Super Pinks - Operation Stone Age

amberleadavis

Super Pinks are the Powdered INK testers. In prior missions, this special ops team has been responsible for beta testing great inks like Blue Balls. The team has zero fatalities, but some have been injured in Wal*Marts. Those members have been retrieved by team alpha, but that's another story.

This mission is code named Operation Stone Age.

The SuperPinks have received or will receive 10 inks. These are the mission logs.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• TheRealScubaSteve

• HalloweenHJB

• musicman123

Sergeant Sinistral1, Please upload a picture of our mascot, Beta Charlie.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Inks every SuperPink will receive:

1. Enidama - Webster Diamine Blue Black - Powder mixed to be Ink.
  2. W-Red - Colonial Williamsburg Ink - Powder mixed to be Ink.
  3. W-Blue - Colonial Williamsburg Ink - Powder mixed to be Ink.
  4. W-Black - Colonial Williamsburg Ink - Powder mixed to be Ink.
  5. SV - Sterling Violet - Powder mixed to be Ink.
  6. DTT - Dragon Toots Turquoise - Powder mixed to be Ink.
  7. DTR - Dragon Toots Red - Powder mixed to be Ink.
  8. T2 - Thistle Batch 2 - Powder mixed to be Ink.
  9. T1 - Thistle Batch 1 - Powder mixed to be Ink.
  10. DBS - Dromgoole's Blue Steel (Amber's Every Day Carry Ink)

Ink Samples that may have been included:

• Blk-Rub - Rubinato - Black - Sandlewood Scent
  • Rub-Tur - Rubinato - Turquoise Lavender Scent
  • R P - Rubinato - Green - Pine Scent
  • 2 - This Akkerman bottle in cabinet was labeled with the number two. I think it may be Blue Cashmere. We will have to see. I will include these last.
  • T1 - This is the original batch of Thistle that I had on hand from the last time I mixed it up.
  • BA - Blue Amber (Blackstone / Susemai)
  • MB - Magic Bream - This is a mix of Magic Cashmere and Concord Bream. It is a beautiful and waterproof mix.
  • LV - So, this was another Akkerman bottle, but I don't think it is the Akkerman ink, I think it is Black Balled or Black Amber it's not black cat. It is something black. These will be next to last.
  • NIP - Nostalgic Impressions Purple - this stuff has great sheen and it is cloggy and stains everything. Nevertheless the last time I sent it out, it received rave reviews.
  • MGB - Montegrappa Blue (expensive to acquire)
  • MVBB - Monteverde Blue Black
  • 23 - This actually is #23 Akkerman (it looks a lot like Diamine Chocolate)
  • DBS - Dromgoole's Blue Steel *** Remind me to tell you about the bottle
  • IG-GG - Iron Gall Green Gold by KWZI
  • IG-G3 - Iron Gall Green #3 by KWZI
  • IG-M - Iron Gall Mandarin by KWZI
  • IG - O - Iron Gall Orange by KWZI
  • IG - R - Iron Gall Red by KWZI
  • T-S - Toucan Scarlet my favorite of the Toucan inks.

BTW - Sterling Violet was made as a powdered ink between 1922 and 1926 in Minneapolis, MN. We believe that the Enidama/Webster Blue Black is also nearly 100 years old and was made as a powder in England. It is the ancestor to Diamine ink. Both Dragontoot Red and Turquoise are antique, but we don't know their exact age and believe they were made as a powder in Australia. We've been haunting garage sales and eBay for these inky treasures!

Breathe. Take one step at a time. Don't sweat the small stuff. You're not getting older, you are only moving through time. Be calm and positive.

• Blk-Rub - Rubinato - Black - Sandlewood Scent
  • Rub G - Rubinato - Green - Pine Scent
  • 2 - This Akkerman bottle in cabinet was labeled with the number two. I think it may be Blue Cashmere. We will have to see. I will include these last.
  • T1 - This is the original batch of Thistle that I had on hand from the last time I mixed it up.
  • BA - Blue Amber (Blackstone / Susemai)
  • MB - Magic Bream - This is a mix of Magic Cashmere and Concord Bream. It is a beautiful and waterproof mix.
  • LV - So, this was another Akkerman bottle, but I don't think it is the Akkerman ink, I think it is Black Balled or Black Amber it's not black cat. It is something black. These will be next to last.
  • NIP - Nostalgic Impressions Purple - this stuff has great sheen and it is cloggy and stains everything. Nevertheless the last time I sent it out, it received rave reviews.
  • MGB - Montegrappa Blue (expensive to acquire)
  • MVBB - Monteverde Blue Black
  • 23 - This actually is #23 Akkerman (it looks a lot like Diamine Chocolate)
  • IG-GG - Iron Gall Green Gold by KWZI
  • IG-G3 - Iron Gall Green #3 by KWZI
  • IG-M - Iron Gall Mandarin by KWZI
  • IG - O - Iron Gall Orange by KWZI
  • IG - R - Iron Gall Red by KWZI
  • T-S - Toucan Scarlet my favorite of the Toucan inks.

