The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Can We Trust This Price? Platinum #3776

platinum 3776 ebay

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 AngraMelo

AngraMelo

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 January 2015 - 23:40

Hello everyone, how are you doing?

Does anyone knows this seller? Would you guys buy this? Im looking for a pen of the same brand and model but with the music nib, any suggestion for where to buy? (I prefer to have a pre-owned one)

http://www.ebay.com/...=item27f5aeb26f

Sponsored Content

#2 ceac

ceac

Great minds discuss ideas - Small minds discuss people

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 January 2015 - 23:48

He scored 100% positive feedback on 1466 items so it should be OK. Also the price seems right ... I bought a 3776 from Japan for $100 including shipping ...

#3 risingsun

risingsun

Collector Mentality

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 January 2015 - 23:49

I bought mine from them. Arrived promptly and brand new, as described. No idea whether they have the music nib or not, but usually it adds some to the price tag.

Sun%20Hemmi2.jpg

#4 Sridhar

Sridhar

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 January 2015 - 23:49

I think a music nib on this pen is more expensive.  If you wanted a new one you can look at engeika.com or pisuke2005 on ebay. (no affiliations). Don't know about pre-owned ones though.....

#5 PAKMAN

PAKMAN

Say that again, I have a pen here somewhere...

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,259 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 January 2015 - 23:58

Very good feedback, and the price looks good, I'd buy from them myself.

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif             fpn_1321906507__vanness_sign.jpg 

My Favorite Pen Restorer                            My favorite Brick and Mortar              

now selling online!

#6 RNHC

RNHC

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 00:13

The price is probably reflective of recent cratering of yen against dollar. Yen dropped about 10% against dollar since mid-October.

#7 jmccarty3

jmccarty3

There is no "c" in Sheaffer

• FPN Supporter - Platinum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,357 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 January 2015 - 00:15

I have bought from this dealer before without problems. Obtaining the music nib may be more of a problem. It is my understanding that the music was originally available only on the black 3776, but now is available on the Chartres Blue and the Burgogne 3776s.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

#8 Brian C

Brian C

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,581 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 January 2015 - 00:16

I recently ordered one from them. Haven't received it yet but communication has been great.

#9 AngraMelo

AngraMelo

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 January 2015 - 00:23

Thank you guys so much! I will make the purchase!

#10 oshizemi

oshizemi

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 January 2015 - 17:43

I didn't know the yen dropped. Maybe I'll have to pick up a 3776 with a music nib, then all my drawing needs are met!
"Do you know the legend about cicadas? They say they are the souls of poets who cannot keep quiet because, when they were alive, they never wrote the poems they wanted to."

#11 AnnieB123

AnnieB123

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 January 2015 - 17:52

Nothing sanguine to add except congrats on your new pen!  Beauty!

#12 Brian C

Brian C

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,581 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 January 2015 - 15:02

I received mine a few days ago. It looks to be slightly used. It writes well and is not damaged in any so for the price I'm okay with it but I wish they would mention this in the add.

#13 ScienceChick

ScienceChick

Talk Nerdy To Me

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• 2,370 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 January 2015 - 15:19

I ordered one on the Jan. 10, they provided tracking info the next day and it's been languishing in NY for the last week.

The auction states the pen is guaranteed to be authentic and new; what makes you think the pen is used? And have you considered asking for a partial refund?

Based on their feedback I don't anticipate any issues but if I think my pen is used I'll have to decide how to proceed. OTOH, if the pen is pristine I got a good deal even if it is used so ...

photo 9a3c4b09-5684-4070-874c-d3e7313947e7.pngLife is too short to use crappy pens.  -carlos.q

#14 ScienceChick

ScienceChick

Talk Nerdy To Me

• 2,370 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 January 2015 - 04:14

Update:  my pen arrived today and it seems to me to be new/unused.  It's a beauty and writes well OOTB. The only "issue" is that the nib wasn't fully installed; it needed to be pushed into the section a bit to seat fully.  A great deal, IMO.

Edited by ScienceChick, 29 January 2015 - 04:15.

photo 9a3c4b09-5684-4070-874c-d3e7313947e7.pngLife is too short to use crappy pens.  -carlos.q

#15 Brian C

Brian C

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,581 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 January 2015 - 17:36

I ordered one on the Jan. 10, they provided tracking info the next day and it's been languishing in NY for the last week.

The auction states the pen is guaranteed to be authentic and new; what makes you think the pen is used? And have you considered asking for a partial refund?

Based on their feedback I don't anticipate any issues but if I think my pen is used I'll have to decide how to proceed. OTOH, if the pen is pristine I got a good deal even if it is used so ...

Sorry about the delay. The pen has clearly been handled quite a bit and you (or rather I) can tell when a feed has never been inked or rinsed. I wouldn't be surprised if mine was used as a tester in a store. No big deal, there's nothing wrong with it.

#16 Legal Eagle

Legal Eagle

Tempura-Tamenuri

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 February 2015 - 04:51

I just bought a 2nd chartres blue (soft-fine) from them, it arrived really quickly in new condition as advertised. 

Current Favourites

Pen- Pilot Custom 74  

Ink- J.Herbin Emerald of Chivor

#17 Peloton

Peloton

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 14:54

I think these are new, but sometimes former display stock. Still should work flawlessly and great for the price.

#18 ScienceChick

ScienceChick

Talk Nerdy To Me

• 2,370 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 March 2015 - 04:55

I like the Chartres Blue so much that I'm eyeing the Nice. That's one pretty pen and they have a good price.

Edited by ScienceChick, 05 March 2015 - 04:56.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: platinum 3776, ebay

Sponsored Content

|