The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

A Visconti Homo Sapiens Bronze (Maxi) Review

visconti homo sapiens bronze maxi palladium oversize 23k dreamtouch m805 c823

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#81 Precise

Precise

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 June 2016 - 03:58

As mentioned above, I had a replacement HS inbound.  Sadly, it also had fill problems, though it managed to "drink" about 40% of spec.  

It also skipped badly.  Normally, I fix a skip by widening the gap and making the pen wetter.  But this pen was already too wet.  So it's in the mail, back to the seller and I'm giving up on this model.

Alan

Sponsored Content

#82 sannidh

sannidh

Finding Eternity

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 June 2016 - 10:58

As mentioned above, I had a replacement HS inbound.  Sadly, it also had fill problems, though it managed to "drink" about 40% of spec.  

It also skipped badly.  Normally, I fix a skip by widening the gap and making the pen wetter.  But this pen was already too wet.  So it's in the mail, back to the seller and I'm giving up on this model.

Alan

It's unfortunate to come across another Visconti QC matter, Alan. I got another HS, it came with misaligned tines. Thankfully, I could adjust the nib, without sending it back. I hope you get one from the store after testing it.

Sonik

You have come to earth to entertain and to be entertained - P.Y

Some Pen & Paraphernalia Reviews

#83 jimrie

jimrie

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 June 2016 - 23:52

Just waiting for one to pop up on the classifieds for the right price and I'm sold!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: visconti, homo sapiens, bronze, maxi, palladium, oversize, 23k, dreamtouch, m805, c823

Sponsored Content

|