The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Is This Mont Blanc Pen Real, Please?

mont blanc fake mont blank gold mont blanc mont blanc meisterstuck

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 loretta800

loretta800

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 January 2015 - 06:42

Hi. I am new to collecting Mont Blanc pens. Can anyone please tell me if this is real? I found it very unusual that it came in clear plastic case! ??? ANY info on this pen would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks!

Loretta

Attached Images

• MONT BLANC PEN.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 luckduck369

luckduck369

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 January 2015 - 07:07

No, it's a fake, unfortunately.

#3 OngL

OngL

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 January 2015 - 07:47

I have not seen this type of packaging and the font 'Mont Blanc' seems odd.

#4 SE1980

SE1980

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 January 2015 - 07:52

Yes it's a counterfeit and even the pen is a bad fake.

Lamy 2000 FP, PP, BP, MFP & RB. Mont Blanc Meisterstück 161 Le Grand Platinum BP & Heritage 1912 FP.

#5 BrandonA

BrandonA

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,861 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 January 2015 - 08:03

Yes it's a counterfeit and even the pen is a bad fake.

I knowingly bougt a fake in the 90s to see what it was like. It was very poor. This pen looks similar to it.
My Collection: Montblanc Writers Edition: Hemingway, Christie, Wilde, Voltaire, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Poe, Proust, Schiller, Dickens, Fitzgerald (set), Verne, Kafka, Cervantes, Woolf, Faulkner, Shaw, Mann, Twain, Collodi, Swift, Balzac, Defoe, Tolstoy, Shakespeare, Saint-Exupery, Homer & Kipling. Montblanc Einstein (3,000) FP. Montblanc Heritage 1912 Resin FP. Montblanc Starwalker Resin: FP/BP/MP. Montblanc Traveller FP.

#6 SE1980

SE1980

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 January 2015 - 08:10

I knowingly bougt a fake in the 90s to see what it was like. It was very poor. This pen looks similar to it.

All MB pens are finished in very high quality and also looks very elegant. Recently I was in Kuala Lumpur and stepped into a night market where It's popular for its counterfeit goods and happened to see MB ballpoints and FPs....i was appalled at its poor construction and finishing.

Lamy 2000 FP, PP, BP, MFP & RB. Mont Blanc Meisterstück 161 Le Grand Platinum BP & Heritage 1912 FP.

#7 takkun

takkun

Ian M.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:00

I have not seen this type of packaging and the font 'Mont Blanc' seems odd.

The logo's the first dead giveaway, then the weird packaging, and most certainly the folded-back clip. 

10 years on PFN! I feel old, but not as old as my pens. 

Inked up: Wing Sung 618 - BSB / PFM III - Kiri-same / Namiki Falcon - Storia Fire / Lamy 2000 - Fuyu-gaki / Sheaffer Triumph - Eclat de Saphir

#8 Chrissy

Chrissy

Ancient Artifact

• Away
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,301 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 10:29

Sadly that's quite a common fake, and is nothing like any authentic Mb pen

#9 OngL

OngL

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 January 2015 - 11:06

Where is this place? Interesting to look around and improve my observation skill.

All MB pens are finished in very high quality and also looks very elegant. Recently I was in Kuala Lumpur and stepped into a night market where It's popular for its counterfeit goods and happened to see MB ballpoints and FPs....i was appalled at its poor construction and finishing.

#10 orfew

orfew

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,242 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 January 2015 - 14:37

Sorry Loretta you have a fake. There are plenty of places online to get authentic used MBs if you are interested.

" Gladly would he learn and gladly teach" G. Chaucer

#11 SE1980

SE1980

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 January 2015 - 15:02

Where is this place? Interesting to look around and improve my observation skill.

Petaling Street or "Chee Cheong Gai" in Cantonese. It's located near the Puduraya Bus Station.

#12 HermetiC

HermetiC

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 January 2015 - 22:37

Totally fake; sorry.

#13 Mister Mont Blanc

Mister Mont Blanc

Mr. Montblanc has cheated and fallen in love with Mr. Visconti

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 January 2015 - 03:41

I don't know how old this packaging is but does look possibly close to the genuine version. There aren't many, but some are sold in this see-through type cases on airlines or places where the pen cannot be removed and handled by the potential customer. This pen in particular is a counterfeit though unfortunately :(

I keep thinking about selling some of my pens but all that happens is I keep acquiring more!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mont blanc, fake mont blank, gold mont blanc, mont blanc meisterstuck

Sponsored Content

|