The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Leaking Rotring 600

rotring leaking broken repair

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Exile

Exile

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 January 2015 - 15:40

Hi,

A year or two ago I bought a second hand Rotring 600 fountain pen with a fine nib. I LOVE this pen and do all of my creative writing with it. It writes like a dream, isn't too wet, flows perfectly across the page, has a nice weight, everything is perfect. Until about two months ago.

The pen has always had a 'singing nib' that I learned to ignore, but then it seemed to spring a leak just underneath the grip. I always manage to get ink on my hands when I write but I would find the crease in between my thumb and forefinger absolutely black. Similarly, when leaving the pen with the cap on, the inside of the cap would be wet when I took it off.

I sent it off to a repairman and he managed to fix the singing nib but, after several tries, could not fix the leak. He recommended I get a replacement part. However, as many of you will know, the Rotring 600 is no longer in production and replacement parts are extremely rare. I have contacted Rotring themselves and they gave me a list of repair guys, but I wanted to know if any of you wonderful people might know where I can get a replacement part. I've attached a photo to show where the leak is (just above the screw thread).

If anybody can help it would be massively appreciated.

Thanks.

Attached Images

• Rotring 1.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 strawberry

strawberry

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 January 2015 - 16:44

You got a PM.

Greetings,

strawberry

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rotring, leaking, broken, repair

Sponsored Content

|