The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

M150 Nib On An M200

pelikan m150 m200 nibs

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Chicken Scratch Practitioner

Chicken Scratch Practitioner

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 January 2015 - 16:26

I am new to Fountain Pen Network and this is my first time posting anything so if I post this in the wrong spot or do it the wrong way, please feel free to correct me.

I recently purchased a Pelikan M200 from my local pen shop. I had wanted one with a medium nib for some time and, as a college student, the decision to spend more than $100 on a pen was not an easy one. They didn't have any with medium nibs in the shop at the time or have any medium replacement nibs for the M200 so they took a medium from an M150 and put it on an M200 and gave me a free bottle of Diamine Presidential Blue (which I am now IN LOVE with) to compensate for the price difference. It writes beautifully and lays down a nice, thick line of ink but I've been wondering about the difference in the size between the nibs of the M150 and M200.

Do you think this is causing any change in the writing experience from the way the pen needs to be held or anything like that and, if so, would it be enough of a difference to require buying an actual M200 nib (keep in mind, on a budget).

Thanks!

Attached Images

• photo (2).JPG
  • photo (3).JPG

Sponsored Content

#2 Biber

Biber

...but that was another lifetime

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,475 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 16:35

When I had my 150 a couple of years ago I remember comparing the 150 and 200 nibs. As I remember the 150 had a slightly narrower profile and may have been a milimeter or two shorter. A google image search for Pelikan nibs will bring up many images side by side comparasons throughtout the whole nib range.

"What? What's that? WHAT?!!! SPEAK UP, I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!" - Ludwig van Beethoven.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pelikan, m150, m200, nibs

Sponsored Content

|