Anyone Disassembled A Fashion Ii Section?

Flounder

After cleaning out all the gunge, I'd like to roll this Fashion II (like a Fashion, but takes regular sized Sheaffer carts) nib straight again. Do the nib & feed screw out, or are they friction fit?

Latest pen related post @ flounders-mindthots.blogspot.com : vintage Pilot Elite Pocket Pen review

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Flounder

• Ernst Bitterman

• ceac

• Penguincollector

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just tried it myself .... after some extensive ultrasonic cleaning I got the nib&feed rotating ... they didn't screw out though. I did manage to get the nib pulled out, but the feed stays in place and rotates within the section ...

HTH

My experience is with the Fashion 1, so it might not be on-point; in that, the section unscrews at the clutch ring, much the same as the Targas (slim or not).

Ravensmarch Pens & Books
It's mainly pens, just now....

Oh, good heavens. He's got a blog now, too.

fpn_1465330536__hwabutton.jpg

Thanks chaps. I managed to roll out the bend in situ (photo on this site somewhere) a while back, but good to know if there are further issues (it's not my pen).

ps - just replaced a missing clip in one of these, NOT impressed with the cap construction. The clip is held in by flimsy thin folded tabs, and the inner cap (which is also the snap ring) is attached to the outer by a metal spigot staked through it, flared at 3 points. Reminds me more of Chinese cheapies than a Sheaffer!

Latest pen related post @ flounders-mindthots.blogspot.com : vintage Pilot Elite Pocket Pen review

• 7 months later...

I opened up the Fashion II today, Erst's advice was correct. The section unscrews at the cap-stop ring.

It's curiously put together. As the cap construction is quite crude, I was expecting less going on in the section than Sheaffer have stuffed in there:

There's an o ring between the end of the feed's piercing tube and the threaded boss, a bit like a Targa in this respect.

The feed can only be removed from the rear of the pen - that's why yours wouldn't come out, ceac!

The feed is in at least two pieces. The front piece has the long feed channel that extends into the cartridge, and the back piece incorporates the long steel piercing tube. A key at each mating face ensures they only fit together one way.

The nib has a small blister at the back to keep it in place.

I took a few awful phone photos, will upload tomorrow.

Edited by Flounder

Here's a couple of notverysmartphotos showing the Sheaffer Fashion II's internals, and a loupe-held-to-the-lens closeup of the nib's friction fit blister blob thing.

http://i773.photobucket.com/albums/yy19/flounder2009/Sheaffer%20Fashion%20II/Sheaffer%20Fashion%20II%20disassembly.jpg

http://i773.photobucket.com/albums/yy19/flounder2009/Sheaffer%20Fashion%20II/Sheaffer%20Fashion%20II%20nib.jpg

• 7 years later...

Hi everyone, bring this thread back up because my recently purchased Fashion II 240’s nib looks like it’s not seated properly and is having some flow issues. It’s rare that I have any problems with this line, so I have never taken one of these apart. Here’s a picture with the problem Fashion (silver) next to a working one (gold plated) I see more of the base of the nib on the silver one than the other. How do I fix that? The silver nib may also be curved downward more than it should be, but I don’t have another point of reference besides the other Fashion II model already pictured. My others are the slimmer Fashion I. In any case, please let me know if you see anything amiss and suggestions on how to fix it. Thanks.

76DB5D74-0D90-4A61-BCC4-3203A23F68D0.jpeg

Top 5 of 23 currently inked pens:

Namiki Origami Tradition maki-e Penguin F, Pilot Iroshizuku Ku-Jaku

Sailor X Sakazaki Penguin Pro Gear Slim MF, Sailor Manyo Konagi

Lamy 2000 EF, Diamine Purple Bow

Platinum Hibiscus SF short-long, Platinum Green

Indigo Bronze TWSBI Eco 1.1 Stub, De Atramentis Columbia Blue-Copper 

always looking for penguin fountain pens and stationery