do not pay their employees much money!

since my first inquiry to which they answered very fast, I told them I was only interested in one unit, they kept silent, clearly they do not want to go into retail sales, so no pen for european pen lovers :(

Well, you could have ordered two!

By the way, cool sketch!

Thank you.

Well, you could have ordered two!

Thank you.

two is not even enough,they want to sell by numbers, 100 at least,as I said ,way too much just for testing

two is not even enough,they want to sell by numbers, 100 at least,as I said ,way too much just for testing

I guess they still function as a manufacturer and don't want to sell directly to the customer. Where do you live (France as your profile indicates, or do I have the wrong flag)? Maybe one of us from India can ship it to you.

Only $1.3 USD. I guess they do not pay their employees much money!

Minimum wages in America is around 15000$ annually. In India its around 700$ annually. So, yeah, I guess you are correct.

Very nice sketch.

However, even for sketching, cant say how added benefit this "sektching pen" may give over a comparably better fountain pen.

I put my savings to test

Lamy & Pilot FPs the Best

No more I even think of the rest

(Preference Fine and Extra Fine Nibs)

Pen is meant for writing - not for looking :-)

I've been using it since I've received it, apart from the very thin line that it provides, I must confess that there are absolutely no other advantages to it. I've had trouble fixing the problem of blobs of ink dropping on the paper while using it (Burping isn't it?).

So far I've been using it as a dip pen.

A more traditional description of sketch pen might be satisfied by this

16399651106_2807504050_z.jpg

Pilot Petit 2

I have the Petit 3 also, which is a "Brush pen" - but unable to locate it currently.

I put my savings to test

Lamy & Pilot FPs the Best

No more I even think of the rest

(Preference Fine and Extra Fine Nibs)

Pen is meant for writing - not for looking :-)

I've been using it since I've received it, apart from the very thin line that it provides, I must confess that there are absolutely no other advantages to it. I've had trouble fixing the problem of blobs of ink dropping on the paper while using it (Burping isn't it?).

So far I've been using it as a dip pen.

Something of a problem for eye-dropper pens. The heat of you hand warms the barrel, if there is a significant amount of air in the barrel the air expands, pushing out some of the ink. Either you need to occasionally equalize the pressure in some fashion, or just keep the pen as full of ink as possible.

A more traditional description of sketch pen might be satisfied by this

16399651106_2807504050_z.jpg

Pilot Petit 2

I have the Petit 3 also, which is a "Brush pen" - but unable to locate it currently.

Yes, I've only used brush pens very very briefly, but I did enjoy them. I'm yet to own one though.

Something of a problem for eye-dropper pens. The heat of you hand warms the barrel, if there is a significant amount of air in the barrel the air expands, pushing out some of the ink. Either you need to occasionally equalize the pressure in some fashion, or just keep the pen as full of ink as possible.

I've read about this being the problem with eye-droppers, but the other EDs dont seem to do this even when the ink is only half. This pen seems to do it even when full!