Can't wait! To paraphrase Auntie Mame: "What adventures we'll have! Doors will be opened --doors we never even dreamed existed..." :)

IMG_20150114_231233.jpg

There are also 50% diluted.

IMG_20150114_233143.jpgIMG_20150114_233228.jpg

Edited by TheRealScubaSteve

IMG_20150114_231233.jpg

There are also 50% diluted.

IMG_20150114_233143.jpgIMG_20150114_233228.jpg

That sheen looks kinda crusty in the picture. How is it in real life? Very noticeable?

fpn_1434432647__fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pinks-bottle_200x159.jpg

Check out my blog at Inks and Pens

Charlie the Betta Fish:

fpn_1421364407__image.jpg

Breathe. Take one step at a time. Don't sweat the small stuff. You're not getting older, you are only moving through time. Be calm and positive.

That's a great looking mascot for beta testers.

Just got my inks today! Can't wait to start testing!

The only one that had an issue during shipping was sterling violet. Seems like the cap was a bit leaky.

Edited by benay148

http://i.imgur.com/JkyEiJW.png

That sheen looks kinda crusty in the picture. How is it in real life? Very noticeable?

The "border" of higher saturation is very noticeable, but does not look like a very different color unless turned towards a light source. I edit my pictures with high detail/texture so that probably accounts for the crust.

Looking forward to receipt of these!! :)

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

The "border" of higher saturation is very noticeable, but does not look like a very different color unless turned towards a light source. I edit my pictures with high detail/texture so that probably accounts for the crust.

Cool! This is one of the tops for me to try out once it gets here.

<p>

Tell us about the bottle!!!!!

Tell us about the bottle!!!!!

We have a message in the bottle.

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for lunch, liberty is a well armed sheep contesting the vote.

attributed to Ben Franklin

BTW, I added phenol to the Williamsburg inks.

Mixing --

2 oz per package.

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/2015-Pens/20150110_145418.jpgSterling Violet....

Instructions: 1 package per 1 quart which is 32 fluid ounces.

Mixed at 1 full package in 16 fluid ounces.

You will want to dilute.

So, I mixed up the red and the turquoise. Each time, I mixed the entire package with 60 ml of water so everyone gets 2 ml. Here is the text of the ebay post.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/VINTAGE-J-ANGUS-INK-BOTTLE-FILLED-TURQUOISE-INK-POWDER-DIP-PENS-LETTERING-DRAW-/151547413553?ssPageName=ADME:SS:SS:US:1120

I am an over 15 year Australian eBay seller, bid with confidence

my feedback speaks for me. With many repeat buyers.

NEW

VINTAGE NEW/UNUSED/UNOPENED

CABIN BOTTLE J ANGUS filled with TURQUOISE INK POWDER.

Note: I have been told that this ink is wonderful as varying shades of water colour.

(note: BOTTLES VARY, SO does the ribbon tied around the neck. buyers that have purchased this ink love it, see the feedback)

This ink COMES in powdered ink form, as it was originally, instructions to

make up this ink are on the bottle. makes 1 pint ink. (I suggest, just making a little at a time to use)

also make it up into another bottle with a screw top on it.

I can send this ink in a little Satchel, if that is how you would prefer it, same price, but only $3.00 postage,

same amount of the Ink Powder, as this is the last bottle that I have left.

just email me before paying so I can adjust the invoice makes it cheaper for you, and you have to take

it out of the bottle anyway to use, and make it up. .

I am down sizing so a lot of my surplus ITEMS must go.

.. Please email me with any questions. I consider the photo to be part of the description.

Postage & Packing $7.60 to anywhere in Australia.

Please add $4.00 for Registration if you have any doubts re postage, it is up to you.

I am happy to combine items to save on shipping.

INTERNATIONAL POST - $14.90 AUD.

IMPORTANT: Once the item is handed over to Australia Post, as the Seller I cannot be held responsible for the Delivery of the items. There may be a very small risk that your item could get lost or damaged in the post , by not accepting to take out registration or insurance you accept this risk .You accept that the seller does not issue refunds for items lost or damaged in the post, this is an Auction always remember that. Items are sold as is..Also please ask lots of questions before bidding as I do not have a return policy..happy to help always.. Please check out MY OTHER AUCTIONS, because I am clearing out many items, that have been in storage for years, you never know what TREASURES, I will list next from AUDIO books, BOOKS to Pens, nibs, inks, TRADING CARDS..cOMPUTER & PLAYSTATION GAMES, even some Decorative PAPER, LOTS more ITEMS to list, etc.. so please check back often as IT all takes TIME....

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTEyMlgxMTEw/z/5vcAAOSw91NTsjYg/$_57.JPG