• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• TheRealScubaSteve

• HalloweenHJB

• musicman123

This color is EXCEPTIONAL. Rich "cadet" blue. Not my normal preferred blue color, but this seems very attractive.

fpn_1421546269__dbs.jpeg

Blacks and grays are definitely NOT my top inks. So this one will appeal to those who like that color range, but I don't particularly love it.

fpn_1421546286__mvbb.jpeg

And finally, a medium gray that is supposed to be black. Like the other Williamsburg inks, this one leaves a lot to be desired.

fpn_1421546306__williamsburg_black.jpeg

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/2015-Inklings/2015-Ink_0052.jpg

Sad, isn't it?

Inked up my Nemosine with Sterling Violet. The next day the pen wouldn't write at all without being primed, i would say that diluting would probably be necessary.

http://i.imgur.com/JkyEiJW.png

IMG_20150117_182957.jpg

Funny. Exactly right!!

Charles, we are thinking of you!!

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Inked up my Nemosine with Sterling Violet. The next day the pen wouldn't write at all without being primed, i would say that diluting would probably be necessary.

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/2015-Pens/20150110_145418.jpgSterling Violet....

Instructions: 1 package per 1 quart which is 32 fluid ounces.

Mixed at 1 full package in 16 fluid ounces.

You will want to dilute.

I should have checked to see which ink we were encouraged to dilute, and this may NOT have been one of them. I added water, and it came out very light. But then, it is a vintage ink, so maybe it needs to "rest" after being diluted...

fpn_1421520864__sterling_violet.jpeg

I think this one is going to need some flow enhancer. When diluted it is washed out, when full strength it is cloggy.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

This color is EXCEPTIONAL. Rich "cadet" blue. Not my normal preferred blue color, but this seems very attractive.

fpn_1421546269__dbs.jpeg

This ink is my personal EDC.

OK, I give up. What's the color of "IG"??

fpn_1421546213__ig-ink.jpeg

You must look for the designation after IG.

IG-GG - Iron Gall Green Gold by KWZI

IG-G3 - Iron Gall Green #3 by KWZI

IG-M - Iron Gall Mandarin by KWZI

IG-O - Iron Gall Orange by KWZI

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/2014-Inklings/2014-Ink_2171.jpg

I think this one is going to need some flow enhancer. When diluted it is washed out, when full strength it is cloggy.

For sure. I noticed decreased flow in less than two minutes in an otherwise wet Jinhao. Colors are off (too blue) but here it is nonetheless. It seems very water resistant. The spot at the lower left was rubbed vigorously and ended up tearing the paper before moving ink.

IMG_20150117_222240.jpg

The Enidama is my favorite of the bunch of inks I got! I has an interesting effect with the color of it (at least in the swab) that I say I haven't seen before. The ink behaves quite well and I didn't notice any bleed through with the very wet swab on 28lb paper.

http://felixjen.com/files/Inks/Samples/Enidama%20Blue-Black.JPG

fpn_1434432647__fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pinks-bottle_200x159.jpg

Check out my blog at Inks and Pens

Here is the famous DragonToots Turquoise that is so raved about. I actually throughly enjoyed the swab on this one! At 100% it is a very very saturated color and is extremely flat. I diluted a small amount to 50% and it still was quite saturated and did not lose any of the hue.

Here is the ink at 100%. Notice that no sheen was present.

http://felixjen.com/files/Inks/Samples/DragonToots%20Turqoise.JPG

Here is the ink at 50%. You can clearly see a nice sheen which leans to reddish and silver-ish. I think I am going to dilute the rest of the ink to this concentration as well.

http://felixjen.com/files/Inks/Samples/DragonToots%20Turqoise%20Sheen.JPG

Amber's favorite ink, DromGoole's Blue-Steel, also proves to be quite a nice deep blue color which I don't see very often. This ink is not quite a blue-black which is nice because it is not too dark, but dark enough for assignments and other important things. It behaves quite nicely with no bleed through or feather on my regular 28lb paper which is good. It seemed like the ink was just going to sheen but it didn't. Aw well. I guess we can't have everything.

http://felixjen.com/files/Inks/Samples/Dromgoole%20Blue-Steel.JPG

Williamsburg Black is up next. A more appropriate name for this ink should be Williamsburg Medium-Gray, as it is a medium-gray. I'm honestly not a great fan of blacks and grays, as I see them as a bit boring. However, this ink probably will find its way into my lineup as it behaves adequately well. I'm not sure if too much water was added to this one or the color is this gray though. Not going to test it.

http://felixjen.com/files/Inks/Samples/Williamsburg%20Black.JPG

Another Williamsburg was the Williamsburg Red. This one suffered similar problems with the color as the Black. The color is very unsaturated and comes out as a light pink color, like coral. I actually like this pink color, as I don't have one in my collection yet. This isn't quite red so I think I will be able to use it for assignments as well, without it conflicting with teachers' corrections. Sadly, I only got 2mL of this one, as it is quite nice.

If anyone doesn't want it, I will gladly take it off their hands!

http://felixjen.com/files/Inks/Samples/Williamsburg%20Red.JPG

The Williamsburg Blue, as you probably guessed, had the same issue as the other 2. The color is very light and unsaturated. This ink is also VERY translucent when it is actually on the paper, as I can clearly see the dots of my paper under it. This color is mildly interesting, and I'm not too sure what I think about it.

http://felixjen.com/files/Inks/Samples/Williamsburg%20Blue.JPG

DragonToots Red is a nice deep red color, and heavily saturated at 100%. I have not tried this one at 50% but I believe it will be similar in performance to the Turquoise. Due to the saturation of this color, there was some noticeable show through on my regular 28lb paper, but it wouldn't turn off this ink for me.

http://felixjen.com/files/Inks/Samples/DragonToots%20Red.JPG