The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

What Notepad Or Notebook?

india notepad paper writing notebook fountainpen

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 yash_666

yash_666

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 January 2016 - 12:12

I recently bought a myPaperclip notebook in the A4 size and the paper is amazingly smooth. It is however pretty expensive and comes in at around ₹280 for 240 plain pages. I have, in the past used the bilt matrix 5 subject books and they're nice too. The bilt executive bond paper is however the cheapest good paper option that I know of.

Sponsored Content

#22 vikasbargale

vikasbargale

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 April 2016 - 19:27

Hi, try the Italian brand fabriano available through flipkart.

http://www.flipkart....yFooter_na_na_1

Its absolute value for money product. Try it. You won't regret it.

Its my daily driver for cursive handwriting exercise. 

Regards, 

Vikas

#23 AmeyaG

AmeyaG

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 June 2016 - 08:54

I am currently using following notebooks :

1. myPAPERCLIP executive series : These notebooks are thread sewn soft bound. They have 80gsm paper. They are available in ruled, grid patterns. Unruled notebooks are also available. The paper is very fountain pen friendly, it is cream coloured, smooth(has no texture). However, quality of the paper is inconsistent. Some papers(in the same notebook) are ink-resistive while some are absorbent and may lead to feathering or bleed-through even with finer nibs.

Cost : 245/-

2. Bilt matrix spiral bound : This notebook has 70gsm paper. The paper is fountain pen friendly. It is moderately ink-resistant. However, it is a little toothy/textured for my liking.

Coat :195/-

3. Anupam plush : Anupam is a local brand. They produce good quality journals and diaries. Paper quality (gsm) is unknown. But they have FP friendly paper. It is cream-coloured paper and smoother than bilt. I haven't noticed any bleed-through or feathering so far.

Cost : 395/-

4. JK cedar 100gsm : I bought a ream of 500 sheets and got some of them spiral bound. This may be the best paper I've used so far. As I don't use unruled paper, I'm planning to print and get them hard-bound.

#24 abhiman

abhiman

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 August 2016 - 04:28

I am moving back to India in a few months and had been wondering what to switch to from Rhodia. Thanks for all the excellent suggestions. Are these papers all very FP friendly ?

Dear arunmadhav,

You do not have the need to give up on Rhodia. 

You can still continue to use them. Rhodia pads and notebooks are now available in India.

You can either contact the importer or directly or buy them on Flipkart.com or Amazon.in

Best Regards,

AbhimanIntl

#25 dinuraj

dinuraj

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 August 2016 - 18:24

That is great news

#26 dinuraj

dinuraj

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 April 2017 - 14:00

Anyone has experience with the below notebook ? 

Paperkraft Signature Series premium notebook- With Paper that lasts 100 years 

http://www.amazon.in...ywords=notebook

Looks interesting. 

#27 delhirox

delhirox

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 May 2017 - 19:59

I like Shipra's A4 Premium Paper Square Book. 50 Sheets. Code No. SS-202. Cannot find it online. At my local stationer, I tell them for the 'architect notebook' and that's how they get it. The grid format can be very handy. 

#28 Tarundurga

Tarundurga

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 May 2017 - 18:53

I recently picked up a few Rubberband notebooks from Mumbai airport. These are the small size twin pack books. They are super for fountain pens as the ink doesn't leak to the other side.

#29 Mihir

Mihir

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 August 2017 - 18:55

I use rubberband notebooks at office daily, but I would not call it fountain pen friendly paper. Almost all the Krishna inks feather. 

Fabriano is much better option. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: india, notepad, paper, writing, notebook, fountainpen

Sponsored Content

|